The creation of Banaadir state is in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of chatter about this development might be something to watch

Also, a dirty waqooyi from togdheer who's close to Kheyre has been named the central bank governor per dahir alasow
D3UElPcX4AI89si.jpg

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Then Reer Central Somalia should know that Xamar will no longer be capital city of the nation. No country on earth with a federal system, has the capital also a federal state.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Then Reer Central Somalia should know that Xamar will no longer be capital city of the nation. No country on earth with a federal system, has the capital also a federal state.
Which state should Xamar be part of then. Whichever state it would put it at advantage against others so I believe creating a small Banaadir state is wise for ensuring stability in Banaadir. Banaadir state for the 0.5ers

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Which state should Xamar be part of then. Whichever state it would put it at advantage against others so I believe creating a small Banaadir state is wise for ensuring stability in Banaadir. Banaadir state for the 0.5ers

It should belong to no state like Washington DC

Ibro

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.
That could work too

It can't. Washington DC's population isn't that too great but Mogadishu has 3.5 million which will be 4 million soon. That would me 4% - 5% don't have a federal MPs or Senators representing them in the federal Parliament.

The best option would take German way of federalism. Turn the capital into federal city-state. But on condition that government institution, building, Members of Parliament and Presidency's residency would not have to abide by State laws instead it be under federal laws.

This applies to other government institutions and properties. For example, military bases scattered around Somalia do not have to abide to state laws and regulation eg land ownership. That state's authority like ministers and police do not hold authority there nor can they enter it with FGS permission.

Simply put it, Federal government properties and institution are immune to state laws and regulation while being under authority of the FGS's laws and regulations. While the Capital would become more of a symbolic idea then an actual function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending