the concept of blackness and being a coon

Status
Not open for further replies.
when it comes to people who have a cultural identity that transcends race and nationality, like latinos and arabs, they come in many different racial mixes but why is it that it's always the black ones that get bullied into accepting a racial identity. :cosbyhmm: sudanese arabs and dominicans get called coons while their white skinned counterparts don't identify with europeans and aren't expected to even though they have substantial ancestry from them.

this is not a topic about who's black and what it means so please don't go there :whoa: this is about why black is ostracized from every community

Last edited:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Because the black identity for some reason is far more inclusive than the white one.
People like to force their ideals on other people, Americans are stereotyped to hold this view but in truth this is universal. IMO forcing others to identify with you is far less "progressive" than those same people who claim to be "not prejudiced".

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Nah DuctTape it's simpler than that

People who run from African based labels are seen as despising their heritage because Europeans have more modern success. There's no shame in denying a lineage that is seen as dominant but it is seen as shameful to run away from something that is less powerful.

It's misguided but it is actually entrenched in something.

Only issue I have is ethnic coonery. Like you champion the views and sentiments of those who degrade your actual ethnic group. Those people can play in traffic tbh

when it comes to people who have a cultural identity that transcends race and nationality, like latinos and arabs, they come in many different racial mixes but why is it that it's always the black ones that get bullied into accepting a racial identity. :cosbyhmm: sudanese arabs and dominicans get called coons while their white skinned counterparts don't identify with europeans and aren't expected to even though they have substantial ancestry from them.

this is not a topic about who's black and what it means so please don't go there :whoa: this is about why black is ostracized from every community
The reason is because of their history you see in America there was the one drop policy were if you had one black parent you are automatically black so if there's someone that doesn't look that black to them he is still considered black.

People who run from African based labels are seen as despising their heritage because Europeans have more modern success. There's no shame in denying a lineage that is seen as dominant but it is seen as shameful to run away from something that is less powerful.

Only issue I have is ethnic coonery. Like you champion the views and sentiments of those who degrade your actual ethnic group. Those people can play in traffic tbh

I agree with you, but they usually aren't shamed from denying their african heritage because they don't. I think they're called coons for being "latino first" or not identifying with north american black culture.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

I guess that makes sense.
Yeah the people that are pro-the enemy are absolute wastes of space :kodaksmiley:
Got a few of those on this site :sass2:

Cultural identity can never transcend race and if you don't believe me go to Deep South in US and tell the white people you identify with US culture more than anything and see how much they accept you!

Go wear a burka and go to Saudi Arabia and say you identify more with them and see how much they accept you if believe culture transcends race:kodaksmiley:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
nope just read something about dominicans being coons and thought it was pretty stupid
Dominicans can identify with who they please, laakin I have heard about some Dominicans swearing to god that they have no African ancestry and pretending it's European or something else, which is obviously pretty shitty. Still, even if they do, they are still distinct from the people who call them "coons", so it's up to them.

Cultural identity can never transcend race and if you don't believe me go to Deep South in US and tell the white people you identify with US culture more than anything and see how much they accept you!

Go wear a burka and go to Saudi Arabia and say you identify more with them and see how much they accept you if believe culture transcends race:kodaksmiley:

It''s not about who accepts who. it's about certain cultures having multiple races. somali people are all one race but latinos/arabs can be black white or mixed and one is not more hispanic than the other culturally regardless of how they may feel about one another.

Saudi isn't an ethnicity, but if you meant Arab then sorry but Saudi's have no authority over who is and isn't Arab.

Dominicans can identify with who they please, laakin I have heard about some Dominicans swearing to god that they have no African ancestry and pretending it's European or something else, which is obviously pretty shitty. Still, even if they do, they are still distinct from the people who call them "coons", so it's up to them.

if they do that I can see how it's coonish...

It''s not about who accepts who. it's about certain cultures having multiple races. somali people are all one race but latinos/arabs can be black white or mixed and one is not more hispanic than the other culturally regardless of how they may feel about one another.
There you failed again Arabs are one race and am talking about the true desert arabs they have one father.... how can arabs be black:draketf: I guess you never heard " ya aswad"

There you failed again Arabs are one race and am talking about the true desert arabs they have one father.... how can arabs be black:draketf: I guess you never heard " ya aswad"
LMAO what?

Arab isn't a race, true Arabs are Bedouins of Southern Arabia. Levant people (Lebanon, Syria, etc) are non-Arab with some Bedouin (true Arab) ancestry, just like how a BLACK person can have Bedouin ancestry.

Status
Not open for further replies.