The building of structures over graves

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, prohibited building over graves, sitting upon them, or praying over them.
Source: Musnad Abī Ya’lá 1020

For a people as religious as Somalis, I find it interesting that they built tombs for important characters.

Here are examples:

Sheikh Darood's Tomb:

1684278471687.png

Sheikh Isaaq's Tomb:

1684278594300.png

Dombiro's Tomb:

1684278735874.png

Sheikh Samaroon's Tomb:

1684278812444.png

Sheikh Issa's Tomb
:

1684278927899.png

Harti's Tomb:

1684279050571.png

Aw-Barkhadle's Tomb:

1684279208448.png

You will also find other tombs, some less elaborate built on graves across Somaliweyn.

Truth be told, it is makrooh or haram depending on the position you follow, but it would probably make a lot of people angry if they were to get destroyed. It is maybe less harmful to leave them as they are.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Truth be told, it is makrooh or haram depending on the position you follow, but it would probably make a lot of people angry if they were to get destroyed. It is maybe less harmful to leave them as they are.

Look, don't destroy Somalis' belief they originate from Arabs. My dad got angry when I tried to bring up the topic.

Turn them into heritage sites and don't allow anyone to access them :mjdontkno:

Trending

Latest posts