The big taboo: fake depression and suicidal thoughts

Now this is something no one says openly. But there are a lot of people who claim depression and suicidal thoughts/attempts when they get caught out doing bad or looking for sympathy.

Specially with social media influencers. So many claim to have tried suicide or depression. But as soon as you use these 2 words. You cant be questioned and will receive a lot of sympathy. Anyone angry at you will feel bad and has to let it go. Its a powerful tool to use.

This guy at my work is off due to depression now and getting paid. My boss says he knows he is faking it but cant do anything

He granted him time off and showed sympathy to his face. Just told me he is a lying cvnt lol. You believe everyone giving you a sob story?

No. I believe most people complaining about their mental health these past few years exaggerate and use it as an excuse.

Your boss is still being very unprofessional. They're private matters, regardless of whether or not he believes it justified.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
That guy is smart. While you're wage-slaving and doing his tasks, he's out partying and binge-watching the latest netflix shows. You just got played, sxb.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I find that White people are the biggest abusers of having days off because of mental health issues.

I had a co worker have time off work to look after her sick cat. She could have done that on her days off.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I don't understand what it means to be depressed long term? I mean we've all had our rough days but don't most people get over it after couple days? Unless it was the death of a loved one which might take several weeks to get over.

Maybe im just cold hearted

I don't understand what it means to be depressed long term? I mean we've all had our rough days but don't most people get over it after couple days? Unless it was the death of a loved one which might take several weeks to get over.

they don’t produce enough enough of the neurotransmitters that regulate your mood, without them you feel down all the time

You've confused being sad, something everyone feels now and then-- with depression. Also losing someone is grief not depression.

VixR

Veritas
Of course, some people use it as a con. I knew someone who lied about having depression to get a single dorm, so she didn’t have to share a space.

Most people aren’t faking it, though. People are becoming increasingly depressed. They’re everywhere. That’s part of why it’s a good con.

I have a friend who’s grandmother has died at least 50 times now lol. She could just blanket claim a faked depression and be done with it.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Now this is something no one says openly. But there are a lot of people who claim depression and suicidal thoughts/attempts when they get caught out doing bad or looking for sympathy.

Specially with social media influencers. So many claim to have tried suicide or depression. But as soon as you use these 2 words. You cant be questioned and will receive a lot of sympathy. Anyone angry at you will feel bad and has to let it go. Its a powerful tool to use.

This guy at my work is off due to depression now and getting paid. My boss says he knows he is faking it but cant do anything

there is no way of quantifying depressions.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
When I was a wadaad I once tried to jump off a bridge and die trying I didn't cared about living anymore got sick and tired of this miserable world you just want to end it questioning what went wrong and why life went upside down worthlessness when the negative thoughts feed you over and over

you constantly replay on how you want to end the suffering these are the begining stages of suicidal thoughts you can have those thoughts for months or years and look completely normal on the outside but internally screamimg
The only way to survive suicide contemplation is move away from toxic environment thats been infesting you with negativity avoid and cut off negative people ,
Depression is something that most of us can relate to when it comes to feeling empty , realising the world is too big for our pathetic bullshit

it's something that's not common within the broader somali community, it's a highly sensitive matter that no one talks about rather viewed as Jinni baa ku dhacay hala quraansaaro instead

If these issues are continued to be ignored unfortunately more somalis will attempt to ,
As I've seen many somalis hanging themselves on trees

We need to establish a hotline in Afsoomali

Trending