The Ancient Kingdom of Punt and its Factor in Egyptian History

These are actually old research articles from 2014-2015 written by Said M-Shidad Hussein. He is currently the head of the Department of Advanced Social Science Studies at Puntland Development and Research Centre. I only read part 4 so far, some interesting information, seems well sourced. Thought I'd share it here if anyone hasn't read it. Mentions Greek, Roman, and Egyptian involvement in Northern Somalia as well as discussing Punt. It is 8 parts long, but part 3 is missing I couldn't find it.

Part 1: https://wardheernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Ancient-Kingdom-of-Punt_Shidad.pdf
Part 2: https://wardheernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Kingdom-of-Punt_Said.pdf
Part 4: https://wardheernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Kingdom-of-Punt-IV_Said.pdf
Part 5&6: https://wardheernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/The-Ancient-Kingdom-of-Punt-VI_Shidad.pdf
Part 7: https://wardheernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/The-Land-of-Punt-Said-Shidad.pdf
Part 8: https://wardheernews.com/wp-content...ANCIENT-KINGDOM-OF-PUNT-Part-VIII-By-Said.pdf

1668433780770.png

Garaad diinle

 
Interesting i'll try cheaking them out in all honesty i feel like researche on the land of Punt are few sparce low effort and sometimes insincere and disingenuine so every bit of research is needed. I would recommend or add to the list

landofpunt.wordpress.com.

They have some interesting notes.

Garaad diinle

 
I personaly never thought that Punt has anything to do with somalia i mean how could the ancient egyption have advanced enough knwoledge about sailing in the open sea of the indian ocean and egypt is only surounded by two inland sea. eventually i got convinced with 80% certainty that somalia is the fabled land of Punt not northern eritria, yemen or oman. I previously wrote how punt and opone relate to xaafoon but asid from that there are more evidence i could use.

This might sound strange but bear with me for now. The land of Punt is not the land of gods
Ta netjer but the land of gods is inside Punt. What dose this mean you ask you see when Hatchepsuts expedition was sent to the land of Punt one her self highlighted achievement was that she not only landed in Punt but also enterd the garden that grows frankincense which she calls Ta netjer gods land. It's sort of similar to how greece is not the land of gods but houses mount olympus the land of god.

What was exetremly unique about punt was their frankincense and of curse many other stuff but primarily frankincense. The greek source that i used for opone and other ancient greek geographer call somalia aromata and in the arabic translaition of pliny the elder it's tiib which means caraf. In contrast yemen is called happy arabia. Somalia is the only conutry in the world to have three kinds of frankincense Boswellia sacra, Boswellia frereana and Boswellia occulta. In some european countries on the mediterranenan sea they call the somali frankincense the coptic frankincense since copt descendants from ancient egyption use to acquire theirs from somalia and ship it to europe.

Last edited:
I personaly never thought that Punt has anything to do with somalia i mean how could the ancient egyption have advanced enough knwoledge about sailing in the open sea of the indian ocean and egypt is only surounded by two inland sea. eventuraly i got convinced with 80% certainty that somalia is the fabled Punt not northern eritria, yemen or oman. I previously wrote how punt and opone relate to xaafoon but asid from that there are more evidence i could use.

This might sound strange but bear with me for now. The land of Punt is not the land of gods
Ta netjer but the land of gods is inside Punt. What dose this mean you ask you see when Hatchepsuts expedition was sent to Punt one her self highlighted achievement was that she not only landed in Punt but also enterd the garden that grows frankincense which she calls Ta netjer gods land. It's sort of similar to how greece is not the land of gods but houses mount olympus the land of god.

What was exetremly unique about punt was their frankincense and of curse many other stuff but primarily frankincense. The greek source that i used for opone and other ancient greek geographer call somalia aromata and in the arabic translaition of pliny the elder it's tiib which means caraf. In contrast yemen is called happy arabia. Somalia is the only conutry in the world to have three kinds of frankincense Boswellia sacra, Boswellia frereana and Boswellia occulta. In some european countries on the mediterranenan sea they call the somali frankincense the coptic frankincense since copt descendants from ancient egyption use to acquire theirs from somalia and ship it to europe.
Exactly, they have been calling us the land of frankincense and myrrh for a long time. The Chinese, Arabs, Greeks, Romans did so it is not far fetched for the Egyptians to be referring to us as well. I hope in the coming years more archaeological research is done in northern Somalia. There is a treasure trove of discoveries yet to be examined.

nicki minaj

He was the realest, I was the baddest 💋
The fact that It’s been decades and Egyptologist STILL haven’t cleaned up or properly addressed this whole mess, even after admitting their mistakes, is ridiculous. Ancient Egyptians are NOT seafarers and they’ve never crossed the Sahara Desert, it was literally a sedentary civilization focused of agriculture. Land of Punt and the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor is based on the lagoons/lakes of northernmost Lower Egypt (going by the corrected translations by ACTUAL Egyptologists like Claude Vandersleyen) BUT it’s NOT real. This whole thing is a product of Upper Egypt’s imagination (which is what they are known for 😉).

I used to be in this small East African history discord and they had a LOTTTTT of receipts on this particular topic, which I really regret not saving when I left :\

Garaad diinle

 
I myself was of the same mind set as yours ancient egyption and open sea didn't click for me
but one has to change there opinion when confronted with evidence.

Have you not read about Wadi el-Jarf port on the red sea the oldest port in the world dating back close to the first meantion of Punt in the ancient egyption Hieroglyph.
One can cleary see the enormous ships depicted on the Hatshepsut temple wall that measured 70 feets and was carrying the huge volumes of trade from Punt and possibly other ports on the red sea. Ancient egyption was well familiar with ships building and they were early adopters of traingle sails the same sails that enabeld the portuguese to traverse africa to india and beyand.

It's great that you brought upp the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor a story of a man that survived a storm at sea and found him self alone in Punt. His descreption of the rough sea with the enourmes and tall wave is similer if not identical to Al-Mas'udi descreption of waves on the somali northern coast. in fact both the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor and Mas'udi despite having capable sailing crew they were scard and at the mercy of Allah. If i remember correctly the height of the waves in the story and that of Al-Mas'udi were the same. Such wave are only found in open sea and most likely these are Cape Guardafui wave which werecked not only ancient egyption scared omani sailers but also wrecked numerus english ships in the 19th century.

Now this alone might not be convincing i mean it must be extermily hard to sail through these sea right!!! Answer not realy the vikings with there very simple rowing boat and a simple rectangel sail were not only able to travel to iceland through the rough open atlantic sea called by the arabs the seas of drakness but also they made it to north america. If viking can cross an ocean the ancient egyption can sail to somalia just fine.

The fact that It’s been decades and Egyptologist STILL haven’t cleaned up or properly addressed this whole mess, even after admitting their mistakes, is ridiculous. Ancient Egyptians are NOT seafarers and they’ve never crossed the Sahara Desert, it was literally a sedentary civilization focused of agriculture. Land of Punt and the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor is based on the lagoons/lakes of northernmost Lower Egypt (going by the corrected translations by ACTUAL Egyptologists like Claude Vandersleyen) BUT it’s NOT real. This whole thing is a product of Upper Egypt’s imagination (which is what they are known for 😉).

I used to be in this small East African history discord and they had a LOTTTTT of receipts on this particular topic, which I really regret not saving when I left :\

You should learn to question instead of soaking up information indiscriminately from Discord by other East Africans with biases. Egyptians had the capability to sail to Somaliland. All they needed was to sail from the Eastern Desert shores on the right seasons.

You should learn to question instead of soaking up information indiscriminately from Discord by other East Africans with biases. Egyptians had the capability to sail to Somaliland. All they needed was to sail from the Eastern Desert shores on the right seasons.
They don't understand that historical compilation along with archeology of a region takes years and millions of dollars. If the west doesn't have much of an interest in your history like they did with the Egyptians than you yourself have to foot the bill. This is why there's so many question marks when it comes to African history.

For example theres a whole Meroitic script from Sudan that's been undeciphered. Imagine whole periods of a nation's history locked away and basically a mystery because there isn't enough resources committed to deciphering it.
1668929977309.png

Trending