The Amazon monopoly and the problem with Jeff Bezos' business model

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no such thing as a company to big to fail, banks and car companies were invested in by the federal government in 2009 as a new way to stimulate the economy instead of buying and selling bonds like usual, I doubt they would do that for Amazon if it went under

They might have to tho in that situation as Amazon employs hundreds of thousands of workers in the states.

Imagine that many people out of jobs at the same time, could start a riot.

Tukraq

VIP
They might have to tho in that situation as Amazon employs hundreds of thousands of workers in the states.

Imagine that many people out of jobs at the same time, could start a riot.
In this economy it would be tough luck on them but would be told to go find another job, it’s not the governments responsibility to save companies and the trump administration would probably be happy that amazon went under:manny: if you remember the dot com bubble, all these tech companies were going under and the government didn’t give a shit and it still won’t :lolbron: the banking industry is fdic insured so it can be luck to some degree although it will probably be bought out By competitors if a bank fails

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
There is tremendous future growth for the company, no doubt. But I meant it from the perspective of investing $2000. Better to use that money on new startups imo.

Startups that have IPO'd usually don't grow more than 20% or are just as likely to plateau.

Investing $2,000 in private startups is near to impossible unless you're accredited and join a syndicate.

Even then only 1/25 startups provide their investors with a decent return.

I'd rather invest in public high growth tech companies with a huge moat around them.

Only few come to mind but even fewer have some growth left in them.

If you want a quick return from your $2,000 invest in yourself instead.

Buy yourself a couple of nice suits for work or take some courses that will help you advanced your career quickly.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Bezos' business model is shareholder supremacy. Basically, everything is justified as long as the share value is growing.

He reassures his shareholders that Amazon has invested, and will continue to invest aggressively to expand and leverage their customer base, brand, and infrastructure as they move to establish an enduring franchise. The revenue growth is the manifest of this very expansion.

Amazon dominates in e-commerce -- controlling roughly half of all online sales, and more than all of their competition combined. They control more than 90% of the market share in five different categories. And this from undercutting competitors with predatory pricing, through forcing itself into their business, to vertically integrating into strategic market across the business line.

Amazon is on track to gradually take over every aspect of e-commerce and to control and decide what we shop, and what is allowed to be sold.

You should take the time and watch it later.

I hate amazon! Amazon greedy ass have taken over my city. I used to go to this nice lounge in downtown few years ago..amazon have bought the building and the owner was forced to move out. They also bought Whole Foods..who the f*ck is gonna order fresh fruits and veggies from online :gucciwhat:

Tukraq

VIP
I hate amazon! Amazon greedy ass have taken over my city. I used to go to this nice lounge in downtown few years ago..amazon have bought the building and the owner was forced to move out. They also bought Whole Foods..who the f*ck is gonna order fresh fruits and veggies from online :gucciwhat:
people are lazy:mjlol: online shopping for food will be more common, the thing they should be going after though is uber eats, they need a way for amazon to deliver all foods hot and ready

Yes; I will not rest until you develop love handles. Like an over pampered house cat (@A_A's trigger word). All things can be delivered to you, forget about the forced pleasantries you feel obligated to engage in with store clerks. So archiac!

That will be a thing of the past.
I'm an old school dog. I will buy things I can't get in physical stores, online, but I won't use Amazon either way. I use spessific sites for the spessific thing I'm after.

Last edited:
Your lounge was on the losing side of Capitalism. It's just what it is.

Is Amazon is selling fresh food and veggies online? That's weird but praiseworthy at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts