The Amazon monopoly and the problem with Jeff Bezos' business model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
It's a matter of perspective. Amazon makes it harder for smaller companies to compete in almost all sectors. If that isn't a problem, then I don't know.

I don't care at all, Bezos played his card right.
If they can’t compete it’s because they aren’t good, competition is good if it’s quality competition, they need to do e-commerce better but yeah Amazon is like the Starbucks of ecommerce

Tukraq

VIP
The company is too big to fail, so it's here to stay for a very long time.

I've never used Amazon in my life.
There’s no such thing as a company to big to fail, banks and car companies were invested in by the federal government in 2009 as a new way to stimulate the economy instead of buying and selling bonds like usual, I doubt they would do that for Amazon if it went under

If they can’t compete it’s because they aren’t good, competition is good if it’s quality competition, they need to do e-commerce better but yeah Amazon is like the Starbucks of ecommerce
"If they can’t compete it’s because they aren’t good."

I don't think that's true. It is true to some extent, but Amazon uses tactics to outcompete because of their power and their large positioning, not because of the quality of the product.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Different places depending on what I'm after. Is there something wrong with buying stuff in person?

Yes; I will not rest until you develop love handles. Like an over pampered house cat (@A_A's trigger word). All things can be delivered to you, forget about the forced pleasantries you feel obligated to engage in with store clerks. So archiac!

That will be a thing of the past.

There’s no such thing as a company to big to fail, banks and car companies were invested in by the federal government in 2009 as a new way to stimulate the economy instead of buying and selling bonds like usual, I doubt they would do that for Amazon if it went under
It is a real thing, stop being ridiculous.

Amazon is a trillion dollar company. It has real-life consequences on the economy as a whole if it goes down.

Too big to fail.

Tukraq

VIP
"If they can’t compete it’s because they aren’t good."

I don't think that's true. It is true to some extent, but Amazon uses tactics to outcompete because of their power and their large positioning, not because of the quality of the product.
They don’t have any “power”, it’s a free market and the winners(best products) win and losers go out

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Do you know why Jeff Bezos chose books as the first thing? That was the best way to get metadata on people. It was the best way to get an aggregate understanding of them. The guy is brilliant at what he does.

He started with books because in the advent of the late 90-- Oprah made her book club, readership went up like crazy. I was an avid fan of Oprah myself. Although her book choices were qharaab to say the least, she did encourage alot of white people to read and buy books.

i remember the day Bezo came to Oprah to promote amazon.com clearly like it was yesterday

Last edited:

Tukraq

VIP
It is a real thing, stop being ridiculous.

Amazon is a trillion dollar company. It has real-life consensus on the economy as a whole Ff it goes down.

Too big to fail.
Bigger companies have failed, and this is America we’re talking about the most innovative country of all time, they will easily be replaced, we’re ford or standard oil today:farmajoyaab:

Bigger companies have failed, and this is America we’re talking about the most innovative country of all time, they will easily be replaced, we’re ford or standard oil today:farmajoyaab:
Ford was outcompeted, and Standard Oil was based on finite resources while companies like Amazon can constantly reinvent themselves. Those types of companies are here to stay for a long ass time.

E-commerce is something we are going to need forever. I don't see a new company outcompeting Amazon in the near future. The headstart is too great coupled with an aggressive business model. I don't see how a new company can outcompete in the same field.

Tukraq

VIP
Ford was outcompeted, and Standard Oil was based on finite resources while companies like Amazon can constantly reinvent themselves. Those types of companies are here to stay for a long ass time.

E-commerce is something we are going to need forever. I don't see a new company outcompeting Amazon in the near future. The headstart is too great coupled with an aggressive business model. I don't see how a new company can outcompete in the same field.
Maybe by having an even more aggressive business model, no company is to big to fail people thought that about Walmart and look what happened, and of course you can’t see it otherwise you’d be rich investing in said company like Forrest Gump and apple

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Isn't AWS how amazon makes the majority of its money and not the retail side?

Also, I love the service... amazon original television shows and I get 1-2 day free shipping, great customer service and access to all of their other online services.

@The alchemist

Bezos owns (jointly with his soon to be divorced wife) only 16% or roughly 79 million shares of Amazon, it seems like with 16% he is the biggest shareholder and who owns the rest of the shares? I asked you this because he reminds me of Rupert Murdoch who only owns similar percentages in News Corp and every time minor shareholders wanted to unseat him, he always had the support and backing of powerful investors like prince waleed bin talal and few other major institutional investors. Since he’s a significant minor shareholder, it could happen to him what happened to Travis Kalanick of Uber and kicked out running the company.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Don't. The company is already big, so the growth and gain will be slow and small. Better to look for new companies, or invest in real-estate or some shit.

There's plenty of growth left.

Amazon wants to take over the world + space. The global economy stands at 80 trillion today and Amazon barely takes in less than 0.5% of that in revenue.

Might sound crazy but they actually have a shot at at least doubling one more time.

Tukraq

VIP

Amazon wants to take over the world + space. The global economy stands at 80 trillion today and Amazon barely takes in less than 0.5% of that in revenue.

Might sound crazy but they actually have a shot at at least doubling one more time.
blue origin isn't amazon, its Bezos private space company which he has as a side hustle, so what does that have to do with amazons growth:mjlol: amazon is an ecommerce company and has nothing to do with space

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
blue origin isn't amazon, its Bezos private space company which he has as a side hustle, so what does that have to do with amazons growth:mjlol: amazon is an ecommerce company and has nothing to do with space

Wasn't what I meant but they'll end up selling prime membership to aliens if they existed.

Btw Amazon = Bezos.

Although he doesn't have a controlling share but it's the same ambitions fueling both companies.

don't call me nayaa, asshole :ileycry:

real estate doesn't sound so promising.

You can gain immensely from buying a house and renting it out to tenants.

Work on the side, invest in a new house from the money you gain from the tenants. The money will double after a few years, and you will spend less time saving up money to buy a new house if you have three. The gain will be exponential.

Everything is possible with patience, and not spending money on liabilities.

@The alchemist

Bezos owns (jointly with his soon to be divorced wife) only 16% or roughly 79 million shares of Amazon, it seems like with 16% he is the biggest shareholder and who owns the rest of the shares? I asked you this because he reminds me of Rupert Murdoch who only owns similar percentages in News Corp and every time minor shareholders wanted to unseat him, he always had the support and backing of powerful investors like prince waleed bin talal and few other major institutional investors. Since he’s a significant minor shareholder, it could happen to him what happened to Travis Kalanick of Uber and kicked out running the company.
Most people who start corporations have the problem of being backstabbed and thrown out by shareholders if they don't meet their demands. The same thing happened to Steve Jobs back in the day.

That Saudi prince helped out a man who basically has used all his power and influence to tarnish the reputation of Muslims. HAHA
150112224522-ctn-sot-zakaria-rupert-murdoch-tweet-muslims-00002803-large-169.jpg

There is tremendous future growth for the company, no doubt. But I meant it from the perspective of investing $2000. Better to use that money on new startups imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.