The Adal Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
I read the Arabic version and yes everyone who was mentioned had their ethnic group mentioned and the tribe but Imam Ahmad's ethnic group wasn't even mentioned forget about his tribe.Secondly Saylac at that time and also Harar were very cosmopolitan city,it had Arabs,Somalis,Afars,Turks,Indians and Persians.These Walashma Dynasty could be mixed af we don't know since their origins were never mentioned

Darood propganda claiming Walashma dynasty ruling from Saylac were Hillbilly Ogaden...From the Futuh Al Habasha(Doubt you even read it) we are not even sure if the ruling dynasty was Somali,they could be Ethio semites similiar to Hararis/Harla.This why I hate when Qabilist ppl learn about a little history then they try to twist everything into something that pleases them.No difference between them and AA's who claim to be black hebrews.....

It's only practical for idiots to hijack and distort Somali history.

Yeah because its common for people to post info on the content of Futah Al habash without even reading it, Yeah you make alot of sense bro.
One problem Futah Al Habash is not the only source for Adal.

The Wilinwili/ Walashma are and were members of the Ogaden clan, as their modern descendants make clear and as their genealogy sheds some light upon as well:

The Walashma dynasty was founded by Sultan ʿUmar DunyaHuz "Walashma" (ʿUmar DunyaHuz Aḥmed Mahammad Ḥamid Yūsuf Barkanti Saʿad Muddan Muqābul Ogādēn Absame Kūmade Kablalaḥ Dārōd Ismaʿīl Jaberti).

The emboldened "Ogaden" would make them members of the Ogaden subclan of the Darod

In most sources, the dynasty is always referred to as Walashma. However, the descendants of the Walashma dynasty today prefer the term Wilinwiili Dynasty, after the nickname of ʿUmar DunyaHuz. Somali historians, on the other hand, favor Ogaden Sultanate.

The dynasty claims descent from Aqeel Ibn Abi Talib through Ismai'l Ibn Al-Jaberti; this is essentially the genealogy of the entire Somali Darod clan.
http://www.gutenberg.us/articles/walasma_dynasty#cite_note-Elfasi-4

Now do us all a favor take your qabiliste cuqdaad filled comments elsewhere.

Last edited:

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
It's only practical for idiots to hijack and distort Somali history.

Yeah because its common for people to post info on the content of Futah Al habash without even reading it, Yeah you make alot of sense bro.
One problem Futah Al Habash is not the only source for Adal.

The Wilinwili/ Walashma are and were members of the Ogaden clan, as their modern descendants make clear and as their genealogy sheds some light upon as well:

The Walashma dynasty was founded by Sultan ʿUmar DunyaHuz "Walashma" (ʿUmar DunyaHuz Aḥmed Mahammad Ḥamid Yūsuf Barkanti Saʿad Muddan Muqābul Ogādēn Absame Kūmade Kablalaḥ Dārōd Ismaʿīl Jaberti).

The emboldened "Ogaden" would make them members of the Ogaden subclan of the Darod

In most sources, the dynasty is always referred to as Walashma. However, the descendants of the Walashma dynasty today prefer the term Wilinwiili Dynasty, after the nickname of ʿUmar DunyaHuz. Somali historians, on the other hand, favor Ogaden Sultanate.

The dynasty claims descent from Aqeel Ibn Abi Talib through Ismai'l Ibn Al-Jaberti; this is essentially the genealogy of the entire Somali Darod clan.
http://www.gutenberg.us/articles/walasma_dynasty#cite_note-Elfasi-4

Now do us all a favor take your qabiliste cuqdaad filled comments elsewhere.
Forget about Walashma Dynasty fam.Your whole clan didn't even participate in the Imam's wars.It was Harti,Habar Magadle Isaaq,Marehan and Garre.You are the only one with an Agenda bud. I couldn't care less if Walashma were even Midgaan

Forget about Walashma Dynasty fam.Your whole clan didn't even participate in the Imam's wars.It was Harti,Habar Magadle Isaaq,Marehan and Garre.You are the only one with an Agenda bud. I couldn't care less if Walashma were even Midgaan
Yeah sure let us forget about them, when you were the one that brought them up trying to accuse me of qabil revisionism.
:comeon:

I am not even Ogaden, so what agenda do i have exactly? I am just posting accurate historical description on a past empire on Somali soil, so to me its insignificant what clan they were as long as they were somali.

Ogaden ruling from Saylac is historical? Wallah your smoking something strong

Why Is that Even Odd? migrations happens. You cannot judge what clan inhabited which area from our contemporary times.

For examples

The Futuh al-Habash mentions and explicitly notes Harti were at the time centered in Mait in Sanaag and were a key part of Adal's infantry:

"On the left was the Somali tribe of Harti, from the people of Mait; a people not given to yielding. There were three-hundred of them, famous among the infantry as stolid swordsmen."

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
I'm not sure how accurate that info is since Sheikh Ishaaq is buried there...secondly you don't have no proof from the futuh that walashma were even Somali add that with Ogaden not even being mentioned because obviously they were either somewhere else or were new comers to the region(Maybe from Puntland).You can trick these gullible people but you won't trick me bud.You have no proof of what you are saying

I'm not sure how accurate that info is since Sheikh Ishaaq is buried there...

I know, but im just going by what the history books Say, In his medieval Futuh Al-Habash("Conquest of Abyssinia") documenting the Abyssinian–Adal war, the chronicler Shihab ad-Din notes that the Harti Darod were at the time the predominant authority in Maydh.[4] He thus consistently refers to them as the "People of Mait".[5]

secondly you don't have no proof from the futuh that walashma were even Somali add that with Ogaden not even being mentioned because obviously they were either somewhere else or were new comers to the region(Maybe from Puntland).You can trick these gullible people but you won't trick me bud.You have no proof of what you are saying

Trick what? Thats what the sources Say and Like i said before futah al habasha is not the only source.

http://central.gutenberg.org/article/WHEBN0002794291/Walashma dynasty

You need to quit being emotional and accept it. The walashma dynasty was darood ogaden. This is proven by.theif founders name and the genealogy the dynasty claims.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
The only reference for info on that website is some world encyclopedia.So nah I'm good with what the futuh said and what every major scholar on the field are saying which walashma dynasty were south ethio Semites so take your Darood nonsense somewhere else.You Darood originate from the deserts of puntland not the fertile lands which Isaaq Gudabursi now have.Know your place hillbilly Ogaden

The only reference for info on that website is some world encyclopedia. [Q

Except for the "The best book on the Walashma dynasty is a book written by the scholar al-Maqrizi in 1436 called 'Ilmam bi-ahbar man bi-ard al-Habasa min muluk al-Islam' (The book of the true knowledge of the History of the Muslim Kings in Ethiopia), which includes a section on the geography of the Islamic kingdoms of al-Habasha, a section on the Zeila region (the heartland of the Walashma kingdom), and a third section detailing the history of the Walashma dynasty.

And the

A century prior to al-Maqrizi, Ibn Khaldun mentioned the Walashma dynasty and the Islamic lands of al-Habasha in his "History of the World", usually called the Muqaddimah.

Make it painfully clear and was the sources used.

So nah I'm good with what the futuh said and what every major scholar on the field are saying which walashma dynasty were south ethio Semites so take your Darood nonsense somewhere else.You Darood originate from the deserts of puntland not the fertile lands which Isaaq Gudabursi now have.Know your place hillbilly Ogaden

:mindblown: So i get it know because you found out they are not part of your isaaq clan or dir they are suddenly ethio semites who conveniently ruled a muslim somali majority sultunate with somali darod lineage and somali nicknames with somali armies?

What kind of hard core khat junkie are you? Not a single major scholar says that. Dafuq!

Remember, all major Somali clans spread from a northern locus in the Sanaag region. This is why most of the clan patriarchs are buried in or near this area. There are also historical documents that make this clear (see above with the Harti in the Futuh).

you cannot claim and disclaim historical content of futah al habash as you please when goes or not goes along with your qabiliste agenda.

Northern Dir and isaaq land are by far the most unfertile lands on somali Soil currently suffering from severe drought.

What kind of qabiliste cuqdaad filled troll do you have to be to spew so much nonsense.

Why not... lets all believe in the hersay qabilist stories told to me by my cuqdaad filled isaaq elders!:O27GWRK:

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
The subjects were not Somali as Somalis do not inhabit cities but were camel herdsman you fucking idiot.Secondly I only accept info from futuh since it's a first hand account.Go take your other bs "references" somewhere else.The fact that you didn't know Gabiley/Awdal is very fertile just proves to me your lack of knowledge of the area where Adal sprung out from.Now get back to your desert you hillbilly Ogaden.Isaaq and Gudabursi never ruled Adal since it wasn't even ruled by Somalis you Buffon

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
This geeljiire guy sounds worse then those black Hebrew niggas.Stop claiming shit that doesn't belong to you.You OG have never been shit in your entire history,yet your telling me Some hillbilly Darood was ruling from Saylac.Afar have more right to Adal then an Ogaden

I'm starting to hate all these stupid trolls that sign up just to bug me nowadays. This dude just recently signed up with my former usernick "Waranle" today and has a huge chip on his shoulders.
:francis:

I am not even Ogaden, yet this dude is spewing so much hatefilled bitter shit towards that clan.:zhqjlmx:

Last edited:

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
@GeelJiire is talking about a dream he had while smoking weed laced with some next level shit.Claiming Ogaden ruling the Muslim Horn from Saylac without any historical proof from the only authentic and first hand source on this topic which is the Futuh Al Habasha

@GeelJiire is talking about a dream he had while smoking weed laced with some next level shit.Claiming Ogaden ruling the Muslim Horn from Saylac without any historical proof from the only authentic and first hand source on this topic which is the Futuh Al Habasha

First hand source my ass. You dont even accept the content of futah al habash, you came in with your isaaq hatefilled protest when the futah notes how Harti rulled and inhabited Mait Sanaah and were referred to as "People of Mait"

How convenient you ignore this but pretend to value scholarly work.

This not about the conquest of abyssinia . This is about the foundation and the origins of the Walashma dynasty, i have given you 3 leading sources on the subject which all explicitly notes that dynasty claims darood genealogy and the founders having the name ogaden. This a fact accepted there is nothing denying this.

You haven't brought me a single thing that refutes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.