The A Group Culture and Cushites

I want this thread to serve one purpose: discussing the connections between the earliest Neolithic Nubian material culture and Cushites. Of course you can delve into connections between later states too if it's relevant, but please no ramblings on inconsequential differences in some obscure haplogroup's origins. Let's keep to the topic, please!

The only evidence I'm happy presenting would be the AGR-Nderit pottery connection. Gash Group pottery is also very similar if these images are anything to go by.

1712600618155.png

Nderit pot (ePN)

1712600656978.png

Gash Group related pottery shards. Clear similarities between the two. I have another group in mind with VERY clear similarities but that's for another time...

Does this pottery style survive in any modern Cushitic groups? It does not in us, that's for damn sure.

There's also the TMRCA for E-V32 that coincides with AGR collapse, but that's awfully speculative. Unless there's something I'm glossing over ofc, maybe something about cattle or language idk.

It's your turn now. All evidence for and against Cushitic origins of the AGR compiled into this thread.
@daljirkadahsoon @Step a side @The alchemist @Shimbiris and anyone who can give input, go crazy.

Trending