The 10,000 Somalis Rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rageethi,

Let's say you have 10,000 Somalis registered (Regardless of Qabil) into a national fund for Somalia that requires a minimum $100,000 to buy in.

This whole fund would become $10Billion, (Yes Billion).

This mega Ayuuto fund would develop 3 Public companies:
•Agriculture
•Construction
•Utilities

How about corruption?

The funds #1 Audit control to curbing curroption would be by death sentence--If a chair goes missing someone will pay with their life.
:axvmm9o:

Introducing the worlds most unique and transparent public audit controls that investors can follow daily through a website. This includes everything from credentials to every dollar that is being spent.

I really believe that 1% of the global Somali population across all tribal lines can change the course of Somalia with Mega Higbad fund.

You don't need Arabs and Chinese to build you anything. You just need to utilize an ancient money fund system of trust in a modern way that returns ROI religiously to 100% somali stakeholders.

I have been saying that for ages, sxb.

Curropt officials only steal from foreign aid because the money comes from thin air.

This is why the block chain software bitcoin developed will be game changer in the Audit industry. The same software can be used to record everything from procurement to fulfilment.

If you placed a small kiosk office in every Tuulo and trained staff that can teach the Locals in laymen terms what this mega fund is doing and display realtime reporting on every single milestone, I think it would be a game changer for accountability and a culture shifter.

UAE dangled 300million for a "Proposed Port". A Somali shacaab owned fund would dwarf thier investment and revenues back to shareholders.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
Rageethi,

Let's say you have 10,000 Somalis registered (Regardless of Qabil) into a national fund for Somalia that requires a minimum $100,000 to buy in.

This whole fund would become $10Billion, (Yes Billion).

This mega Ayuuto fund would develop 3 Public companies:
•Agriculture
•Construction
•Utilities

How about corruption?

The funds #1 Audit control to curbing curroption would be by death sentence--If a chair goes missing someone will pay with their life.
:axvmm9o:

Introducing the worlds most unique and transparent public audit controls that investors can follow daily through a website. This includes everything from credentials to every dollar that is being spent.

I really believe that 1% of the global Somali population across all tribal lines can change the course of Somalia with Mega Higbad fund.

You don't need Arabs and Chinese to build you anything. You just need to utilize an ancient money fund system of trust in a modern way that returns ROI religiously to 100% somali stakeholders.

Mashallah good plan laakin i'm just unsure how feasible it is given the current predicament that dalkeena finds it's self in. Your anti-corruption measure would only work in an already existing legal framework that people trust and most importantly works. Creating such a framework is a burden in and of itself forget establishing the fund. There's actually a similar fund in place already called fursad fund, it's still in the beginning stage

https://fursadfund.org

Last edited:

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Somalia's per capita income per year is $600. How would one muster $100,000 above and beyond daily expenses?

On a side note: This is the only site I see Somalis use 'th' in Somali words. 'Rageethi', 'Cathi', 'Mathow'. Does Somali have words that end or begin with 'th', :mindblown:.

Most Somalis will ask: why should I give $100,000 of my own money to a country that hasn't done shit except embarrass me?

I can invest that money on my own and eat all the profits, Somalia can get fucked.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Somalia's per capita income per year is $600. How would one muster $100,000 above and beyond daily expenses?

On a side note: This is the only site I see Somalis use 'th' in Somali words. 'Rageethi', 'Cathi', 'Mathow'. Does Somali have words that end or begin with 'th', :mindblown:.
It doesn't have to be people that live in Somalia but merely Somalis. I'm pretty sure there are 10,000 Somalis who can take part in these. Come on saxiib we aren't that poor.

Mashallah good plan laakin i'm just unsure how feasible it is given the current predicament that we dalkeena finds it's self in. Your anti-corruption measure would only work in an already existing legal framework that people trust and most importantly works. Creating such a framework is a burden in and of itself forget establishing the fund. There's actually a similar fund in place already called fursad fund, it's still in the beginning stage

https://fursadfund.org

Fursad is a .org not an INC. It's a non profit org. Investors can't invest in something called "Non-Profit".

The legal system you mentioned will be within the companies domain. If there $10billion in a Somali fund, there is no need waste money building legal systems outside of the companies framework.

The companies would behave in the interests of Somali investors first.

A fund like this would almost needs its own public business news show that documents everything it does and at the same times creates valueable content to teach people to invest in thier country.

Also, if Ten Thousand Somalis could muster the level of self-disicpline and organization you are suggesting here, the country wouldn't be the hot mess it is today.

Your plan requires:

-A large number of self-less people willing to sacrifice significantly for the greater good
-A technocratic body that can handle finances and invest money in a wise manner
-A functioning judicial system that can prevent corruption and dish out punishments to offenders

Somalia, and Somalis, don't have any of that!

It doesn't have to be people that live in Somalia but merely Somalis. I'm pretty sure there are 10,000 Somalis who can take part in these. Come on saxiib we aren't that poor.

In the last 5 years Somalis Hoyos have spent 50-100k in buying a home in Somalia.

Imagine to hold people to stop buying a house and invest in these equity funds that are RIBA free.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Come to think of it, Somalis remit a billion dollars back to Somali lands. What if 1% of that was allocated to regional developments? Not a bad idea. Mea culpa. I take what I said back. But man, it would take discipline. Legal and audit frameworks would be easy to set up. However, trust is lacking among clans and regions due to decades-old (even centuries-old) animus.

Also, if Ten Thousand Somalis could muster the level of self-disicpline and organization you are suggesting here, the country wouldn't be the hot mess it is today.

Your plan requires:

-A large number of self-less people willing to sacrifice significantly for the greater good
-A technocratic body that can handle finances and invest money in a wise manner
-A functioning judicial system that can prevent corruption and dish out punishments to offenders

Somalia, and Somalis, don't have any of that!

To even get something as monumental as this requires at least $10million on marketing costs. Going from Diaspora city to city and build awareness around it.

To answer your questions:

A) Marketing
B) Hire based on merit. Even if they aren't Wall Street trained; a fund like this would give them incredible exposure they wouldn't get anywhere else.
C)Leave the courts out of it by intervening and consolidating everything internally with in the company. The company cannot wait for institutions to be build and efficient. The companies departments can implement policy the government has to uphold.

This is why the government is having a hard time collecting taxes from the private sector. The people don't trust the institutions because they are weak. A strong fund would be its own institution.

Come to think of it, Somalis remit a billion dollars back to Somali lands. What if 1% of that was allocated to regional developments? Not a bad idea. Mea culpa. I take what I said back. But man, it would take discipline. Legal and audit frameworks would be easy to set up. However, trust is lacking among clans and regions due to decades-old (even centuries-old) animus.

The whole ethical model of the fund is to be Clanless and Qabiless.

To even get something as monumental as this requires at least $10million on marketing costs. Going from Diaspora city to city and build awareness around it.

To answer your questions:

A) Marketing
B) Hire based on merit. Even if they aren't Wall Street trained; a fund like this would give them incredible exposure they wouldn't get anywhere else.
C)Leave the courts out of it by intervening and consolidating everything internally with in the company. The company cannot wait for institutions to be build and efficient. The companies departments can implement policy the government has to uphold.

This is why the government is having a hard time collecting taxes from the private sector. The people don't trust the institutions because they are weak. A strong fund would be its own institution.

"Marketing"
"Hire based on merit"
"Leave out the courts"

You're starting to sound like a snake oil salesman.

Interesting concept though, but it needs a lot of work. And even with that work, after having studied the Somali psyche, I can tell you this plan is dead on arrival.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
Fursad is a .org not an INC. It's a non profit org. Investors can't invest in something called "Non-Profit".

The legal system you mentioned will be within the companies domain. If there $10billion in a Somali fund, there is no need waste money building legal systems outside of the companies framework.

The companies would behave in the interests of Somali investors first.

A fund like this would almost needs its own public business news show that documents everything it does and at the same times creates valueable content to teach people to invest in thier country.

Isn't it supposed to operate in the country ? who is going to carry out the judgements, sentences etc ? there has to be an independent body ie the government. This was what i was referring to walaal, if the government is corrupt and there's no way of curbing their corruption what are the chances that they will fall in line with the anti-corruption stance of the fund?

It takes more than good intentions to effectively administer such a fund and ensure that it's interests are met. Without a doubt issues will arise both internally and externally that's why there has to be measures in place to handle them accordingly. The idea looks good on paper but when it comes to implementing it practically this is where the challenge lies.

"Marketing"
"Hire based on merit"
"Leave out the courts"

You're starting to sound like a snake oil salesman.

Interesting concept though, but it needs a lot of work. And even with that work, after having studied the Somali psyche, I can tell you this plan is dead on arrival.

Im just shooting out bullet points that look great during a performance meeting. A fund like this would be monumental because people are buying into something doesn't exist and see no urgency.

The question you need to ask yourself is that; if Somalia was fully developed with strong institutions, would there be a stock market or equities sold to investors?

Isn't it supposed to operate in the country ? who is going to carry out the judgements, sentences etc ? there has to be an independent body ie the government. This was what i was referring to walaal, if the government is corrupt and there's no way of curbing their corruption what are the chances that they will fall in line with the anti-corruption stance of the fund?

It takes more than good intentions to effectively administer such a fund and ensure that it's interests are met. Without a doubt issues will arise both internally and externally that's why there has to be measures in place to handle them accordingly. The idea looks good on paper but when it comes to implementing it practically this is where the challenge lies.

A Somali fund that is independant of the government--Cannot and must not wait for red tape.

These 10,000 investors regardless of Qabil are the owners of Somalia at this point. If you have 20 competant Somali executives walking into Xamaar with $10billion of Somali funded wealth; it's lights out on Xoolonimo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending