THAT’s IT! I’m thoroughly done with Somali restaurant in my city. There’s no consistency. One day they serve you macaan food, the next day it’s qashin

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Here's why Somali chefs they dont measure they go by "qiyaas" the bad thing with this is the food will never be consistent

Somali restaurant they should have recipes, procedure and preparation EVERYTHING should be measured, every meat, vegetable,sauce it all should be measured and weighed

And this is smart because IF the chef ain't around or hes busy the staff can pick up from where he left off no questions

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Here's why Somali chefs they dont measure they go by "qiyaas" the bad thing with this is the food will never be consistent

Somali restaurant they should have recipes, procedure and preparation EVERYTHING should be measured, every meat, vegetable,sauce it all should be measured and weighed

And this is smart because IF the chef ain't around or hes busy the staff can pick up from where he left off no questions

BINGO!

We have found the culprit

True but you know Somali people don't do stuff like that, especially hooyos with their home cooking. White people will have a family recipe while we only know what's been taught/shown to us

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
Somali restaurants don't have Somali chefs. There are Mexicans working in the kitchen. You'll never know what you get, it's a hit or miss.

I've learned that you can only get good food on certain days with certain chefs lol..

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Somali restaurants don't have Somali chefs. There are Mexicans working in the kitchen. You'll never know what you get, it's a hit or miss.

I've learned that you can only get good food on certain days with certain chefs lol..

How am I suppose to figure out when that person is in the kitchen ?
By the time I figure out ive already paid $20.
Somali restaurants are getting hella expensive.

Mexican cooking Somali food :faysalwtf:

one day my jabati is burned, next its raw, then its good on odd occasions,

cooked by the same person, same with bariis, hilib, never any consistency, yet same person makes it in these restaurants i eat in some times food has no tatse, then one day too much salt, too much lemon etc

they need to measure how much ingredients go in, i think they just throw in whatever they feel like

I went to these 2 Somali restaurants in my town, asked each one of them togive me less rice and more vegetable. One of them stated they don't have vegetable. The other refused to give me more than the little portion he adds to the plate.

I have now stopped going to them; instead, I go to this Syrian guy's restaurant who gives me a good grooper fish dish with vegetables or chicken kabob. If a business doesn't live up to my expectations, I start taking my business elsewhere.

1653443685770.png

I tell the Syrian guy to give me less rice in that plate and replace it with more vegetables, and he happily obliges it. He charges roughly $3 more than what I would've paid, and I am fine with it.

@Basra

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts