TERRIBLE:LAWLESS, institutionless and failed state Somalia’s mobile money transfer just collapsed

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Do you still pay the 6 dollars fee to send the money to their mobile? There’s gotta be a better and more efficient way to send money.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
wow shocking, this never happened while i was there, imagine you had $100 and u couldnt chew khat? what a nightmare, many people are probably going mad tonight

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
wow shocking, this never happened while i was there, imagine you had $100 and u couldnt chew khat? what a nightmare, many people are probably going mad tonight

You know whatm most concerned about. Imagine some idiots stashed away their savings. Say something like $80k. What if this mobile money company says “we’ve been hacked and all our records are erased. We don’t know who we owe what”

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
You know whatm most concerned about. Imagine some idiots stashed away their savings. Say something like $80k. What if this mobile money company says “we’ve been hacked and all our records are erased. We don’t know who we owe what”
Hormuud has a bank called Salaam Bank that guarantees your savings, you cannot store $80k on EVC Mobile money lol.

I've been warning about this to every Somali person I've encountered for years. They all looked at me like I was crazy. It's sad, but 7/10 literally are only focused on the present and have trouble imagining future possibilities (sensor vs intuitive divide on MBTI).

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I've been warning about this to every Somali person I've encountered for years. They all looked at me like I was crazy. It's sad, but 7/10 literally are only focused on the present and have trouble imagining future possibilities (sensor vs intuitive divide on MBTI).

Probably a mediocre Somali nerd hacked them :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

I bet it was easy to crack their “security” code I beg their password was their qabiil:russ::lolbron: “habar gidir Sacad”

Probably a mediocre Somali nerd hacked them :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

I bet it was easy to crack their “security” code I beg their password was their qabiil:russ::lolbron: “habar gidir Sacad”

It will be interesting to see what drama unfolds if all the data about who owns what amount of money is lost.

Due to lack of government, private companies introduced the mobile money transfer. The people fell in love with it and use it to the max.
Today it just collapsed and has trapped people’s money. People now are panicking.

(In a proper country it would’ve been the duty of the state to control such a risky adventures).

https://hiiraan.com/news4/2019/Aug/...somalis_from_their_mobile_money_pipeline.aspx
1. This is why I don't trust digital money
2. No, private transactions are not supposed to be done by a government bureaucracy. The government would be able to track and collect everyone's private information and know what they're buying, where and how they spend their money. No country does this with the exception of China which mostly uses private companies to collect the data for them, those that don't comply don't exist btw

Trending