Teen Girls Are Developing Tics. Doctors Say TikTok Is To Thank.

Tiktok is ruining more kids than accursed tumblr did :snoop:

After months of studying the patients and consulting with one another, experts at top pediatric hospitals in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the U.K. discovered that most of the girls had something in common: TikTok.

According to a spate of recent medical journal articles, doctors say the girls had been watching videos of TikTok influencers who said they had Tourette syndrome, a nervous-system disorder that causes people to make repetitive, involuntary movements or sounds.

No one has tracked these cases nationally, but pediatric movement-disorder centers across the U.S. are reporting an influx of teen girls with similar tics. Donald Gilbert, a neurologist at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center who specializes in pediatric movement disorders and Tourette syndrome, has seen about 10 new teens with tics a month since March 2020. Before the pandemic, his clinic had seen at most one a month.

This is the second questionable article I’ve seen from WSJ. Is it a satire page now :mjlol:
A group of upstate NY girls developed tics.

I wonder how many other things can be attributed to social contagion, alternate pronoun squad being the most obvious :farmajoyaab:

A group of upstate NY girls developed tics.

I wonder how many other things can be attributed to social contagion, alternate pronoun squad being the most obvious :farmajoyaab:
Maybe this is the reason it’s called TikTok in the first place. Chinese psychological warfare

Maybe this is the reason it’s called TikTok in the first place. Chinese psychological warfare
My guy Donnie was right to ban this app

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016