Tears rolled down my eyes while flying over this African country as I was getting back from Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
You raw meat eating midgets!

Listen, just cause I’m trying to correct my children’s ways and wake them up don’t mean that your dam country is elevated from African problems. Remember that your country is made up of competing tribes. Soon y’all will eat each other dammit
We will never have a war. We are patriotic people :cool:

it is easier to be the fastest growing country when you are at the bottom. USA is doesn't grow much because they are already developed so try something else. AnyAfrican country can be the fastest growing in the world.

Our GDP is a pathetic 6.2 Billion. Let me repeat that again. 6.2 BILLION:mindblown:. Hedge funds in the USA toss that around like its play money.

Now tell me how a population of people blessed with abundant farmland, the longest Coast in Africa(Rich in tuna, blue marlin, dolphinfish, and sardines. Massive potential to make income from Seaports, Tourism, Maritime taxes), and not to mention the excess of natrual resources hidden deep underground.

Why can't even properly feed ourselves. Large swaths of land is suitable for agricultural not only to feed ourselves but make large profits exporting to other nations.

Why are we in this state? The answer isn't so simple. (Corrupt leaders, foreigners destabilizatiom, Clan "zero sum game" mindset(Before you promote your gobol:drakekidding: ), all regions are underperforming their enormous potential. We as the next generation Diaspora(Millennials or Gen Z and all the odaayaal from the civil war Era) must not be sucked into the toxic Qabilyaad mindset which has destroyed our nation. Reading your post has reminded of my sad journey past Addis Adiba. I can only imagine the progress those filthy Habesh have made since then:meleshame:.

Our GDP is a pathetic 6.2 Billion. Let me repeat that again. 6.2 BILLION:mindblown:. Hedge funds in the USA toss that around like its play money.

Now tell me how a population of people blessed with abundant farmland, the longest Coast in Africa(Rich in tuna, blue marlin, dolphinfish, and sardines. Massive potential to make income from Seaports, Tourism, Maritime taxes), and not to mention the excess of natrual resources hidden deep underground.

Why can't even properly feed ourselves. Large swaths of land is suitable for agricultural not only to feed ourselves but make large profits exporting to other nations.

Why are we in this state? The answer isn't so simple. (Corrupt leaders, foreigners destabilizatiom, Clan "zero sum game" mindset(Before you promote your gobol:drakekidding: ), all regions are underperforming their enormous potential. We as the next generation Diaspora(Millennials or Gen Z and all the odaayaal from the civil war Era) must not be sucked into the toxic Qabilyaad mindset which has destroyed our nation. Reading your post has reminded of my sad journey past Addis Adiba. I can only imagine the progress those filthy Habesh have made since then:meleshame:.

the gdp is more than that. Since most businesses don't report their income, they don't count it. I believe the gdp is atleast $30 billion which is still really low.

the gdp is more than that. Since most businesses don't report their income, they don't count it. I believe the gdp is atleast $30 billion which is still really low.

I am aware of that. I would say it's around 20-30 billion, somewhere in that ball park.

Maskiin Menance, she’s always in scarcity mode.

What a bakheyl! This is how pessimists think.

Go to Ethiopia and marvel.

While other say, yaaay! Let’s see what 100billion of debt gets you. Maybe we can do it better and cheaper.

The world is making trillions of dollars worth of mistakes for countries like Somalia to learn from. The Arabs spent billion on erecting a penis in the middle of the desert. That’s not hormar.

Last edited:
They had civilization before the Eurotrash taught civilization 101 to s. Sad!

Our history is only two periods:

1) Pre-historic and we cannot claim that.
2) Medieval (Adal, Ajuran i.e which are arguably non Somali).

Whilst the Habesha have:

1)Early man
2)Pre-historic
3)Ancient
4)Classic
5)Medieval

We cannot compete.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Ethiopia is doing well, but Addis Ababa is not reflective of Ethiopia's economy. Almost all Ethiopian industry is located in a 40km radius around Addis. Most of the rest of Ethiopia is, on average, as poor as Somalia. This is masked by the huge population/wealth concentration in Addis. Addis is a primate city, it is basically the nerve center of a largely agrarian country.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Why was I crying?

I was crying because I got the chance to fly over the capital of Ethiopia where I had the opportunity to see the rapid development of their capital city. Luckily the plane had to roam around because I assume another plane was occupying the runway or something so this gave me the birds eye view of Addis Ababa from all corners.

It is a city so massive it’s comparable to several modern cities of the world. The highways the Chinese build is something to marvel at. It is also amazing to see the government led program of building apartment complexes that are all over the place. They are brand new and modernistic looking. I was flying over it at night and from as far as the eye can see the city was lit. The growth of this city is dazzling to say the least.

Keep in mind I was returning from Somalia at that moment. All that I can think of was idiots in here who daily fight each other over qabiil “my qabiil is superior to yours, you laangaab”.

Addis Ababa is 300 hundreds miles away from Hargeisa, fewer more miles away from Garoowe and several more miles away from Mogadishu but the gap between them is like one is in the 1300s. The one in the 1300s also suffers from severe delusional tendencies, it things it is superior to dad mar hore dhaafay. It has this grandeur mentality when in reality they are living like savages.

On the eve on this blessed month I just hope that we, Somalis, take stock of our pathetic state of existence on this world.

Our leaders lack vision and planning for the future 5-7 years ahead instead they got weird priorities

Like recently the Mayor of Hargeisa was talking about how they were building another road that Leads to the airport

Why not build roads and pavements in the neighbourhoods instead? Cause its nonexistent just filled with rocks

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
inshallah somalia will reach this stability one day

Addis-Ababa-Bole.jpeg

happy for my girl too.

had nice ethiopian girl in addis, we were in bus & she chat me in Somali first,actually thought she was Somali.she turn out to be Amharic,,very lovely girl,we still keep contact and the city greatly transformed from earlier yrs.

I was completely surprised when I found out that Somalia doesn't follow the pattern of foreign domination that is characteristic of failed states.

If we simply did this to ourselves then we're beyond pathetic.

Somalia can raise its status by producing better citizens. It can only do this through better education and diet. A better diet requires investment in food production and distribution, that is infrastructure. If you ever look at a map of the wealthiest nations they invariably have the highest density of train tracks. Minimizing transportation costs is the best way for a state to facilitate development, this also has the added benefit of distributing this development and pooling the nation into a shared market.

Somalia has heavy droughts and heavy flooding, this is the primary bottleneck in food production as of now. There are technologies around that were made to deal with this, they're called dams and sewerage pipes. In the long run Ethiopia controls our water, our only option for total sovereignty here is nuclear desalination.

Nuclear desalination is ideal for Somalia for two reasons. First it produces clean water, second it produces a lot of energy. It also has the added benefit of laying the groundwork for a nuclear capable Somalia.

How can Somalia finance its growth? Stop fighting each other and start fighting foreign influence. Today the Turks and Americans are putting bases around and in us, if you don't see where this is going you're deluded. The Turks are not our friends because they throw us scraps. Similarly we can not trust foreigners to own anything at all in Somalia. Take for instance the massive oil reserves found in the north and how they're being sold off. Why do British companies get to own Somalian oil? That's ludicrous. If we can't dig it out ourselves we shouldn't dig it out at all.

While the west will never help you without getting something in return China right now is building infrastructure for everyone with next to no strings attached. Somalia has to work with China to open a national oil company, this has two benefits. The first is China has no qualms about transferring technology to developing nations. The second is the international protection we garner from being a secure source of Chinese oil, China is hungry for oil and will do a lot for anyone who can guarantee it. Working with China also gives us the ability to assimilate their rail technology, Ethiopia knows this and it's an important part of their growth.

Somalia needs the following, in this order of importance:
Basic
1. National Oil
2. National Rail
3. Dams on Shabelle and Juba
4. Sewerage, Roads and Public Amenities
Advanced
5. Nuclear Desalination
0. HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION

The last point is ridiculously important. We need to pioneer a new model of learning that can catch the nation up in a single generation. For this we can look to South Korea since they've already done the same with this conscious intent. We will have to develop something unseen because of where we are starting but out right copying will be a good start.

From there we can focus on creating a beautiful country and optimizing diet and culture. This will come down to urban planning, greening missions, public facilities like sports centres, national support of the arts, music, film, high speed and public internet etc.

It can be done if Somalis learn that a nation is great because of its industrial policy and foreign relations and not because of its IQ, race or religion.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I was completely surprised when I found out that Somalia doesn't follow the pattern of foreign domination that is characteristic of failed states.

If we simply did this to ourselves then we're beyond pathetic.

Somalia can raise its status by producing better citizens. It can only do this through better education and diet. A better diet requires investment in food production and distribution, that is infrastructure. If you ever look at a map of the wealthiest nations they invariably have the highest density of train tracks. Minimizing transportation costs is the best way for a state to facilitate development, this also has the added benefit of distributing this development and pooling the nation into a shared market.

Somalia has heavy droughts and heavy flooding, this is the primary bottleneck in food production as of now. There are technologies around that were made to deal with this, they're called dams and sewerage pipes. In the long run Ethiopia controls our water, our only option for total sovereignty here is nuclear desalination.

Nuclear desalination is ideal for Somalia for two reasons. First it produces clean water, second it produces a lot of energy. It also has the added benefit of laying the groundwork for a nuclear capable Somalia.

How can Somalia finance its growth? Stop fighting each other and start fighting foreign influence. Today the Turks and Americans are putting bases around and in us, if you don't see where this is going you're deluded. The Turks are not our friends because they throw us scraps. Similarly we can not trust foreigners to own anything at all in Somalia. Take for instance the massive oil reserves found in the north and how they're being sold off. Why do British companies get to own Somalian oil? That's ludicrous. If we can't dig it out ourselves we shouldn't dig it out at all.

While the west will never help you without getting something in return China right now is building infrastructure for everyone with next to no strings attached. Somalia has to work with China to open a national oil company, this has two benefits. The first is China has no qualms about transferring technology to developing nations. The second is the international protection we garner from being a secure source of Chinese oil, China is hungry for oil and will do a lot for anyone who can guarantee it. Working with China also gives us the ability to assimilate their rail technology, Ethiopia knows this and it's an important part of their growth.

Somalia needs the following, in this order of importance:
Basic
1. National Oil
2. National Rail
3. Dams on Shabelle and Juba
4. Sewerage, Roads and Public Amenities
Advanced
5. Nuclear Desalination
0. HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION

The last point is ridiculously important. We need to pioneer a new model of learning that can catch the nation up in a single generation. For this we can look to South Korea since they've already done the same with this conscious intent. We will have to develop something unseen because of where we are starting but out right copying will be a good start.

From there we can focus on creating a beautiful country and optimizing diet and culture. This will come down to urban planning, greening missions, public facilities like sports centres, national support of the arts, music, film, high speed and public internet etc.

It can be done if Somalis learn that a nation is great because of its industrial policy and foreign relations and not because of its IQ, race or religion.

You gotta be delusional to think that we would be tamed enough to accomplish 5% of what you laid out. The Somali nation today is one of self-destruction and very selfish.

You gotta be delusional to think that we would be tamed enough to accomplish 5% of what you laid out. The Somali nation today is one of self-destruction and very selfish.
The world we live in is crazy and literally anything can happen. All Somalis need is discipline and education.

Shoot for the moon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending