TCHC: why have Somali Canadians stayed this long in community housing?

Many other immigrants are working almost everyday to pay off their mortgages while majority of Somali Canadians chill in public housing.

why can’t Somali Canadians get mortgages like the average immigrant in Canada?

Most of the Somali Canadians have been here the last 30 years or more. A tiny percentage have bought homes with the majority still in public housing.

Is public housing the reason why they refuse to work and get a mortgage like everyone else?

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Many other immigrants are working almost everyday to pay off their mortgages while majority of Somali Canadians chill in public housing.

Most of the Somali Canadians have been here the last 30 years or more. A tiny percentage have bought homes with the majority still in public housing.

Is public housing the reason why they refuse to work and get a mortgage like everyone else?
Because mortgages are haram and a debt trap so most choose not to. Two of my uncles did end up getting mortgages regardless tho

Idk where your getting that info from fam cause most Somali Canadians are either working or in university. :childplease:

Mortgage is haram and most Canadian Somalis live in Toronto where the houses are expensive as hell

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
Every single Somali I know works 1-3 jobs, as for Mortgage it is a major sin in Islam so why should we engage in that. But I still know some Somalis who unfortunately taken up ribba homes. Most I know live in apartments including my family. You are spewing hearsay instead of actual facts.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
why do you speak so matter of factly. I just know your parents and siblings are bums with the way you're talking.

Most somalis here are working, even if they received no education they apply to agencies and start doing labour. Stop lying, just cause your family's full of broke government munchers doesn't mean everyone is.

why do you speak so matter of factly. I just know your parents and siblings are bums with the way you're talking.

Most somalis here are working, even if they received no education they apply to agencies and start doing labour. Stop lying, just cause your family's full of broke government munchers doesn't mean everyone is.
I write about non fiction sxb. What I see is what I mostly write on this forum.

Most Somalis are not in public housing but private rentals. I don't know where you got that info from.

Depending on the city, I would actually say maybe 1/3 of Somalis are now homeowners.

Mortgage rates are quite low right now.

Most Somalis are not in public housing but private rentals. I don't know where you got that info from.

Depending on the city, I would actually say maybe 1/3 of Somalis are now homeowners.

it doesn’t depend on the city though. They specifically said TCHC, which is just Toronto and it’s not a lie. While many people have opted to buy homes there are majority staying in government housing. If Toronto is too expensive why don’t they move? They don’t want to leave because of their social ties

Is scamming the government halal?

Is claiming your kids are bastards halal?

There is a difference of opinion. You can't fault the people for seeking the safest position.

The problem is more than just high housing costs and housing price appreciation greater than the historical norm. We have historically low interest rates and politicized central banks. That is the fundamental problem we are facing today. Inflation is not a scientific metric like say the measurement of the gravitational field. As a central bank, you can declare the inflation rate to be whatever you measured and no one around the world will question you. You cannot do the same with measurements of the gravitational field in your country.

That allows for subjectivity, politicization, and government subversion. It is more profitable now to invest in houses than it is to be a competent investor/businessman/woman.

Edit: Governments are in debt, heavily so. And have created very little economic stimulus from doing so. The central banks are left with taking the tab, which is why their balance sheets have ballooned to ridiculous levels.

Last edited:
What do you mean by this, abaayo?

Would love to genuinely hear your clarification.
There is a difference of opinion. You can't fault the people for seeking the safest position.

The problem is more than just high housing costs and housing price appreciation greater than the historical norm. We have historically low interest rates and politicized central banks. That is the fundamental problem we are facing today. Inflation is not a scientific metric like say the measurement of the gravitational field. As a central bank, you can declare the inflation rate to be whatever you measured and no one around the world will question you. You cannot do the same with measurements of the gravitational field in your country.

That allows for subjectivity, politicization, and government subversion. It is more profitable now to invest in houses than it is to be a competent investor/businessman/woman.

Edit: Governments are in debt, heavily so. And have created very little economic stimulus from doing so. The central banks are left with taking the tab, which is why their balance sheets have ballooned to ridiculous levels.
You really do live up to your name.

I’m referring to how Somalis are quick to say buying a house is haram (using religion) while simultaneously engaging in other haram acts (lying, cheating, raping women and girls back home yet there’s no justice for them). Many lie to gain housing and feed their kids ceyr money that they aren’t entitled to, yet no one bats an eye.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Western4Life what city would you say is best for Somali Canadians? I heard Vancouver is a beautiful place.