Tarek Fatah says his good friend Ahmed Hussen is "his kind of Muslim"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.torontosun.com/2017/01/17/ahmed-hussen-my-kind-of-muslim

On Jan. 10, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made a decision that made ripples throughout the world.

From Singapore to India, to the BBC and beyond, the only news from Canada that made headlines was about Ahmed Hussen, a Somali-born refugee who arrived on our shores in 1993 and rose to become our Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

For spotting talent and lifting a backbencher into the Privy Council, I tip my hat to Trudeau.

For hundreds of thousands of African-Canadian boys and girls, Ahmed Hussen’s story is a beacon of hope.

(Readers should know Hussen is a close friend, though we disagree on much.)

He first came to my attention at the height of Ontario’s historic (and successful) fight rejecting the use of Sharia law in family law arbitration matters in 2004-2005.

On one side was the mosque establishment and many Islamic clerics who had set up quasi courts and appointed “Qazis” to invoke Islamic Sharia in settling family disputes.

Opposing them was a much smaller group of secular and liberal Muslims – including yours truly – for whom this was a do-or-die moment.

We knew how the UK had let this happen many years before, only to discover, too late, the Muslim community of Britain being held hostage by Islamic clerics.

At the time, Hussen was a Liberal staffer with ties to then Ontario cabinet minister George Smitherman.

Along with another Muslim staffer, Hussen helped us connect with Smitherman, where we made our case to ban Sharia courts in Ontario.

While Hussen supported our goals, he never crossed the line to help us more than what was appropriate, transparent and above board.

That same year, the Toronto Star listed Hussen as a “Person to Watch”.

People were already noticing the lanky lad from Regent Park, but I am not sure Hussen knew that at the time.

When asked by the Star if he had political ambitions, the future immigration minister said, “I don’t think I could handle the life of a politician . . . I don’t want to be front and centre.”

A community organizer in Regent Park, when the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) tried to pigeonhole Canadian-born kids of Somali ancestry as “Somali kids” in 2014, Hussen led the fight against this paternalistic orientalism, denouncing attempts by the board to segregate in the name of integration.

He told the TDSB: “Do you need to stigmatize and marginalize people to help them? ... In the name of ‘help’ you can actually do a lot of damage if you don’t do it the right way.”

Canadians concerned about the global and Canadian rise of Islamism and jihad should be reassured they have an ally in Hussen.

Here is what he told the U.S. Committee on Homeland Security hearings in Washington in July 2007, in criticizing the idea of treating terrorism only as a criminal offence:

“The strategy of Canadian officials as they confront this phenomenon in my community has been to view this serious matter only through the prism of law enforcement … There has not been a parallel attempt to counter the toxic, anti-Western narrative that creates a culture of victimhood in the minds of members of our community.”

Hussen is already showing his mettle. On Monday, he told CBC News he was committed to bringing non-Muslim Yazidi refugees, victims of ISIS, to Canada, a group that has been largely excluded so far.

I don't necessarily agree with Tarek Fatah. He throws the religion under the bus to further his agenda. There was a British Pakistani girl who missed an exam and lied about being raped as the reason why she missed the exam. Yes what she did was wrong but Fateh some how wrote an article blaming her actions on her Muslim identity and warning people how "certain" Muslims need to be watched. Mind you the young girl wasn't even wearing a hijab and didn't even look like a practicing Muslim.

I don't necessarily think his support for Hussen is genuine...he's only riding the band wagon and trying to stay relevant. He's says the most islamophobic comments just to stay relevant.

I'm not religious at all but I would never criticize the religion like he has because that would perpetuate islamophobia and put our families at risk. He's a fame ..it's repulsive. He doesn't care how many lives he's putting at risk as long as he gets the recognition and fame he desires.

I think Ahmed Hussen is agnostic or atheist. His mentor was a gay man.

@Angela Davis Tarek Fatah is the president of one of the largest (if not largest) Muslim organizations in the country. How can he be Islamophobic? He's very liberal.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
I don't necessarily agree with Tarek Fatah. He throws the religion under the bus to further his agenda. There was a British Pakistani girl who missed an exam and lied about being raped as the reason why she missed the exam. Yes what she did was wrong but Fateh some how wrote an article blaming her actions on her Muslim identity and warning people how "certain" Muslims need to be watched. Mind you the young girl wasn't even wearing a hijab and didn't even look like a practicing Muslim.

I don't necessarily think his support for Hussen is genuine...he's only riding the band wagon and trying to stay relevant. He's says the most islamophobic comments just to stay relevant.

I'm not religious at all but I would never criticize the religion like he has because that would perpetuate islamophobia and put our families at risk. He's a fame ..it's repulsive. He doesn't care how many lives he's putting at risk as long as he gets the recognition and fame he desires.

Tarek Fatah is popular with Rebel Media and other racist news outlets for a reason. Btw if you had only substituted Tarek Fatah with @AbdiJohnson :banderas:

I didn't think conservatives would be so much in love with Ahmed Hussen. :leon:

He actually has a great future in politics. The sky is only the limit. :lawd:

Muslim by name. He's not liberal...his beliefs on Muslims are actually very conservative and he sounds like a nazi. I guess liberal now became a code word for anti-Islam. He gets paid to say islamophobic comments so that people won't say he's being islamophobic. It's like the white people who used to hire black executioners to do their dirty job for them.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
why am I not surprised that Ahmed Hussien and Tarek fatah are friends :bell:
He's just hitching himself to someone successful. "Ah my good friend Ahmed Hussen!" war baax nayaa. They might have been on the same side on certain issues but Hussen is not a total cuck and anti-Muslim bootyclapper like Fateh. From India to Canada this guy has made a name for himself by shitting on Muslims any chance he gets. Yet he still claims to be a Muslim himself. :kodaksmiley:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Canada needs to remain a secular nation. I'm with him in his fight against Salafi extermists and ungrateful Somali refugees. Bring grateful refugees adeero and cut off these criminal Somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts