Tapped Individuals

As I've gotten older, I've come to the realization that not all adults are proper minded, some, a great deal, are absolutely tapped.

It bothers me greatly and scares me. Growing up, children tend to see adults as "all knowing, having their shit together, experienced, smarter". But that's not the case. I'm starting to see some of the elders (mostly non-relatives, my family is great) in my life as what they truly are, unhinged dumb-asses with a plethora of issues. 12 year old me would be shocked to know that having a stable 9-5, a family, etc doesn't not necessary equal to a well-adjusted, normal individual.

Last edited:
Somali adults are not that intelligent even when they’re educated. I’ve been surprised so many times how quickly they devour conspiracy theories and they also harbor lots of ridiculous biases.

I think only those who were raised in the West have the potential for a stable and rational mind, the rest have some issue.

Somali adults are not that intelligent even when they’re educated. I’ve been surprised so many times how quickly they devour conspiracy theories and they also harbor lots of ridiculous biases.

I think only those who were raised in the West have the potential for a stable and rational mind, the rest have some issue.
images.jpeg

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP

Alot of guys i know have mental issues / behaviour problems and this has been exacerbated by their drug use. Alhamdulilah even though im a degenerate who has done alot of drugs im semi functioning

That’s an oversimplified limited viewpoint and such a belittling attitude to have. You are talking like someone who hasn’t been around many Somalis and hangs around only cadaan people often. The things you mentioned as being signs of unintelligence can be seen in other groups especially cadaanka. All our parents and elders who were born and grew up back home have more rational and stable minds than many who were born and raised amongst gaalo.

Alot of guys i know have mental issues / behaviour problems and this has been exacerbated by their drug use. Alhamdulilah even though im a degenerate who has done alot of drugs im semi functioning
That's probably because you weren't doing drugs as a form of escapism. I hate the fact that as a culture (Somalis), we don't make the distinction between people who take a few pills to get wrecky on a nightout with the lads and people who rail to 2gs of charlie in an empty flat because they got diddled by their step-dad.

My personal philosophy's been to do drugs because they're fun, not to self medicate and bury some past traumatic experience.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
That's probably because you weren't doing drugs as a form of escapism. I hate the fact that as a culture (Somalis), we don't make the distinction between people who take a few pills to get wrecky on a nightout with the lads and people who rail to 2gs of charlie in an empty flat because they got diddled by their step-dad.

My personal philosophy's been to do drugs because they're fun, not to self medicate and bury some past traumatic experience.
I think thats why khat is popular in somalia, its a way to cope from reality. People make fun of khat users but it makes sense to me seeing their condition they're living in back home. Only way to make themselves feel good about something

I think thats why khat is popular in somalia, its a way to cope from reality. People make fun of khat users but it makes sense to me seeing their condition they're living in back home. Only way to make themselves feel good about something
That makes sense to some extent because your personal circumstances play a huge role in drug use and addiction. A lot of the US soliders during the Vietnam war did a f*ck-ton of heroin and then just magically stopped after the war was over without needing any sort of drug threatment.

That makes sense to some extent because your personal circumstances play a huge role in drug use and addiction. A lot of the US soliders during the Vietnam war did a f*ck-ton of heroin and then just magically stopped after the war was over without needing any sort of drug threatment.
Not really related, but that reminds me of some online article I read about the use of meth to increase performance during ww2

Not really related, but that reminds me of some online article I read about the use of meth to increase performance during ww2
Yeah, it was called Pervitin. Amphetamines are the last thing you'd want to be taking in an enviornment that requires level-headedness and rational thinking. Not to mention experiencing the brutal meth comedown in the middle of a fucking active war zone :heh: :heh:

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
As I've gotten older, I've come to the realization that not all adults are proper minded, some, a great deal, are absolutely tapped.

It bothers me greatly and scares me. Growing up, children tend to see adults as "all knowing, having their shit together, experienced, smarter". But that's not the case. I'm starting to see some of the elders (mostly non-relatives, my family is great) in my life as what they truly are, unhinged dumb-asses with a plethora of issues. 12 year old me would be shocked to know that having a stable 9-5, a family, etc doesn't not necessary equal to a well-adjusted, normal individual.

I think YOU are "tapped" huuno
1653855989332.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Were u "diddled" huuno? :(

Yeah, it was called Pervitin. Amphetamines are the last thing you'd want to be taking in an enviornment that requires level-headedness and rational thinking. Not to mention experiencing the brutal meth comedown in the middle of a fucking active war zone :heh: :heh:
Big brain tactics

Trending

Latest posts