Tanks being sent by Turkey

no way the arms embargo is letting in tanks. is it just going to be stockpiled in the turkey base in somalia or something?

no way the arms embargo is letting in tanks. is it just going to be stockpiled in the turkey base in somalia or something?
Turkey doesn't care about Sanctions, we get turkish weapons all the time. I doubt we will get tanks, it seems useless in guerilla warfare, drones would be 100% better.

We can buy them but it costs millions of dollars.

Turkey doesn't care about Sanctions, we get turkish weapons all the time. I doubt we will get tanks, it seems useless in guerilla warfare, drones would be 100% better.

We can buy them but it costs millions of dollars.
What is the point of sanction at this stage of our country we had these sanctions since 1992 why is this still necessary

Because we don’t have a all Somali sanctioned government.

the world can’t take sides between Somali clan squabbling and that’s what the world be doing if they send high grade military toto Villa Somalia because at the end of the day it’s a fact that not all Somali clans are represented in the the so called national army.

Because we don’t have a all Somali sanctioned government.

the world can’t take sides between Somali clan squabbling and that’s what the world be doing if they send high grade military toto Villa Somalia because at the end of the day it’s a fact that not all Somali clans are represented in the the so called national army.
Whose not represented in the national army?

FGS is the most diverse army in Somalia and has incorporated militia from Galmudug to Gedo. Our gorgor forces are also hired from all over Somalia and have different accents.

For instance remember when people started rumours stating FGS sent Somali troops to tigray?

Protests happened everywhere including Lascanood and Galkacyo.

What is the point of sanction at this stage of our country we had these sanctions since 1992 why is this still necessary
Political inertia, the level you must be at to lift sanctions is higher then the level you were at before the sanctions.

With the arm embargo, there is always some loopholes to exploit , And Turkey is good at that, working in grey areas .
but, I think what the SNA needs the most is attack / transport helicopters, and some surveillance drones , most of Somalia is flat and open terrain , it makes it much easy to hunt alkabab ,reinforce bases quickly and evacuate the wounded in case of attack.

I think the west and their foot soldiers Amisom are content with the status quo , it seems like they are planning to stay In Somalia indefinitely under the guise of fighting terrorism, if they were serious about defeating alkabab and spent a fraction of what they have wasted on amisom on the Somalia National Army ,
Alshabaab will have been taken care of by now .

https://www.africanaerospace.aero/somalia-battles-for-an-air-force-to-fight-against-terror.html
a bit old news from 2018 , but very interesting read, nonetheless.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Great news it should be used for Operation Buale and Liberating Kismayo from Kenyan enemy. Good job Turkey inshallah the drones shall smash guriga Madoobe.

Doubt that this is any different than the absurd claim that Turkey was going to donate the F-35 to Somalia since a single unit of similar tanks cost between $2 to $5 million and the Turkish military spent $700 Mn modernising their "sabra" model last year making them one of the most sophisticated tanks in the world.
Doubt that they would donate some of their best tanks for free.

Trending