Taliban says they have no problem with Israel, may recognise them

Check again folks, he was misquoted. He never stated Taliban will recognize Israel. He asked the interviewer "what problems do we have with Israel? Next time someone will ask if we'll have relations with Mars?......we're only having dialogue with countries who have problems with us."

Last edited:
the link you posted needs to be fixed.

I have it fixed. The Taliban spokesperson refused to be lured to a question that has nothing to do with Afghanistan. He was basically rejecting the questions that are thrown at them. The Taliban is focused on fixing Afghan problems, and don't want to make statements that can mislead others on them.

Here is the Taliban government's spokesperson clarifying the statement that he made with Al-Jazeera.

Translation: "1/3- Clarification: The night before last I had an interview with Al-Jazeera about Afghanistan's problems with the international community. I said our policy is that anyone who has problems with us, we solve them through dialogue. The announcer jumped to Israel, I said what linked them to the situation in Afghanistan? This is the reality.

2/3- The position of the Islamic Emirate regarding Bayt Al-Maqdis is consistent and clear, and we have expressed it from time to time. Jerusalem is the first Qibla for Muslims and the common and sacred value of the entire Islamic nation, and what Israel is doing in Palestine is a great and clear injustice. And we will not be with the unjust.

3/3- The issue of recognizing Israel or establishing relations with it is not a subject of discussion or discussion at all, and it is not part of the policy of the Islamic Emirate. The policy of the Islamic Emirate towards all matters proceeds in the light of Islamic Sharia and our national interests."

Last edited:

Trending