Tailoring gold in black Mishlah tutorial!

Alslam Alaykum, here’s a simple pro tutorial to “how can i make this — good looking gold in black Mishlah?”

For the neck, and Sleevs there’s many models, you could put a “hand made patterns” or just renting a good tailor to do it him self. Be careful with the neck, you should put a protection layer under the fabric to stay strong, and not to fell to your neck; properly cardboard (it’s used a lot with Khamiss).

93BE318E-03A6-447F-AC8A-1CF1DF1CBC65.jpeg

5681F823-F189-447F-9AAB-76ED8EE68288.jpeg

For the chest you should use 3-4things:
1- Tassels
D44D0CFA-612F-4C34-9819-1A5B27BA967B.jpeg

2- Zardosi
4D65B7A8-8001-47DF-A2BA-94AB7C150A2E.jpeg

3- A hidden zipper or buttons, or even a ring and a little piece sharped wood.

First you make the wheels with the Zardosi, 6 of them. After that you stick the tassels with it. Then you put it in the right place.

And done; here’s what you got:
E3C56B33-3AE5-4FC2-B35B-9B063F364ACF.jpeg

I noticed that there’s many models for the same pattern of this gold in black; some of it are like for soldiers (easy to move with) and others are heavy (for elites). But of course, mostly it’s too random; anyone is dressing whatever he got.

Important notices for tailoring:
• You need a Khamis (A white Thobe) under it. And nah you anti-arap disapora, it is dressed like that mostly.

• Usually in Arabian countries it won’t cost you a lot; but it’s linked in with the quality of your things; the fabric and the tailoring thing.

I don’t know about the west, but for a country like Egypt, around 20$-40$; Medium quality. For Saudi Arabia, High quality perfcet tailoring, around 70$-120$.

And for SOMALIA it self…bruh it, you must order everything online, then looking for a good tailor in Xamarwayne or Baakro. Then it may cost you around 15$-30$ to have it good.

I’m gonna apply this to the Somali style trench coat I wanna make for myself.
I want it to look something closer to this:
IMG_1117.jpeg

It’s sad to see some Somalis choosing from either cadaan or Arab clothings this trend started long time ago.
IMG_1106.jpeg

I’m gonna apply this to the Somali style trench coat I wanna make for myself.
I want it to look something closer to this:
View attachment 310439
It’s sad to see some Somalis choosing from either cadaan or Arab clothings this trend started long time ago.
View attachment 310440
When tf was this supposed golden age are these rare pics of “traditional” Somali clothes from?
“Mislah” is literally an Arabic word that op used.
My Macawis is from south east Asia and my shaati from Thailand.
If the garment doesn’t have an original Somali name- since linguistically, nouns and pronouns are the oldest words in languages- then I’m afraid it’s not apart of our culture, as so you so claim, which is even worst for ur case, since it’s guys are the ones crying about “arabization”.
The shoes being sold in Mogadishu are shipped from Turkey, making Somali “Traditional” clothes a lullaby for the birds.
We haven’t caught up with the Industrial Revolution saaxib, the closest industry we have to have ever gotten nationalized were those bananas from the ka’an era.

Last edited:

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
We never as a people ever wide manufactured our clothes. Ever.
so when tf was this supposed golden age where these rare pics of “traditional Somali clothes” from?
“Mislah” is literally an Arabic name that op used.
My Macawis is from south east Asia and my shaati from Thailand.
shoes being sold in Mogadishu are shipped from Turkey, making Somali “Traditional” clothes a lullaby tale.
We haven’t caught up to the Industrial Revolution to nationalize anything.
It was widespread during the adal times and before its fall and before the oromo expansion and this was the times when all somalis were city dwellers but then after the adal collapse and oromo expansion we have regressed culturally and entered dark ages and everyone abandoned their citys due to it being un sustainable and took to a nomadic life, hence where the 2 cloth cultural clothes came from and only now elites and nobles were the only ones left to have the luxury to wear it. (I read it on this forum but I forgot the thread name) oh and to this day we are still in our dark ages not culturally but politically and other stuff.

Your going to be selling it? bro let me know if you are cause I will buy one.
My uncle has “Khamis tailor shop” in Mogadishu, and he’s a Business man, so guess he won’t decline if it “makes money”.

and I already thought about a good marketing ways for it. But now he’s in Europe so i will wait him.

Aseer

VIP
My uncle has “Khamis tailor shop” in Mogadishu, and he’s a Business man, so guess he won’t decline if it “makes money”.

and I already thought about a good marketing ways for it. But now he’s in Europe so i will wait him.
Alright let me know when I can order one from your uncle, I will pay good money.

Aseer

VIP
No problem. Wish me success bro
Inshallah, I also recommend you make it a website and advertise it on social media platforms to spread the word better and ask fellow somalispotters to help promote it to their communities.

Trending

Latest posts