Syntax, meth, soph, Solid and AbdiJ please help me, I beg of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
I have a huge task at hand..my sister called me from OTT..

Her son is 17 years old and a gifted child...They have literally micromanaged his life ...he is so sheltered and has been educated to the upper most possible way..

At 17 he is applying for Uni..his Dream has been to be a doctor..however, of recently he met other cats at the gym who changed him. They laughed at him and told him "dude no school will except you in this white dominates society. You are an immigrant ( kid born in Scarborough tho) "..

He comes back to his parents and told them I am not gonna be a doctor and that he'll apply to be something else.

Now they've called me to persuade him to stay on course.

They don't know the college system ( his dad went to school 15 years ago).

I called him and told him "dude go to college first and take general classes on your first 2 years and then hopefuly your eyes open up and you decide what you wanna be. In any rate the first 4 years you'll get a bachelor on something other than a doctorate, it is your next post graduate program you can anyways be a doctor"

Guys I need your help..

How did you declare to college in your first 4 years ?

I'm asking you this because I went to school in American system.

What is it like in Canada ?

Sultana

On Hiatus
The Canadian university system is pretty similar to the American university system. For uni, you just apply to the program(s) you're interested in and hopefully you get accepted (each university has a specific way of declaring your major, but that's not something he has to worry about now). The deadline for high school students applying to universities in Ontario is pretty soon though. What does he want to major in?

But yeah, tell him to not disclose of his ambitions to people he's not close to.

menace

VIP
The Canadian university system is pretty similar to the American university system. For uni, you just apply to the program(s) you're interested in and hopefully you get accepted (each university has a specific way of declaring your major, but that's not something he has to worry about now). The deadline for high school students applying to universities in Ontario is pretty soon though. What does he want to major in?

But yeah, tell him to not disclose of his ambitions to people he's not close to.

Kid just sweating about not being to the standard of a doctor just cause some kids killed his ambitions.

I told him "don't worry abt it now Manne..just get into uni and enjoy your first 2 years"

S

Shamis

Don't let him comprise even one bit! He lost some self esteem but his ambition and talent is still there. He should go the whole way. Life's too short to lose two years, especially when you're gifted. He just needs that 'direction' feeling back.

waraabe

Your superior
hmm. No offence but if he is as bright and gifted as you say why doesn't know how to apply to university.

Sounds like a bunch of losers destroyed the kids' hopes. This xasidnimo is typical of Somalida. Most of the kids of immigrants I'd say are attending university, and if you look at all the medical schools the classes are filled with the children of immigrants from ethnic minority groups.

But, there has to be a dose of reality. It's practically impossible getting into medical school in this country. Indo yaar and timo jileec killed it for everyone. You pretty much have to be perfect with the perfect academic record and an incredible backstory with the electives you've done, and even then in most cases it's not enough to get in. The best thing for him is to aim to get into an American school from the get go. He should also study something as a backup that he excels at and will give a good job in the case he doesn't get into medical school. That will guarantee him a high GPA, which is one of the most important things if not the most important when it comes to getting in.

Kid needs to grow some thick skin. There will be no shortage of people, especially Somalis, who would stop at nothing to drag him through the mud and see him fail. As one above poster mentioned, he shouldn't tell people (but mainly Somalis) what his ambitions are. Most people respect ambitious people even if their goals seem a bit unrealistic, but Somalida hate the ambitious and the thought of someone doing better than them infuriates them. They want to see you fail, and that's when you share the same laf as them.

menace

VIP
hmm. No offence but if he is as bright and gifted as you say why doesn't know how to apply to university.

No no ! Ninyahoow the kid is applying on his own but them niggaz took out the air off of his confidence

S

syntax

lol I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not. In Canadian universities in Ontario , especially the elite ones, cadaans are a minority. This is due to the GTA area being really multicultural. Toronto for example is 50% cadaans, the rest minorities. The minorities work harder and as a result they are the majority in the top unis here.

Also Lol becoming a doctor in Ontario is probably one of the hardest places to do it in all of North America. A huge majority of the population of Canada lives here and there's only like 2 or 3 med schools. It's like a 2-3% acceptance rate. Shit is cut throat. Idc you can be the smartest nigga and you'll never make it unless you have unwavering ambition and passion for that Shit. Sounds like your cousin doesn't if he's so easily influenced by random niggas at the gym. He wouldn't have made it tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending