Swedish women get hotline to report mansplaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Interesting. Your title is misleading though. The link itself reveals it's workplace environment related issue.

Mainsplaining is unfortunately prevalent in female-led depts, esp when the woman is a pushover like is too often the case. And the one's that are more assertive or authoritarian are, of course, "ES".

Apollo

VIP
Interesting. Your title is misleading though. The link itself reveals it's workplace environment related issue.

Mainsplaining is unfortunately prevalent in female-led depts, esp when the woman is a pushover like is too often the case. And the one's that are more assertive or authoritarian are, of course, "ES".

The fact that it comes out of Sweden makes it funny. That country is known for political correctness out of control and extreme feminism.

VixR

Veritas
The fact that it comes out of Sweden makes it funny. That country is known for political correctness out of control and extreme feminism.
Their feminism is benign and balanced (seems), it isn't the crazy kind we have here. At least, we're not hearing of countering MRA groups coming out of Sweden, which would be a good indication of their men feeling they're getting the short end of the stick?

It doesn't seem like something that would be abused.

At first, I was freaking out reading it thinking you meant man-spreading:icon lol:

Last edited:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
So it's basically when a man explains something to a woman in a very condescending way?

I've seen many of these or similar ones first hand. A girl says she's an avid football fan. Man turns to her and says "well then explain the offside rule to me, love." So she does. He had to turn to his friend to confirm if what she said is right. It's amusing when people underestimate others.

VixR

Veritas
I am and I know it is but still.. why do I have the odd feeling that there's going to Blacksplaining, Whitesplaining, LGBTsplaining..

:bell:
It happens in regular society as touched upon, but the example @NoName supplied is fairly tame.

It can be incredibly hostile and cutthroat in corporate workplace settings, especially in upper management where women tend to be scarce. My sister works in STEM, and I'd also consider that an honorable mention for some constant staggering, sometimes epic, mansplaining.
I am and I know it is but still.. why do I have the odd feeling that there's going to Blacksplaining, Whitesplaining, LGBTsplaining..

:bell:
:icon lol:
It's a mistake to feel targeted 'cuz the term contains "man"

Last edited:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't feel targeted, I was just messing. I do agree that there can be an issue, however it's by and large an issue of clashing discussion styles if you think about it, not an absence of regard. What's more is that in the event that you need to address the issue at hand, one thing that unquestionably wouldn't help is denouncing male discussion styles with sexist terms like "mansplaining".

It happens in regular society as touched upon, but the example @NoName supplied is fairly tame.

It can be incredibly hostile and cutthroat in corporate workplace settings, especially in upper management where women tend to be scarce. My sister works in STEM, and I'd also consider that an honorable mention for some constant staggering, sometimes epic, mansplaining.
:icon lol:

My sister studies bio engineering at uni. Apparently male students often try to lecture the female professor. :dead:

I have female friends working in the STEM field and they stuff they have to deal with is infuriating. Most male dominating spaces are pretty hostile to women :tacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending