Swahili

Has someone ever just assumed you speak Swahili?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No, never

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Has someone ever just assumed you speak Swahili? Or Somalis speak Swahili?

Lots of fools assume all Somalis speak Arabic, but occasionally the same mistake happens with Swahili.

Apollo

VIP
isn't Swahili some Bantu language? somalis are the only few Africans who still speak their native language.

It has become the lingua franca of (south)East Africa.

Those Kenyan Somalis also perpetuate the error that Somalis speak Swahili.

Jeesto

VIP
Yeah a few times but what surprised me the most was when this Tanzanian guy asked if Somalis speak Swahili:kodaksmiley::westbrookwtf:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
It is has become the lingua franca of (south)East Africa.

Those Kenyan Somalis also perpetuate the error that Somalis speak Swahili.
bunch of xoolos, somalis came to kenya in 1940, and ever since then somalis lost all dhaqan.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
My mom picked up a little Swahili from her time in Kenya. There's this one term she likes to use as joke that means "you talk too much." I don't know how it's spelled, but it's pronounced "mah-mo kah-leh-lo"

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
My mom picked up a little Swahili from her time in Kenya. There's this one term she likes to use as joke that means "you talk too much." I don't know how it's spelled, but it's pronounced "mah-mo kah-leh-lo"
mama kelele

I get that normally from Asians of Kenyan origin or British Ugandan Asians . Those folks economically colonised the Bantus . Good thing the Somalis followed them and made power moves from Tanzania to Zambia . We can make money , too , Mr Singh .

Apollo

VIP
I get that normally from Asians of Kenyan origin or British Ugandan Asians . Those folks economically colonised the Bantus . Good nothing the Somalis followed them and made power moves from Tanzania to Zambia . We can make money , too , Mr Singh .

Most of the multimillionaires and billionaires from Bantu countries are Whites & Asians. It's embarrassing.

Most of the multimillionaires and billionaires from Bantu countries are Whites & Asians. It's embarrassing.
I have met one Asian who once had a business in Muqdisho . He takes a banana with him when eating out . Cultural appropriation :drakelaugh:
#moos lives matter !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending