Survey: How much does farming contribute to Jubaland's agricultural output

What percent of Jubaland's agricultural output is crop farming?

• 5%

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • 20%

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 75%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Laagite Here is a hint.

Hint.png

Abaq

VIP
The thing is, the Jubbas has excellent grazing lands so the incentive to turn to agriculture is less

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
The thing is, the Jubbas has excellent grazing lands so the incentive to turn to agriculture is less
This is why I believe we should drop a couple hundred Southern hawiye in the Jubas. A single baadicade or abgaal subclan can multiply on that farmland and demographically take over in less than 50 years. You can keep the grazing land

You daroods are wasting the farmland lol. Ogaden can be nomads in nfd and ddsi but be farmers in the jubbas. Plus farmer clans multiply faster than nomadic ones

Laagite

الداروودي
You daroods are wasting the farmland lol. Ogaden can be nomads in nfd and ddsi but be farmers in the jubbas. Plus farmer clans multiply faster than nomadic ones
They should import 500 Calmadow farmers to konfur, our way of farming have adapted to make use of the scarce water.
1665334352491.png

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Wabi Jubba's length is about 365km in Gedo region.
View attachment 230754
And for +95% of that length both banks look like this, full of farms. Im supposed to buy the Darod fairy tail of ghosts managing these lush farms.
View attachment 230755
While 90% of the Daarood side of Gedo looks like this.
View attachment 230756
No sign of human activity. But hey hundreds of thousand ppl are in the bushes cause mr paragon of objectivity @Thegoodshepherd said so.
:comeon:
I dont know where the Bari population hide but in Gedo its clear as a day where the bulk of the population live and its alongside the Jubba river.
:manny:

I'm trying to see how many people agree with this quote.

I agree. Darood sides of gedo and lower Jubba are empty. Middle Jubba is pretty much bantu and d&m anyways
Gedo is majority Marexan and it is the most densely populated in Jubaland and middle juba is majority raxanweyn followed by Marexan whp have a very high population

Last edited:
I'm trying to see how many people agree with this quote.
There is nothing to disagree with Jubba banks from Doollo to Goobweyn is packed with farms, a statement I made which is backed by satellite images. All of JL had a population of about 1.4 million ppl in 2014 and I'd say about 900 000 live along the Jubba or East of the river. West side of the river has only few towns and not that many villages. These are facts. The only settlements worth mentioning that are outside of Jubba banks are Garboharey, BeledXawo and Kismayo. Rest like Luuq, Baardheere, Saacow, Bu'aale, Jilib Jamaaame are on the Jubba banks.

Even if your stats can be used to apply on JL, it hardly works as an evidence of population. Since I don't know if significant amount of the nomads living between Tana river and the Kenyan-Somali border use Kismayo port. I've heard even the Garre from Moyale sometimes use Kismayo port. Or what is the Nomad to livestock ratio for the Darod? For example my sub sub sub clan of Waceysle has about 6 times more Camels alone than ppl forget about other livestocks like goats and sheeps.

Anyways substantial portion of the agricultural goods produced from Doollo to Goobweyn head to SWS and Banadir. The artficial JL borders doesn't stop Mirifle clans moving between Baardheere-Diinsoor-Buurhakaba corridor and beyond. I know for a fact that the laandheer Eelay bring huge amounts of livestock and agricultural goods to Banaadir market. I need to ask @Woke1.4rm.Shibis since he knows more than me on how the Biimaal and other Banadir clans living in Middle and Lower Jubba do business.

Sparsely populated, more camels than ppl is what describes Darod lands best.

We can keep this dance. I can't lose since the numbers are just not treating you that well.
Excited Cat GIF

Trending

Latest posts