Votes: 31 45.6%
  • I understand Somali but cannot speak it

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • I do not understand my language at all

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it rotten to the bone. Generalization of a whole culture is wrong. Dhaqan somaliada ilhay qaani bu ka dhigay. There is no culture without language. We are not going to hell ha na habarin. Mukhtar was and currently isnt. How is he any different than Sh Shariif or Ahmed Madoobe who where presidents. They didnt alright. Siyasad iyo dhaqan kala soco.

Supporting a POS clan member even though he mass murdered hundreds of people is part of our culture, and them supporting this terrorist filth for a political position because of clan intertwine's the two, so how can you say with a straight face our culture is not rotten, by the way the other two guys are no good too.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Walaahi hooyada iyo aabaha wey kugu qasareen.
Taacab qasare. Waxa uu dhantay iin ay dhalan caruur cadan waayo adiga iyo caadanka waxba iisma dhanteen. Danyeer madow aan luqadaiisa aqoon baad tahay.
Don’t know what you said. Don’t care
BC1D7DA4-46DC-4320-9D30-662CA141FE41.gif

Supporting a POS clan member even though he mass murdered hundreds of people is part of our culture, and them supporting this terrorist filth for a political position because of clan intertwine's the two, so how can you say with a straight face our culture is not rotten, by the way the other two guys are no good too.
Wll. Culture and politics are two different things. . My tribe has never supported a warlord or militia.
Our culture is beautiful . Politics it is going to take some time to revamp.

Please answer truthfully.
2th. I grew up in norway, i have a stepfather who comes from sudan. That guy only talk arabic and norwegian and my mother spoke arabic to him and somali to me, i grew up confused as hell dabbling with both so i stuck with norwegian. I speak broken somali and arabic, but i understand everything. Now i'm making an effort to learn the language before i marry. I don't want to look dumb in front of my somali children and lead them to hell.

Last edited:
What's the point of learning our culture ? when it's toxic and rotten to the bone, whole country is going to hell in a hand basket.

I'm saying this because I was reading posts yesterday people actually supporting a Alshabaab terrorist for a important political seat a guy named Mukhtar Robow, by the way don't confuse the language for the culture, I'm strictly talking about the culture learning the language should be a given.

I've totally lost any semblance of hope in Somalida and Somalia as a whole.
You hopes should be based on ideals you insipre to make one day come true. When your base hopes for such things on people then you will be disappointed many times .

Last edited:
How are you comparing culture to ignorance and misinformation? Politics is not directly tied to culture sxb. People with no educational background tend to chose bad leaders.

Walaahi hooyada iyo aabaha wey kugu qasareen.
Taacab qasare. Waxa uu dhantay iin ay dhalan caruur cadan waayo adiga iyo caadanka waxba iisma dhanteen. Danyeer madow aan luqadaiisa aqoon baad tahay.
Wa ninki khanisyada shaley difaacayey, what did you expect sxb.
He makes efforts to learn Korean but doesn't want to learn his own mother's af :gucciwhat:.

Last edited:

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
I am able to fully speak the language minus some new slang here and there spoken in certain regions of somalia, but i am not good at writing in the language

This is not unique to Somalis as I’ve met ethnic Italian, Greek, Serbian, Croatian and Albanian young Australians who can’t speak properly their mother languages. My father who speaks 5 languages and my mum who speaks only Somali and survival English made a rule from early on that only Somali was spoken at home and our Somali is good.

@Suldaanka @Jake from State Farm and @Bile Huruse ,guys move on and don’t be dhoocils at war with each other. People have the freedom to learn and speak whatever language they desire. Come on guys, not a permanent anarchy on every thread. Agree to disagree and move on like adults.

I can speak good Somali compared to a lot of the other guys I grew up with, especially to anyone in my extended family since we speak some weird southern dialect but when I talk to elder Somalis they always talk way too fast with no pauses in between words so it's hella hard to keep up sometimes. I've been trying to improve though cause I'm tryna go back to dhulka hooyo soon inshallah and for the past couple of months I've been reading and listening to a lot of Somali news which made me realize how basic my vocabulary was. I noticed how my mom always keeps it simple when she speaks Somali to me so that I could understand it so I had to ask her to stop dumbing it down so I could understand it lol. I'm still glad I was taught the basics tho because it's a lot easier to expand your vocabulary and get better at speaking the language when you already have the grammar and basic vocab down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending