Surah Ta-ha

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful

Guys you are in for a treat. I am going to attempt to analyze Quran, Surah Taha today. I want to attempt to explore a specific theme in this beautiful Surah. Wikipedia has it grouped in several themes.

20:1-8 Introduction

20:9–98 The story of Moses

20:99–113 Judgment day and the disbelievers' punishment

20:114–123 The story of Adam

20:123–127 Judgment day and the disbelievers' punishment

20:128–132 Instructions to the believers

20:133–135 Conclusion

Personally, i want to focus on one single theme: FORGETFUL ADAM [PBUH] OR IBN ADAM

وَلَقَدْ عَهِدْنَآ إِلَىٰٓ ءَادَمَ مِن قَبْلُ فَنَسِىَ وَلَمْ نَجِدْ لَهُۥ عَزْمًۭا
Wa laqad ‘ahidnaaa ilaaa Aadama min qablu fanasiya wa lam najid lahoo ‘azmaa (section 6)
115. And We had already taken a promise from Adam before, but he forgot; and We found not in him determination.​

The ayat above clearly comes directly from Allaah swt about the nature of Adam pbuh. (or ALL MANKIND) It is as if God knows our nature. One significant trait that defines Human is Forgetfulness. Through out the Surah Ta-ha, from the beginning. Allaah swt continuously reminds us of how forgetful Mankind is, and how the Quran is sent to Alaa-miin as a reminder. Therefore, Quran, is a tangible holly book, profoundly if not constantly symbolic at aiding man to remember his duty; which is the Worship of One God: One Ilah: Allaah swt.

Surah Ta-ha begins with Allaah swt praising Quran, and calling it a reminder. Then, the story of Moses Pbuh is mentioned where the prophet goes to see Allaah swt on the mountains, and his Israelites people are left with his half brother Harun pbuh. Upon missing the Prophet, the Israelites suddenly forget that they owe their life to Allah swt, his prophet, and despite this enormous debt they owe, they go back to worshiping a calf. In that small duration of time, they relapsed into their old ignorant ways. How unbelievably is Man so forgetful like this?

مْ يَعِدْكُمْ رَبُّكُمْ وَعْدًا حَسَنًا ۚ أَفَطَالَ عَلَيْكُمُ ٱلْعَهْدُ أَمْ أَرَدتُّمْ أَن يَحِلَّ عَلَيْكُمْ غَضَبٌۭ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُم مَّوْعِدِى
Faraja’s Moosaaa ilaa qawmihee ghadbaana asifaa; qaala yaa qawmi alam ya’idkum Rabbukum wa’dan hasanaa; afataala ‘alaikumul ‘ahdu am arattum ai yahilla ‘alaikum ghadabum mir Rabbikum fa akhlaftum maw’idee
86. So Moses returned to his people, angry and grieved. He said, “O my people, did your Lord not make you a good promise? Then, was the time [of its fulfillment] too long for you, or did you wish that wrath from your Lord descend upon you, so you broke your promise [of obedience] to me?”​

Another significant moment in Surah Ta-ha, is when Prophet Adam pbuh is created, and Allaah swt asks the Angels to prostrate to him. All Angels did, but not Iblis, and Allaah swt immediately warns Adam pbuh Iblis is your mortal enemy, So watch for him.

Adam pbuh being blatantly warned to stay away from this hateful creature, still Adam pbuh forgets himself. Instead of treating Iblis like an an enemy as he was instructed, he actually converses with him, enough to listen to Iblis bad advice, that ended up being Adam & Xawo downfall of displeasing Allaah swt, and being thrown out of Heaven. A dramatic clear Forgetfulness by Adam pbuh, and thus forgetting the implicit instructions of Allaah swt warnings to stay away from Iblis.

The element of forgetfulness is very specific trait of ibn Adam. In fact, it is what makes us Human-beings by characteristics.

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَـٰٓئِكَةِ ٱسْجُدُوا۟ لِءَادَمَ فَسَجَدُوٓا۟ إِلَّآ إِبْلِيسَ أَبَىٰ
Wa iz qulnaa lilma laaa’ikatis judoo li Aadama fasajadooo illaaa Iblees; abaam
116. And [mention] when We said to the angels, “Prostrate to Adam,” and they prostrated, except Iblees; he refused.​
فَقُلْنَا يَـٰٓـَٔادَمُ إِنَّ هَـٰذَا عَدُوٌّۭ لَّكَ وَلِزَوْجِكَ فَلَا يُخْرِجَنَّكُمَا مِنَ ٱلْجَنَّةِ فَتَشْقَىٰٓ
Faqulnaa yaaa Aadamu inna haazaa ‘aduwwul laka wa lizawjika falaa yukhrijan nakumaa minal Jannati fatashqaa
117. So We said, “O Adam, indeed this is an enemy to you and to your wife. Then let him not remove you from Paradise so you would suffer.​

كُم مِّنِّى هُدًۭى فَمَنِ ٱتَّبَعَ هُدَاىَ فَلَا يَضِلُّ وَلَا يَشْقَىٰ
Qaalah bita minhaa jamee’am ba’dukum liba’din ‘aduww; fa immaa yaati yannakum minnee hudan famanit taba’a hudaaya falaa yadillu wa laa yashhqaa
123. [ Allah ] said, “Descend from Paradise – all, [your descendants] being enemies to one another. And if there should come to you guidance from Me – then whoever follows My guidance will neither go astray [in the world] nor suffer [in the Hereafter].​

Continuously, Allah swt implores us Human-beings to remember -- not to forget. to keep up our remembrance. Especially now that you have Quran to help you remember. Keep the remembrance up, and you will not be depressed in this life, says Allaah swt.

وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَن ذِكْرِى فَإِنَّ لَهُۥ مَعِيشَةًۭ ضَنكًۭا وَنَحْشُرُهُۥ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَـٰمَةِ أَعْمَىٰ
Wa man a’rada ‘an Zikree fa inna lahoo ma’eeshatan dankanw wa nahshuruhoo Yawmal Qiyaamati a’maa
124. And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind.”​

In Conclusion, Allaah swt implores man to remember their creator, and never FORGET. All humanity have the tools to help themselves if they so wish to. Self awareness is critical here. Know who you are, a Forgetful Human-being by default. The Shaitan has advantage because he is the opposite of a Human. Vindictive, hateful, envious, never forgetful, and eternally present to corrupt Man-kind.

Rise up yaa Insaan. yaa Ibn Adam .Do not FORGET.

1606410313343.png

Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful

Last edited:

Trending