Sultanate of Mogadishu seized Mongol envoy under Kublai Khan in the 13th century

Status
Not open for further replies.
History aficionados come here.

Is this true, bisinka how do they slaughter 800000 Iraqis :mindblown:. It's better to die trying then surrendering, getting raped,pillaged and massacred.

The man ask whether Farmaajo will fight like the egyptians or the Iraqis.

Another guy hits him with not well known Somali history with the Mongols.
We fighting the Somali way:westbrookswag:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How much of this is true?
tenor.gif

How much of this is true?
tenor.gif

Check the spoiler
Title - Medieval History, Volume 2
Publisher - Headstart History, 1992
Original - from the University of Michigan
Digitized - 7 Jun 2008

"Confirmation of the presence of Chinese subjects in far-flung places is provided by Marco Polo, who relates how the new Mongol overlord of China, Kublai Khan, sent envoys to Mogadishu on the Somali coast to treat for the release of a previous emissary" - Medieval History Vol.2

Kublai Khan sent another envoy with gifts for the release of a captured emissary.

World

VIP
The Mongol force was vastly outnumbered by the Mamluks (who were not Egyptian in origin) by at least 2 to 1.

:dwill: interesting

There's so much history that's missing from us. Imagine if we've written our history.
I think it'd make us too boastful though kkk.

We used to send aid when the arabs were in drought to the whole Gulf. A saudi guy told me about this too.
Look what they're doing to us now :farmajoyaab:

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
History aficionados come here.

Is this true, bisinka how do they slaughter 800000 Iraqis :mindblown:. It's better to die trying then surrendering, getting raped,pillaged and massacred.

The man ask whether Farmaajo will fight like the egyptians or the Iraqis.

Another guy hits him with not well known Somali history with the Mongols.
We fighting the Somali way:westbrookswag:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Envoys? As in diplomatic messengers?

images

Brothers and sisters, let us fill with inspiration and nostalgia and not pride and complacency when the names of our forefathers are uttered. We cannot be proud of our glorious past unless we can be sure to emulate it. So say it with me: as an ethnic ambassador of all Somalilands I am going to do the best I can in all I wish as long as my lungs are filled with oxygen! إن شاء الله

We are the present are the future for ummadda soomaaliyeed, do your part.

Brothers and sisters, let us fill with inspiration and nostalgia and not pride and complacency when the names of our forefathers are uttered. We cannot be proud of our glorious past unless we can be sure to emulate it. So say it with me: as an ethnic ambassador of all Somalilands I am going to do the best I can in all I wish as long as my lungs are filled with oxygen! إن شاء الله

We are the present are the future for ummadda soomaaliyeed, do your part.
إن شاء الله
You're right sxb:salute:
Accomplishing nothing and being proud of your ancestors achievements won't take us anywhere. We'll need to achieve like them

seizing mongol envoys is like asking to get extinct
No one could get to us. Not even Persian king cambyses that nigga lost half his forces in the desert trying to get to us from Egypt. Face it somalis are blessed by God in battle. It's a good thing we were nomads or we would have raised the whole world like our Viking cousin's.

:trumpsmirk:

The Mongols weren't really a naval people. If you are overseas like Somalia or Japan the Mongols can't get you, but Iraq they can ride their horde right into Baghdad and kill everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts