Sugar withdrawal experiment

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
For the next two weeks I will be doing a Sugar withdrawal. I wont be eating or drinking anything sweet for two weeks. I read it somewhere that sugar is like a drug. It effects your brain the same way a drug does. We are addicted to it without even knowing. These next two weeks will definitely be tough for me. I will probably be scratching my skin and have craze eyes like a cocaine addict by day 2 of my diet. Cleansing my body from this sweet poison will definitely be rewarding in the end though. I will update on my progress here and there. Wish me luck SSpot. :salute:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I might actually try this. I'm going to start on the weekend though incase I get grumpy.

Good luck. Make sure you drink lots of water and avoid diet sodas.

Nafiso Qalanjo

I might actually try this. I'm going to start on the weekend though incase I get grumpy.
Good idea. To make things easier for you my advice would be decreasing your sugar intake through this week so when you officially start the diet it will be easier. I've already been doing this for a weeks and a half now, and my strong craving for sugar has decreased a lot then what it use to be.

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
For the next two weeks I will be doing a Sugar withdrawal. I wont be eating or drinking anything sweet for two weeks. I read it somewhere that sugar is like a drug. It effects your brain the same way a drug does. We are addicted to it without even knowing. These next two weeks will definitely be tough for me. I will probably be scratching my skin and have craze eyes like a cocaine addict by day 2 of my diet. Cleansing my body from this sweet poison will definitely be rewarding in the end though. I will update on my progress here and there. Wish me luck SSpot. :salute:
:urgh: I knew your profile picture wasn't a good sign.

Nafiso Qalanjo

How much sugar do you eat regularly....???/
Lunch is the only meal where I stay away from eating anything sweet. Breakfast, Dinner, and my snacks through the day are full of sugar. If it where not for my high metabolism I dont think I would have been able to walk out my door nerveless get up from my bed due to obesity. I'm trying to be more conscious and careful about what I eat now, because my worst fear is my high metabolism slowing down, and leaving me with bad eating habits.

Good luck, you gonna need it.
images (23).jpeg

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
I have done this before, and as someone with a serious sweet tooth it was mind blowing. I made it through for around 26 days with no direct sugar in take whatsoever (still ate bread here and there).

And then I started slowly reintroducing it unintentionally via aspartame soft drinks and the odd candy bar because I worked in a place with a non-served kitchen. But I couldn't tolerate it in the quantities I could before. It really works.

Good luck. Make sure you drink lots of water and avoid diet sodas.
What's wrong with diet soda? Shit says 0 calories, 0 sugar.

Please tell me I haven't been drinking Qashin the whole time.

May God be on your side with this. I have also been thinking of doing this myself (but I’m a sugar-junkie so this is probably some empty talk). The time I eat things with sugar in them is in the weekends (one bar of chocolate/bag of candy, chips) and maybe once in the weekdays. The thing I’m doing now though is that I don’t add sugar to my oatmeal; I either add frozen berries or just eat it plain. I eat oatmeal everyday so I hope that is being Β«healthyΒ».

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.