Sudan's protests: Defying Bashir's media blackout | The Listening Post (Lead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Sudan don't fuckt themselves over. I mean Libya and Syrian is enough of a failed state for the world right now.

:snoop:

I really hope Sudan don't fuckt themselves over. I mean Libya and Syrian is enough of a failed state for the world right now.

:snoop:
It would have been cool if the blackest Arab country could have a smooth transition compared to the other failures.

But this might be unrealistic considering Al Bashir's military background.

It might be best to let that man grow old like Mugabe, and not force a revolution which leads to the destruction of infrastructure and long-term institutional failure.

Last edited:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Developing countries always get shit on for being constantly on the verge of chaos but let's not forget how many times the French descended into chaos after the French Revolution. The West has been fighting for democracy for centuries. Most of these countries formed only after the second World War (1948). It's not surprising that they're still getting their sh*t together. Freedom is something th

Keeysan

The humble one
Honestly sometimes I think strong good dictators are a prerequisite for weak states to thrive at least to a suitable point where the country can carry on. Eg ruanda. Otherwise you’re going to have some shitty chaos happening every few decades

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Developing countries always get shit on for being constantly on the verge of chaos but let's not forget how many times the French descended into chaos after the French Revolution. The West has been fighting for democracy for centuries. Most of these countries formed only after the second World War (1948). It's not surprising that they're still getting their sh*t together. Freedom is something th
All these countries got formed based on arbitrary lines so they are not organic.

Keeysan

The humble one
All these countries got formed based on arbitrary lines so they are not organic.
It’s not changing any time soon sxb. Countries are not willing to let go of any of their parts coz they fear any unknown compromise they might face in the future. Even Egypt would go to war with Libya if they claimed some hellhole piece of sandland in between them.

If a country got something it claimed the other country might also feel obliged to get its claims elsewhere, thus a chain reaction. Whole scene would get ugly quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts