Sudan Reportedly in Talks with the US, UAE on Israel Ties

Should Somalia normalize ties with Israel like some Gulf countries did?

• Total voters

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Turkey recognizes Israel and has normalized diplomatic ties with Israel. Doing this does not mean you love Israel. It is just a formal procedure.

If Sudan joins in, then Somalia is the only oddball in East Africa not having any diplomatic ties with Israel in East Africa.

I would never make ties with a country that is stealing land from the natives and killing them, that makes us indirectly support them. It's like somalia making ties with china, while they have uyghurs in concentration camps. f*ck no!

@Apollo

I agree with your point but I am looking at it from a different angle. Turkey has the biggest army in Nato and is a military superpower.

Somalia on the other hand is rebuilding its army after nearly 30 years of it being disbanded. We are defenseless at this point if Israel wanted to attack. We would only compromise ourselves both physically and morally if we do the deal.

Turkey has many bargaining chips and means of defense if it came down to it. But Somalia on the other hand would have to seek support from the international community. Who would not support us if conflict were to take place.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I would never make ties with a country that is stealing land from the natives and killing them, that makes us indirectly support them. It's like somalia making ties with china, while they have uyghurs in concentration camps. f*ck no!

Lots of countries have a history of settler colonialism (Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc the list is endless). The Jews are never going to leave and if all these Arab countries are starting to have formal ties with Israel there is no reason Somalia should not.

Lots of countries have a history of settler colonialism (Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc the list is endless). The Jews are never going to leave and if all these Arab countries are starting to have formal ties with Israel there is no reason Somalia should not.

If Somalia were to normalise ties it shouldn't be now or at all in my opinion. Only as a resort once the country has an established militiary, national security, economy and infrastructure.

That way we would be self-reliant and able to defend ourselves if the worst came. Also use our power to support our Palestinian brothers and sisters.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
From a Islamic perspective I won't support the cursed yahuuds :ftw9nwa: :kodaksmiley::drakelaugh:

Apollo

VIP
@SOULSEARCHING @Halimo Supremist

This may sound antisemitic, but it is not wise to go against Jews. These fuckers all over important functions in global influential organizations. Even as non-Israeli citizens, but as Western nationals (Americans, Europeans etc).

The guy who orchestrated the Iraq war (Paul Wolfowitz) was an American citizen of Jewish origin.

There are zero benefits for Somalia to be formally/diplomatically anti-Israel and only lots of risks.

@SOULSEARCHING @Halimo Supremist

This may sound antisemitic, but it is not wise to go against Jews. These fuckers all over important functions in global influential organizations. Even as non-Israeli citizens, but as Western nationals (Americans, Europeans etc).

The guy who orchestrated the Iraq war (Paul Wolfowitz) was an American citizen of Jewish origin.

There are zero benefits for Somalia to be formally/diplomatically anti-Israel and only lots of risks.

I believe that most muslim countries are being blackmailed into doing partnerships with them. Even Sheikh Sudais made a pro-Israel sermon. It's quite obvious what's happening. I suppose its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Apollo

VIP
The Jews don't want us, look they haven't even recongised Somaliland and landers are begging them :mindblown: :drakelaugh:

They want Somalia to remain poor, ridden with terrorists, and underdeveloped. Meanwhile they favor Ethiopia and increased Ethiopian power over East Africa. They love Ethiopians (4% of Israel (1 in 25) is straight up Ethiopian/Habesha).

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
They want Somalia to remain poor, ridden with terrorists, and underdeveloped. Meanwhile they favor Ethiopia and increased Ethiopian power over East Africa. They love Ethiopians (4% of Israel (1 in 25) is straight up Ethiopian/Habesha).

Somalis are African Jews, and the Jews know this we are smart, that's why they don't want us to succeed. We are a threat to them and the world.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Israel is a reality on the ground we have to get used to, being pragmatic is wise here

There is no harm in establishing formal ties

Apollo

VIP
I was confused af. I agree though and just like the jews we will revive our people and rise up inshallah!

:rejoice:

Jews (when they live outside of Israel) are known as merchants and middleman minorities.

To be honest, the only Somalis who behave a bit like Jews are Somalis in countries like Zambia, Kenya (outside of NFD), Tanzania, and South Africa where Somalis are known as shopkeepers and being business savvy.

Trending

Latest posts