Sudan repeals death sentence for gay sex

They will still be destroyed by the west.
Turkey did everything but were never accepted.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. I am not sure why the LGBTQ lobby in the west see this as some sort of the victory for them, I have noticed many articles online about the recent law reforms in Sudan particularly this one about the death penalty for homosexuals being repelled in Sudan have left out one thing, that it is still illegal to be a homosexual in Sudan, if they are caught in the act of sodomy by the police then they will still be imprisoned for it.

Homosexuality will never be accepted in Sudan that's for sure. There were recent protests about the law reforms in Khartoum last Friday.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. I am not sure why the LGBTQ lobby in the west see this as some sort of the victory for them, I have noticed many articles online about the recent law reforms in Sudan particularly this one about the death penalty for homosexuals being repelled in Sudan have left out one thing, that it is still illegal to be a homosexual in Sudan, if they are caught in the act of sodomy by the police then they will still be imprisoned for it.

Homosexuality will never be accepted in Sudan that's for sure. There were recent protests about the law reforms in Khartoum last Friday.

It's not homosexuality, I have been told that homosexuality exists in Sudan just like in the Arab world.

The thing is the laws they keep passing.

This was not about bringing down Albashir but it was door to everything.

Turkey under Atturturk did everything but still they were shunned by the west.

It's not homosexuality, I have been told that homosexuality exists in Sudan just like in the Arab world.

The thing is the laws they keep passing.

This was not about bringing down Albashir but it was door to everything.

Turkey under Atturturk did everything but still they were shunned by the west.

Homosexuality exists in Sudan but they know where they stand. No sane homosexual person in Sudan would ever come out and announce that they're gay because of the repercussions that they would face from Sudanese society as a whole.

No sane Sudanese person revolted against Bashir so such laws could be passed, they wanted just to be able to survive like any other citizen demands from their government. There was no political agenda about the revolution. It was purely from an economic standpoint. I can tell you for certain, that most Sudanese people weren't interested in westernizing or secularizing Sudan if you were to ask your average Sudanese person in Sudan on the street as to why they participated in the revolution against Bashir, was so that the death penalty for homosexuality and apostasy could be lifted, they would look and laugh at you in pure disbelief.

Turkey is a bad example because the Ottomans had reached a boiling point in Turkey because their empire was collapsing and the Turks themselves wanted a secular state, hence why so many supported and fought in Attaturk's war of independence. I get your comparison with Turkey, about how the recent law reforms that are being passed, by Hamdouk's government is so that Sudan can become accepted by the west, and you're quite correct in your analysis. He is just doing all of this basically, just so Sudan can get off the SST list and he can attract more western investors into Sudan.

I wonder if his government who are destroying Sudans societal and religious values and allowing liberalism to become normalized in Sudan by law pays off in the end because his government will look like complete morons if the USA still hasn't completely taken Sudan off the SST list and there are probably more law reforms to come after this because Sudan are still on that list LOL.

Hamdouk's government doesn't represent how the majority of the Sudanese people feel and think, his government is literally made up Sudanese liberals and communists who studied, worked and lived in the west for most of their lives and decided to come back after Bashir's government fell, we are still a religiously conservative society and we hold our religion to a high regard.

Last edited:

Trending