Sudan Bans FGM and breaks from Islamic laws

@Nomoregames2019 Do you support these laws?

From the perspective of your average Sudanese citizen in Sudan, these laws reforms will make no difference to them in their daily lives. Banning FGM, and allowing Christians to drink and getting rid of apostasy laws will not improve the economic situation in Sudan. Hamdouk is just trying to buy time and doing all of these law reforms as a cover-up because he hasn't been able to find an economic solution to reducing the long bread/fuel queues, frequent electricity blackouts, and high inflation that Sudan is currently suffering from.

FGM was already banned in Sudan, non-Muslim minorities in Sudan were already allowed to drink in their own homes. As for the apostasy law reform, no. We are a Muslim country, such laws were established in Sudan for a reason. It wouldn't shock me if Hamdouk legalized homosexuality next in Sudan.

Last edited:
They say they're only allowing alcohol for non-Muslims so that there aren't Islamist protests. In reality it most likely means only non-Muslims are legally permitted to sell alcohol but anyone that wants to buy it can.

From the perspective of your average Sudanese citizen in Sudan, these laws will make no difference to them in their daily lives. Banning FGM, and allowing Christians to drink and getting rid of apostasy laws will not improve the economic situation in Sudan. Hamdouk is just trying to buy time and doing all of these law reforms as a cover up because he hasn't been able to find a solution to the long bread/fuel queues, constant electricity blackouts, and inflation that Sudan is currently suffering from.
All of these laws will dramatically change the country barring FGM, since that requires a cultural shift but that has been taking place since the 80s. The lifting of the alcohol ban will benefit the tourism industry which can help the inflation/economic situation.

I'm not sure if we can mention Hamdok since he didn't make these changes, the minister of justice did. However I wouldn't be shocked if attracting western investors and getting off the SST list played a role.

FYI Banning FGM started long time a go in the 60s after independence for African Countries
Its because of Globalization that we are hearing more about it. It was illegal on paper for
most Countries from long time a go

No, it's required in the shafi madhab.

NO NO NO Sxb. That's incorrect. The one that Shaficis do is not FGM aka Pagan Culture.

Its the Sunna one . I read about this that Yemenis and Malays do it, because they are
shafici.

So, what happening with Somalis is they have stopped fgm but not the Sunna one like
Malays and Yemenis

I completely do not understand how female circumcision should be performed in Islam. In this link, http://www.just.edu.jo/~mafika/733_Reproductive Endocrinology/Islam and Circumscision.htm, it says that "Female circumcision is cutting a fold of skin in the upper part of the vagina, which resembles a fruit stone or a rooster comb, but without removing the whole fold". The link also states that some women do not require it because they do not have the flap of skin that is supposed to be cut of.

But I've also heard that it's actually the slicing of the clitoris, which sounds horrible compared to just cutting of a flap of skin.

NO NO NO Sxb. That's incorrect. The one that Shaficis do is not FGM aka Pagan Culture.

Its the Sunna one . I read about this that Yemenis and Malays do it, because they are
shafici.

So, what happening with Somalis is they have stopped fgm but not the Sunna one like
Malays and Yemenis
There's no distinction under the laws between fircooni and type I.

All are banned as FGM.

Not for Muslims. We are Concerned about Muslim Countries- Every Society have their own
laws.

We go by Islamic Laws.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Dude you might want to read the laws. Circumcision of all kinds is illegal in Somalia.

There is no distinction, that's another propaganda tactic. :nvjpqts:
There are no laws in Somalia because there is no government. FGM is still widely practiced and the ‘Circumcision’ practiced there is definitely not halal.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Article 15 in the 2012 provisional constitution
They did
Laws and rules require authority or else its just an empty threat or a warning the government recently celebrated the capture of a village less than a 70KM from the capital. AS have not banned it so it continues in the south/central parts of the country.

P.S. I dont know if you follow Somali politics but the constitution was just recently used as toilet paper.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Somalis sew up womens privates and on the wedding night the husband forcefully penetrates it.

Whatever you wanna call that it should be punished with death from what I understand that is not circumcision but torture and abuse.

Laws and rules require authority or else its just an empty threat or a warning the government recently celebrated the capture of a village less than a 70KM from the capital. AS have not banned it so it continues in the south/central parts of the country.

P.S. I dont know if you follow Somali politics but the constitution was just recently used as toilet paper.
Well that's enforcement of the law and completely different. Doesn't change the fact they banned all forms of circumcision in every instance of the law.

For example, Yemen banned it 20 years ago, yet it's nearly universal in Shafi'i Southern Yemen.

Trending

Latest posts