study tips please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaa

Swimming in kisses
It is only the beginning of the term and I'm already stressed out :liberaltears:How do you guys manage studies effectively?

I can't stress these points enough :wtfdis:
  1. Start your readings early and tackle them bit by bit
  2. Review your notes multiple times
  3. Attend all of your lectures regularly regardless of how you're feeling (you'll thank yourself me in the future). I find the material really sticks when I have someone explaining concepts, rather than just reading them out of a textbook.
  4. Form study groups with smart, focused friends (This one's the hardest, otherwise you'll end up getting nothing done:wow:)
  5. If you're a maths student-this should be obvious-work on as many questions as possible every single day
  6. Visit your professor during office hours if you're having a hard time understanding, they don't bite.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. One thing I do is everyday when I come home I rewrite my notes and not just copy it but try to understand what I'm writing... then I'll go over what we need to know for the next class. Make sure over the weekend you refresh your mind on what you learned so far. If you have questions always go to office hours or take advantage of the free tutoring you have at your school. Study buddy/groups are always great too.

come prepared to the lecture.
Review after class.
Use test banks.
Attend class.
Improve on time management
Hit the gym
Get to know your prof and participate in class
Party on the weekend

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
  3. Attend all of your lectures regularly regardless of how you're feeling (you'll thank yourself me in the future). I find the material really sticks when I have someone explaining concepts, rather than just reading them out of a textbook.
  4. Form study groups with smart, focused friends (This one's the hardest, otherwise you'll end up getting nothing done:wow:)
  5. If you're a maths student-this should be obvious-work on as many questions as possible every single day
  6. Visit your professor during office hours if you're having a hard time understanding, they don't bite.
:salute: Good advice. Who are you, me? :wtfdis:

Plan ahead & organize. If you know how many X hours you should study a week then create a time table on when you gonna do them topic by topic

Create some sort of study schedule for yourself. Buy a planner.

Do your required readings before going to class. Actually go to class -_- and pay attention. I don't get students who go to class to watch a movie on their laptop lol

Turn off your phone.

Jeesto

VIP
You make it seem very easy:mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending