Struggling to reconcile these principles

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to cause an argument or say anything in bad faith. I would just like an answer which calling me a kafir or gaal will not provide me.

Al-Baqara 256​

"Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things."

If this is true, then why is offensive jihad or the killing of apostates permitted? Surely these are compulsive actions?

Hamzza

VIP
DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to cause an argument or say anything in bad faith. I would just like an answer which calling me a kafir or gaal will not provide me.

Al-Baqara 256​

"Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things."

If this is true, then why is offensive jihad or the killing of apostates permitted? Surely these are compulsive actions?
Hope this helps

firstly, the punishment for apostates is in the hadith. secondly- this is why we have to go back and study tafsir. we can't just invent our own interpretation.

no compulsion in religion means you can't force someone to convert against their will. it doesn't nullify the law on apostates.

Do you believe free speech in of itself is a virtue?

At the time of the prophet pbuh many enemies of Islam would fake convert as Muslims but then announce their apostatey in public in our to humiliate the the prophet pbuh and the Muslims.

Trending