Struggle life: you knew you were poor growing up when

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammond

It's never that deep
All of the shit mentioned within the thread happened to me also did any of you use plastic sainsbury's bags as bins in your council flat. :mjcry:

Thank god for uniforms otherwise I would have been bullied. I always had one outfit I'd use for non-school uniform day and itd be new stuff my mom bought me once a year.:kendrickcry:

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
All of the shit mentioned within the thread happened to me also did any of you use plastic sainsbury's bags as bins in your council flat. :mjcry:

Thank god for uniforms otherwise I would have been bullied. I always had one outfit I'd use for non-school uniform day and itd be new stuff my mom bought me once a year.:kendrickcry:

Dont u worry I can relate brother :kendrickcry:

There was this Indian guy in my skl and whenever there was non school uniform day he would always wear uniform. Miskeen wallahi everybody used to tease him.

Hammond

It's never that deep
There was this Indian guy in my skl and whenever there was non school uniform day he would always wear uniform. Miskeen wallahi everybody used to tease him.
Sometimes I truly wish non-school uniform day didn't exist, it was basically make fun of the poorer kids clothes day it was just sad wallahi.

Sometimes I truly wish non-school uniform day didn't exist, it was basically make fun of the poorer kids clothes day it was just sad wallahi.
For real. I always would ask my hooyo to buy what I liked. Many people don't have a choice but buy what their hooyo approves. That's why many kids get teased tbh.

Somalis claiming they had it good back in the 90s, while 98,9% were refugees them days. :pachah1:

Struggle was real back in the days

Showering with a bucket
Wearing your brother old shoes which he got from a brother older then him.
Sleeping with 5 niggas in one room was a big problem.
Tuna with Beans every single day

f*ck all these qaxootis for fronting on the internet :chrisfreshhah:

Lmao all of those hit a strike with me. Tuna and beans them ones ufft

Family. We’re here for you son
:mjcry:

When the black bins ran out we would use those plastic bags :wow:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

:friendhug:

This why y’all got to get a good career so you can boss up. Don’t let your kids have to worry about these issues.

Bro niggas use to make fun of me for wearing Walmart clothes and fake polo shirts:jcoleno:.

I remembers one night I was so excited with my outfit. Green Polo shirt blue jeans and my black air Jordan shoes. I really thought I was clean as hell. In the morning as I sat on the bus some kids started saying I looked clean. I said thanks and one guy asked

“yo is that a Ralph Lauren polo”
I said
“Idk”
Dude than goes behind me and checks the tag and next thing you know he shouts
“USPA!! Broke ass”
The whole bus roasted my ass :mjcry:. Once we arrived on school it was worse. Kids started to hear about my fake polo and called me “uspa” for a whole day.

After that school day I through away all my USPA polo shirts

:friendhug:

This why y’all got to get a good career so you can boss up. Don’t let your kids have to worry about these issues.

Bro niggas use to make fun of me for wearing Walmart clothes and fake polo shirts:jcoleno:.

I remembers one night I was so excited with my outfit. Green Polo shirt blue jeans and my black air Jordan shoes. I really thought I was clean as hell. In the morning as I sat on the bus some kids started saying I looked clean. I said thanks and one guy asked

“yo is that a Ralph Lauren polo”
I said
“Idk”
Dude than goes behind me and checks the tag and next thing you know he shouts
“USPA!! Broke ass”
The whole bus roasted my ass :mjcry:. Once we arrived on school it was worse. Kids started to hear about my fake polo and called me “uspa” for a whole day.

After that school day I through away all my USPA polo shirts
Jerome I sympathize with you.:mjcry::kendrickcry:

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
my childhood was kinda fun for me, 99% of the time i wasnt home. we are 9. i kinda hate and love that we are 9. I dislike it 51%. I NEVER had a bed. My senior year in high school i slept on the coach for the whole year! Thats why i dont want more than 4 children.

Having more than 6 children for me is just gonna be me..living my childhood again which i dont want. plus, i am really not fond of kids when they are of age, they are rude! bratty and shit. i hate bratty children. I LOVE BABBIES and TODDLERS. Im a baby magnet. All of'em like me. i love how they smell..babbies smell amazing u know.

Somalis claiming they had it good back in the 90s, while 98,9% were refugees them days. :pachah1:

Struggle was real back in the days

Showering with a bucket
Wearing your brother old shoes which he got from a brother older then him.
Sleeping with 5 niggas in one room was a big problem.
Tuna with Beans every single day

Tuna with beans you know, brings back hella memories. Shit don't even taste that good but my dumb ass still makes it for nostalgia reasons.

Living 8 people in a one bed flat due to eviction.

Buying bread that goes out of date that day to freeze and unfreeze when needed.

Buying everything in multipacks (juice,water,cereal,pasta,shampoo).

Dad only able to get temporary jobs for the longest.

Mum selling her gold to pay the bills.

Shout to our parents tho, they made sure we were always good despite all the stress they had. Inshallah they will be granted the highest levels of heaven.

The struggles of growing up poor for me was...

Here is my list

1. Buying shoes that were two times bigger than me
2. Buying shoes from payless and lying that I got them from kohls or ross lol:icon lol:
3. Riding in a broken down grey Toyota Previa where most of the doors wouldnt and we had to kick the door just for it to open. I remember people use to clown on me for that had all my friends crying of laughter.
4. Wearing hand me down from my older brothers lol
5. Watchig KPBS cartoons (Author that show was lit, also wild kratts, and other cartoons) that were on when you have no cable.
6. Using a hanger or a fork and sticking it into the the place where you would need the Antenna(Dont judge saxhib desperate times call desperate measure).
7. Walking home while your friend rode home in a nice air conditioned car lol( wont complain on this one due to walking home being very peaceful and let me think hard about things that were troubling me) Now that I have a car being stuck in traffic and having car blast their horn is stressful as f*ck.

Thats all I can think of now things got better though as i grew older now allhamdullilha i have money to get the things i need. I mostly waste money on books need to start saving.

I'll add more when i get flashback to my troubling childhood filled with having no father figure:mjcry::mjkkk:
I also had a preevia.
You in ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending