Strangers asking you for favours.

I don't know if this is common in other communities but a while ago I was flying to Hargeisa from London Heathrow.

A middle aged Somali man approached me and said he noticed that my luggage was light and asked if I could take extra stuff for his wife and kids as his sisters bags were already full.

I mean I understand when someone you know is flying to the motherland and they ask you to take a package to deliver - but a complete stranger... in the airport while I'm about to check in...?

Is it just me or is that a bit weird. Do Somalis approach complete strangers and request this...?

I don't know if this is common in other communities but a while ago I was flying to Hargeisa from London Heathrow.

A middle aged Somali man approached me and said he noticed that my luggage was light and asked if I could take extra stuff for his wife and kids as his sisters bags were already full.

I mean I understand when someone you know is flying to the motherland and they ask you to take a package to deliver - but a complete stranger... in the airport while I'm about to check in...?

Is it just me or is that a bit weird. Do Somalis approach complete strangers and request this...?
I hope you said no. How do you know if he was planning to trick you into carrying something that could get you into trouble?

Somaliniimo my behind, I’d pretend I was Sudanese or something.

Besides, how did he notice your luggage was “light?” He must’ve been watching you while you were checking in and saw the number on the scale. Weird.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I take it as a test from the almighty lord. You should always help people in need.

I hope you said no. How do you know if he was planning to trick you into carrying something that could get you into trouble?
That's a good point tbh, you have to be careful in these busy crowded airports
Don't wanna be caught smuggling 50kg of Nose Candy across international borders :damn:

Somaliniimo my behind, I’d pretend I was Sudanese or something.

Besides, how did he notice your luggage was “light?” He must’ve been watching you while you were checking in and saw the number on the scale. Weird.
Exactly

Trending

Latest posts