Stats: Somali women don’t marry out

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
In a survey of Arab-American communities from 2007 to 2011, Somalis had the lowest intermarriage rate for men and women.

Yemenis were second last.

22A3FE60-EA0D-4329-98AA-5C8215D400F5.jpeg

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
This is from 2011 though things changed a lot both sides marry out at higher rates than this picture especially the ones born after 1999

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
This is from 2011 though things changed a lot both sides marry out at higher rates than this picture especially the ones born after 1999

The oldest anyone born after 1999 can be this year is 22.

That’s hardly a uni graduate let alone marriage age.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
The oldest anyone born after 1999 can be this year is 22.

That’s hardly a uni graduate let alone marriage age.

Yea I know I can only speak for my generation, relationships and the dating scene between the 2 genders are way too divided and open to other ethnicities

Plus the shaming from parents shit ain’t prevalent like it was in the 2010s. I highly doubt we’ll be at the lowest % according to mixing we’ll be average rate with the other communities

Last edited:

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Yea I know I can only speak for my generation, relationships and the dating scene between the 2 genders are way too divided and open to other ethnicities

Plus the shaming from parents shit ain’t prevalent like it was in the 2010s. I highly doubt we’ll be at the lowest % according to mixing we’ll be average rate with the other communities

I am a bit older than you bro and I can tell you that dating and marriage are seperate.

Similar to Arabs and Desis, Somalis that entertain other ethnicities in the youth will almost always end up settling with Somalis.

Based

VIP
I don’t know why losers care so much about random xalimos marrying out. Who the hell has time and energy to care about who someone you don’t know is messing with :wow1: have we reached new levels of unemployment

Most of that 7 percent are Somalis from Somalia marrying Somalis from Ethiopia, or Somalis from Kenya or Djibouti. Even our ethnic minorities tend to marry other Somalis.

lots of incels want excuses for why they aren’t married besides being bums.

The numbers definitely increased but I won’t pass 20-25 percent trust me due to a variety of reasons such as colourism religion anti blackness etc don’t underestimate those factors

Last edited:

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
@Periplus so if Somali men marry marry out more why are these incels in the internet always crying 24/7 it doesn’t make any sense to me

A million reasons to be honest, but I think tunnel vision.

People see one interracial marriage and suddenly that’s all they see. However, in reality it’s not that much.

A million reasons to be honest, but I think tunnel vision.

People see one interracial marriage and suddenly that’s all they see. However, in reality it’s not that much.
I agree I think most of it comes down to their own personal issues also how much do you see the numbers rising over the last 11 years for both genders

Last edited:

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
I agree I think most of it comes down to their own personal issues also how much do you see the numbers rising over the last 11 years for both genders

I don’t think it’s the end of the world.

We are never going to see “replacement”, so putting those concerns aside, it’s not bad. More people will be tolerant to other cultures if they have a second cousin that is mixed.

As long as they maintain our culture and language, I see no problem with it.

I don’t think it’s the end of the world.

We are never going to see “replacement”, so putting those concerns aside, it’s not bad. More people will be tolerant to other cultures if they have a second cousin that is mixed.

As long as they maintain our culture and language, I see no problem with it.
As long as we live in a multicultural society it’s bound to happen I have no issue with it at all everybody has freedom of choice

Those lot obsessed with Xalimos marrying out aren’t interested in stats. You’re telling them something they knew all along. If they bothered to look at the wider Somali community, taking those they know into account, they’d know it isn’t common and many of them actually do know.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
As we know, this research includes somalis marrying other somalis who have another nationality which explains the high number.

Stats show for men and women in the somali community, marrying others is low. The fact that somali marrying another ethnicity becomes a huge deal in our community because we are not used to it.

Outmarriage will remain relatively low for even those who are born or raised here. Most people marry within their community or someone from a close culture. Yes, marrying ajanabis will be more common but you would think all somalis are doing it.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

Nah bro, Im probably same age group as you and while dating and marrying shisheeye has become more common, it still only done by small minority.

Recent focus of gen z kids getting more interested in somali culture shows people want to feel closer to their culture and that kinda makes it hard to marry shisheeyes. Add in the fact we are muslims and shit gets harder to marry out as other muslim communities are also insular.

Trending

Latest posts