State of the Somali Air Force...

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I was looking over the equipment the SAF has, and obviously the jets are all MIGs from the 80s, very outdated. 155 aircraft total including helicopters and the very old fighter jets.

Are there any plans down the line to purchase more aircraft @kickz.

We once has the strongest air strike capability in Africa inshallah the Air Force can be brought back to its former glory. :ahh:

I read the current head of the Air Force met with his Pakistani counterpart and talked about cooperation and support in the rebuild of the SAF.

Modern day aircrafts are very expensive, the SNA is just getting on its feet now. Once it is fully functioning they’ll start focusing on other Defense branches like airforce and navy.

Airforce needs more education/training than the Army too as it’s very technical so it would need a huge amount of investment, things can get rolling after debt relief hopefully

Coordinated airforce, army and navy would have the country completely locked off from extremists and any aggression from neighbouring countries

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Modern day aircrafts are very expensive, the SNA is just getting on its feet now. Once it is fully functioning they’ll start focusing on other Defense branches like airforce and navy.

Airforce needs more education/training than the Army too as it’s very technical so it would need a huge amount of investment, things can get rolling after debt relief hopefully

Coordinated airforce, army and navy would have the country completely locked off from extremists and any aggression from neighbouring countries
I read they were analyzing the costs of rebuilding the air force within the next 10-15 yrs.

Danab have been training with the Americans for years. The future of the Armed Forces looks bright alx. :patrice:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I was looking over the equipment the SAF has, and obviously the jets are all MIGs from the 80s, very outdated. 155 aircraft total including helicopters and the very old fighter jets.

Are there any plans down the line to purchase more aircraft @kickz.

We once has the strongest air strike capability in Africa inshallah the Air Force can be brought back to its former glory. :ahh:

I read the current head of the Air Force met with his Pakistani counterpart and talked about cooperation and support in the rebuild of the SAF.

Definitely, there are pilots trained already in Turkey, just waiting on Arms Embargo to lift.

I saw a video where kenya was crying about 600 somali pilots trained in Turkey. Hopefully in the next 10 years we will have a good airforce. Given that Somalia continues progressing.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
It is best to invest in drones. Advance drones can hunt down fighter jets and take them out from far away.

I read they were analyzing the costs of rebuilding the air force within the next 10-15 yrs.

Danab have been training with the Americans for years. The future of the Armed Forces looks bright alx. :patrice:

Navy and airforce it’s fine to start off with small numbers but for the SNA they really need to ramp that shit up so they can replace the thousands of amisom fuckers stationed there

Until they leave I will consider the country under occupation/ unable to fend for itself

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Navy and airforce it’s fine to start off with small numbers but for the SNA they really need to ramp that shit up so they can replace the thousands of amisom fuckers stationed there

Until they leave I will consider the country under occupation/ unable to fend for itself
The sad part is Danab and the lads in Turkey are much better trained than the AMISOM stooges in Xamar. :bell:

SNA, Navy and airforce should all have equal numbers of people from every region and mix up the squads so they can form brotherly bonds regardless of qabiil

For them the country and the persons standing to their left/right should be their only priority

I heard Danab was of mixed clan recruits so I was curious, chill out broski.:gucciwhat:

I'm actually kidding. People need to relax on this whole qabil thing. A qabil having a few more pilots than others won't mean you will get annihilated. Some quota should be given to each qabil for now, but talented individuals regardless if they surpass the quota of their qabil should be added to the force. What we need right now is talent above all. Qabil is holding us back a lotttt. I'd hope a position would be given to the person who deserves it the most.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I'm actually kidding. People need to relax on this whole qabil thing. A qabil having a few more pilots than others won't mean you will get annihilated. Some quota should be given to each qabil for now, but talented individuals regardless if they surpass the quota of their qabil should be added to the force. What we need right now is talent above all. Qabil is holding us back a lotttt. I'd hope a position would be given to the person who deserves it the most.
I agree, no need to restrict if a Reer Xamar guy flies better than an MJ or HG guy give the Reer Xamar guy the promotion.

Military promotions 100% should be merit based. My adeer told me back home in the 60s the military offered young guys the chance to make something of themselves. Inshallah we return to that.

I read some guy in US diaspora joined the Somali Army as an officer. Its an old article but good read.

Also, I'd love for somalis to duke it out until they establish a proper agreement with winners and losers. But we are late to the game. If we did this back in the 18th or even 19th century, we would be somewhere today. Right now there are way tooo many external forces interfering. So we should compromise so we don't get fucked over.

Awdalia Rising

SSpot Special Correspondent
3A894AC0-682A-4DEC-881D-5AC11ED483A9.jpeg

F-68 Fighter Jets are already in the process of production. We should see them dropping bombs on almost any country soon :mjkkk:

Trending

Latest posts