Starting mining company back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would it cost to open a family mining business back home? Would the government fund me or give me a loan or would I have to use my own money?. I have always wanted to fund or start my own mining company back home particularly gold, since we need to kick start our economy and our resources are practically untouched except for reports of ancient Somalis trading gold with other countries.

I personally think we need something like this backhome as it would create jobs for many Somalis across the whole country. However before all this can proceed, Al shabaab must be defeated. I will not risk having all the hard work being foiled by a bunch of disgruntled fanatics. Even though the north is generally very peaceful.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
How much would it cost to open a family mining business back home? Would the government fund me or give me a loan or would I have to use my own money?. I have always wanted to fund or start my own mining company back home particularly gold, since we need to kick start our economy and our resources are practically untouched except for reports of ancient Somalis trading gold with other countries.

I personally think we need something like this backhome as it would create jobs for many Somalis across the whole country. However before all this can proceed, Al shabaab must be defeated. I will not risk having all the hard work being foiled by a bunch of disgruntled fanatics. Even though the north is generally very peaceful.

No rule of law unfortunately.

Risk management would be a huge headache since you could lose your license or land depending on the mood of the local warlord.

Wait until there are federal laws or updates in the constitution that deal with these types of agreements with regional governments.

Risk management would be a huge headache since you could lose your license or land depending on the mood of the local warlord.

Wait until there are federal laws or updates in the constitution that deal with these types of agreements with regional governments.
Will do. It is sad that even a other 3rd world countries are progressing faster than we are, due to our qabilist mentality and incompetent or curropt government official.

A VERY long list of requirements needs to be met before anything close to what you suggest can happen...

Islamists will be around for decades.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Will do. It is sad that even a other 3rd world countries are progressing faster than we are, due to our qabilist mentality and incompetent or curropt government official.

It might actually end up as a boon to our future industries.

While most African countries are selling off their strategic resources to the last gram we will still have ours unexploited.

DRC, the most resource rich country in the world after USA and Australia would be bone dry within 20 years.

First world countries are limiting the mining or export of certain strategic minerals.

Meanwhile in Congo:

"We need to make enough money before we run out of these minerals so that is why they are strategic to the country," Jean Nkunza (FT)

:damn:

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

What I know about Somaliland is you can't do shit the unless you're in the clan of the area you would like to mine or exploit and then you would need to ask then for their blessing.

Especially Sanaag the HY won't even let the government in to exploit same with odweyne.

Good thing I'm HY with a few connections who insha'Allah would be successful with a few projects soon but not to exploit more to produce & build

What I know about Somaliland is you can't do shit the unless you're in the clan of the area you would like to mine or exploit and then you would need to ask then for their blessing.

Especially Sanaag the HY won't even let the government in to exploit same with odweyne.

Good thing I'm HY with a few connections who insha'Allah would be successful with a few projects soon but not to exploit more to produce & build
I have family in that region. So I will see in future if they will help me.

I swear some Chinese were given permission to search. Why trust these crooks instead of your own kin?

What do you mean by "kin"?

Subclan?
Yep unfortunately. Today i was German ethnically I could buy a farm in any part of the country and no one would say that I can't utilise the resources to help my country progress because I am from qabil X. It's sad how we are the only ppl affected by this mentality. I guess hard times do bring out the worst in men and our ppl have been poor for as long as I can remember.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Yep unfortunately. Today i was German ethnically I could buy a farm in any part of the country and no one would say that I can't utilise the resources to help my country progress because I am from qabil X. It's sad how we are the only ppl affected by this mentality. I guess hard times do bring out the worst in men and our ppl have been poor for as long as I can remember.

If only that was the case in our country.

You'll get the support of your subclan aslong as you don't pass their greed limit or threaten the position of the warlords in charge.

Heard of plenty cases where people with high status uncles being arrested just because those uncles felt threatened by the influence they were developing.

Doesn't matter if you don't have any political aspirations as these khat riddled elders are too paranoid or greedy...(Without it they wouldn't be where there are are today.)

If it was like how you described then the Gobols would've thrived regardless of the chaos in Xamar.

No point risking it until rule of law is introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending