SSpot hits way too close to home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
There's only two Somali presidents I hear talk of at our house. Farmajo and Silanyo. You're telling me there's a third? What do Puntlanders think of farmajo? Do they call both PL and Farmajo president, such that they have two presidents?

Somaliland is similar to Puntland in autonomy and bureaucratic structure, only slightly more delusional when it comes to thinking they are a country.

VixR

Veritas
Somaliland is similar to Puntland in autonomy and bureaucratic structure, only slightly more delusional when it comes to thinking they are a country.
Hopefully will be.

It's impossible for Somalis to get along ethnically, and years of instability has done nothing to change that premise.

Apollo

VIP
Hopefully will be.

It's impossible for Somalis to get along ethnically, and years of instability has done nothing to change that premise.

My Alt-Right ideology will be their saving grace. I can unite them all in pursuit of lebensraum from Ethiopia and Kenya.

VixR

Veritas
My Alt-Right ideology will be their saving grace. I can unite them all in pursuit of lebensraum from Ethiopia and Kenya.
Somalis were never united to begin with. We're inherently divided by tribe, which isn't something you can make disappear unless the entire dynamic of the society changes.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis were never united to begin with. We're inherently divided by tribe, which isn't something you can make disappear unless the entire dynamic of the society changes.

Their stratification is based on clans, and most of the macro clans are fake anyway. Those identities will go away in the future as genetic technology improves.

VixR

Veritas
Their stratification is based on clans, and most of the macro clans are fake anyway. Those identities will go away in the future as genetic technology improves.
You're assuming reason would win out.

You're downplaying the power of myth :icon lol:

VixR

Veritas
There will be no dramatic restructuring of borders, and even at that, a state is far more likely to break down and lose territory than it is gain new land, or even be willing to or able to possess the sort of power to do so. Gone is the era of land wars.

Somaliland seceding isn't at all far-fetched in that sense, but a new Somali state expanding to form a new entity is definitely ludicrous and delusional. You're like wayyyy more than a century late!

I don't see why the Nazis or the Alt-Right appeal to you. Failure is their common theme

Status
Not open for further replies.