Sspot’s ADHD Support Group

Good evening dhamaan waxii fiyow iyo waxii waalan,

Life can be a balancing act for any adult, but if you find yourself constantly late, disorganized, forgetful, and overwhelmed by your responsibilities, congrats you may have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), previously known as ADD.
Its wide variety of frustrating symptoms can hinder everything from your relationships to your career.

People often think one has to be bouncing off the walls to have ADHD, and often that isn’t the case.

So, if you think you have ADHD (that’s at least half of you somalis), join this thread and we can form a safe space for all of us adhd-ers.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Lol I remember back in college I tried to convince my doctor I had ADHD so I can get adderall it didn’t work :mjcry:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Good evening dhamaan waxii fiyow iyo waxii waalan,

Life can be a balancing act for any adult, but if you find yourself constantly late, disorganized, forgetful, and overwhelmed by your responsibilities, congrats you may have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), previously known as ADD.
Its wide variety of frustrating symptoms can hinder everything from your relationships to your career.

People often think one has to be bouncing off the walls to have ADHD, and often that isn’t the case.

So, if you think you have ADHD (that’s at least half of you somalis), join this thread and we can form a safe space for all of us adhd-ers.

Sis everyone is mentally ill but some are more apparent then others. There is high functioning and Low Functioning. They determine it this way. They baseline 'normal' in your society by looking at a sample of 100 in your 'segment' whatever that maybe. They list the characteristics of that group like wakes up in the morning, showers, eats, goes to school or work, has friends, socializes, and 'structured'.

If they find you don't meet one of these criterias, they find the 'diagnostic' manual to group your 'symptoms'. Lots of Somalis are 'anxiety' driven, ADD as their chaotic in cafes which is an attribute, very few psychotic, bipolar I have yet to see one. But most are 'sick' but functioning and concealing it but when u 'observe' their 'daily' routin they fail to meet the 'baseline' for 'normal'. I am high functioning bipolar, I just came to terms that I don't fit the 'normal' criteria, some have yet to 'accept' their something wrong and think their 'normal' but not if they visit 'psycharist' because most Somalis will fail to meet the 'baseline' of normal if observed just for one day their behaviors. They will grade you also as 'severe' or 'mild' depending how it impacts your life. Most are jobless so this could be due to depression which is another big illness in them. The problem with mental illness is their alot of denial but once they test themselves they will find their not in the category of normal as they don't fit the 'diagnostic'

The high divorce rate in Somalis is also another indicator of mental illness because they say their is an attribute where they can't hold a job for long or they can't hold a relationship. It didn't effect me that criteria so i didn't listen much but come to think of it does affect lots of somalis. Its up somalis not me to go check their mental state out and see if they pass for normal

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@XaawoLuul I never knew either about mental illness having 'variations' and 'severity'. U can be looking normal, happy, going to work, but still be mentally ill as there is some characteristic about u that is 'extreme' to one end. That's the best way to put it, they want u 'balanced' as they put it. It's like the quran said 'moderation' and they basically mean your mind needs never been extreme. U must not sit on laptop all day, or watch a movie all day, play a game all day, their has to be some 'variation' or 'balance' ma garatay? anyways they already have the model of normal by finding it in each 'age group and gender' they have separate profiles for 'different cultures' of what their normal is.

Sis basically what they want is this

1. Shower daily
2. Clean your house and clothes weekly
3. Work 8 hours. Take a brea 5 minutes in the hour
4. Do relaxation or meditation(mindfulness)
5. Watch movie but only ONE
6. Spend time with kids or relative or family
7. They hate addictions also even cigarettes, khat, alcohol, they say it can ruin your life

U see structure sis, nidaam bay raban inay ka muuqato. They are lenient and dont expect this EVERY DAY lakin hadi aadan sidasi samaynin for 2 weeks your mentally ill. They even want u to have 'schedule' sis either diary or smart phone app planner and structure your day, and then u have to review at night hadi aad samaysee wixi aad tala gashay.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@XaawoLuul oh yes your emotion stability is another measurement. They know a normal emotion is up and down(normal), not flat(unknown), now low(extreme), not high(extreme). U need to be happy, smiling, bit upset sometimes, bit worried, they want to see fluctation of your emotional state depending on the 'situation' your in, if they see your just 'low' or 'flat' or 'high' they find the diagnostic manual for your condition and begin medication process. They ask u how long has this been and if it's over 2 week, this is a problem and can 'escalate' into 'other' illnesses if u don't stop it now. Way si faafaysa sida civil warka somalia from warlord to shabab to diaspora losers, cudurku meel walbo ayuu gaadhaya hadi aadan ka gaadhin marku yar yahay. It will effect ur work, family, yourself, your networks, your kids, u will start to see 'qaylo' every day kkkkk iyo 'nidaam la'an'

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@XaawoLuul don't worry I never knew about mental illness either untill I had nervous breakdown due to 'work' reason because I work in 'tough' environment that needs to prove 'taxpayer' savings which can mean if a 'govt' is elected or not, marka pressure badan ba ii saarna iyo dadka dhaqankooda halkani waxad uu tahay 'number' your not human being runti. Waad uu hisaabsan tahay. Scientific modelka 'cayaar' ma aha waxayna uu isticmalan si shacabka aysan canshurta jojjin oo la tusiyo fa'ido uu soo noqotay lacagtooda ileen 'fekerkaga ama waxasi qof dhegaysanayo ma jire marki lacag la bixiyo kkkk' so they apply calculations to everything including yourself. Adigu soo ma tihid misaan sida kilo, height, xitaa value baad lee dahay qiimahaga suuqa marki lagu jarjaro kkkk 2 milyan weeye. U r measurable too them xaawo sidasi bay ku arkan adiguna wax kale baad isku aragta kkkkk. Markad hadlaysid waa inaad sheegta fekerkaga iyo 'number' ku dhufata sidu savings uu keenayo. Iyagu savings waxay dhahan kharashad, productivity of workers, process development or gaps, amniga waa mid kale siiba informationka oo sensitive ah

Trending