"Spread of Wahhabism was done at request of West during Cold War – Saudi crown prince"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRACO

VIP
Spread of Wahhabism was done at request of West during Cold War – Saudi crown prince
Published time: 28 Mar, 2018 11:58Edited time: 28 Mar, 2018 12:29
Get short URL
5abb7acbfc7e931e758b4572.jpg

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. © Hamad I Mohammed / Reuters
The Saudi-funded spread of Wahhabism began as a result of Western countries asking Riyadh to help counter the Soviet Union during the Cold War, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman told the Washington Post.
Speaking to the paper, bin Salman said that Saudi Arabia's Western allies urged the country to invest in mosques and madrassas overseas during the Cold War, in an effort to prevent encroachment in Muslim countries by the Soviet Union.

Read more

He added that successive Saudi governments had lost track of that effort, saying "we have to get it all back." Bin Salman also said that funding now comes mostly from Saudi-based "foundations," rather than from the government.

The crown prince’s 75-minute interview with the Washington Post took place on March 22, the final day of his US tour. Another topic of discussion included a previous claim by US media that bin Salman had said that he had White House senior adviser Jared Kushner "in his pocket."

Bin Salman denied reports that when he and Kushner – who is also Donald Trump's son-in-law – met in Riyadh in October, he had sought or received a greenlight from Kushner for the massive crackdown on alleged corruption which led to widespread arrests in the kingdom shortly afterwards. According to bin Salman, the arrests were a domestic issue and had been in the works for years.

He said it would be "really insane" for him to trade classified information with Kushner, or to try to use him to advance Saudi interests within the Trump administration. He stated that their relationship was within a normal governmental context, but did acknowledge that he and Kushner "work together as friends, more than partners." He stated that he also had good relationships with Vice President Mike Pence and others within the White House.

The crown prince also spoke about the war in Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition continues to launch a bombing campaign against Houthi rebels in an attempt to reinstate ousted Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi as president. The conflict has killed thousands, displaced many more, driven the country to the brink of famine, and led to a major cholera outbreak.

Although the coalition has been accused of a large number of civilian deaths and disregard for civilian lives - an accusation which Riyadh denies - the crown prince said his country has not passed up "any opportunity" to improve the humanitarian situation in the country. “There are not good options and bad options. The options are between bad and worse,” he said.

The interview with the crown prince was initially held off the record. However, the Saudi embassy later agreed to led the Washington Post publish specific portions of the meeting.
https://www.rt.com/news/422563-saudi-wahhabism-western-countries/

@Bidaar Wanagsan

Russia is responsible for the spread of homosexuality and AIDS in the USA. The did this to stop the spread of capitalism.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I was suprised by this myself. I knew the Saudi were creating bots everywhere and Saudi slaves by training imams at medina and sending home to begin the friday brainwashing over decades. But I assumed this was to 'empower' themselves by eliminating any potential rivals to rise that may challenge their influence in the region and I thought they were worried if a second avenue existed, the west may just tell them to piss off and build those other guys.

But if the whole region is busy with god and hating 'kuffar' then there is no-way the west can operate there or develop ties, hence their only logical option is Saudi Arabia in that region and Saudi have the 'edge' in this relationship and the west is pretty much hostage due to the oil dependence.

But I knew it was a sham and wahabism was purely politically focussed cause if your teaching the muslim world to hate kuffar, the saudis need to take the lead, but we clearly don't see that there. Their signing beautiful deals and weaponry and keeping americans real close to them while their telling the poorer muslim countries to hate the west? That's when I knew it was politically motivated just that very fact, sealed it for me.

It explains why the Saudis spread their poison to the Muslim world, but not why they had Wahabbism in their own country. MSB has a habit of blaming other countries for his own nation's extremism. The US was motivated by Cold War politics, and the Saudis wanted influence over the Ummah. It's why everybody's heard of morons like Ibn Baz who called for the execution of Muslims who said the sun does not orbit the earth, but not scholars like Muhammad Abdu.

MSB also blamed the Iranian revolution for Saudi extremism. As if KSA was secular before 1979. The only people to blame is Muhammad Abdul Wahab and other Salafi retards.

Still, MSB deserves credit for turning against those ragheads and modernizing the country. If he continues to marginalize the Saudi clergy and open up the country, he will go down as the greatest Saudi monarch.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Saudis have clearly the edge, cause they can secure new military equipments from anywhere in the world they so seek. They have money and every country accepts that. The west however are very dependent on the mid-east oil and it wud be a huge blow if removed from the customer base.

Can you imagine what would happen? the current oil reserves around the world would be burdened with huge demand from all these western countries trying to survive, this would mean those other countries who have oil would UP the price heavily as they know there is now a global shortage. It's similar to when two nomads fight over a water well, once you destroy one well, the burden on the other water well is going to be huge. So this will leave the west with one huge problem? do you know how much those guys need to power their economy? it's massiveeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it ain't some small 3rd world country with a smaller consumption rate, these guys must be drinking heaps of that black shit.

So even if the world returns to the non middle eastern oil sources, it's not gonna last long especially when you consider the huge demand in consumption that will come from those western countries flocking to the last remaining oil reserves they can access. Then there is the issue of the oil grade and quality, it's a frickin nightmare for them, but not so much saudi arabia, yes they will lose customers and money from oil sales, but they can sell it to non-western countries with huge consumption rates. Both will hurt but the West collapses there is no question there, the pain will be felt far more on their side as they enter the dark ages pretty much and lose the ability to defend themselves as all their military is dependent on the black stuff.

Saudis have clearly the edge, cause they can secure new military equipments from anywhere in the world they so seek. They have money and every country accepts that. The west however are very dependent on the mid-east oil and it wud be a huge blow if removed from the customer base.

Can you imagine what would happen? the current oil reserves around the world would be burdened with huge demand from all these western countries trying to survive, this would mean those other countries who have oil would UP the price heavily as they know there is now a global shortage. It's similar to when two nomads fight over a water well, once you destroy one well, the burden on the other water well is going to be huge. So this will leave the west with one huge problem? do you know how much those guys need to power their economy? it's massiveeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it ain't some small 3rd world country with a smaller consumption rate, these guys must be drinking heaps of that black shit.

So even if the world returns to the non middle eastern oil sources, it's not gonna last long especially when you consider the huge demand in consumption that will come from those western countries flocking to the last remaining oil reserves they can access. Then there is the issue of the oil grade and quality, it's a frickin nightmare for them, but not so much saudi arabia, yes they will lose customers and money from oil sales, but they can sell it to non-western countries with huge consumption rates. Both will hurt but the West collapses there is no question there, the pain will be felt far more on their side as they enter the dark ages pretty much and lose the ability to defend themselves as all their military is dependent on the black stuff.
That's why we've gotta switch to clean energy. An end to fossil fuels will bankrupt them. We can subsidize electric cars, renewable energy, ethanol, etc. We have to put these suckers out of business. They'll go back to the desert in no time.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It explains why the Saudis spread their poison to the Muslim world, but not why they had Wahabbism in their own country. MSB has a habit of blaming other countries for his own nation's extremism. The US was motivated by Cold War politics, and the Saudis wanted influence over the Ummah. It's why everybody's heard of morons like Ibn Baz who called for the execution of Muslims who said the sun does not orbit the earth, but not scholars like Muhammad Abdu.

MSB also blamed the Iranian revolution for Saudi extremism. As if KSA was secular before 1979. The only people to blame is Muhammad Abdul Wahab and other Salafi retards.

Still, MSB deserves credit for turning against those ragheads and modernizing the country. If he continues to marginalize the Saudi clergy and open up the country, he will go down as the greatest Saudi monarch.

Yo don't worry about MSB he does contradict himself, I know he blamed Iran and Now the West. The dude knows Saudis want's influence over the muslim world and use religion to achieve that while injecting saudi interests in between the pages of the quran. He wants to remain the sole leader of islamic affairs but it's sad the clowns in the muslim world buy into this politically charged I want power and influence and will use god to achieve it crap.

There is this verse in the quran that says christian monks sold their religion for a few pennies, we can say the same of wahabism who sold it for a few pennies and power agendas. Can you imagine how fucked that is? using god to achieve worldly gains of dominating other people cause that's all they talk about is dominating others, it's never about god or anything they use god and then inject i want to dominate you so it's using god to achieve their ultimate goal of dominating!!! Don't worry about em till they actually make a serious move, I don't think the west is really concerned. Serious moves aren't going to russia and shit sxb that's just CLOWNING and trying to get them to bite. Real moves are seeing saudi investors start getting out of the wall street and their business ties in the country. You seriously think if they went to Russia as their new ally, they wud stink around a sinking ship in the states where all the companies will go into power outages looooooool. Man they have an obligation to tell their billionaires, start selling ya stock boys and if the west sees that happening, then the shit got real, till then their bluffing

Yo don't worry about MSB he does contradict himself, I know he blamed Iran and Now the West. The dude knows Saudis want's influence over the muslim world and use religion to achieve that while injecting saudi interests in between the pages of the quran. He wants to remain the sole leader of islamic affairs but it's sad the clowns in the muslim world buy into this politically charged I want power and influence and will use god to achieve it crap.

There is this verse in the quran that says christian monks sold their religion for a few pennies, we can say the same of wahabism who sold it for a few pennies and power agendas. Can you imagine how fucked that is? using god to achieve worldly gains of dominating other people cause that's all they talk about is dominating others, it's never about god or anything they use god and then inject i want to dominate you so it's using god to achieve their ultimate goal of dominating!!! Don't worry about em till they actually make a serious move, I don't think the west is really concerned. Serious moves aren't going to russia and shit sxb that's just CLOWNING and trying to get them to bite. Real moves are seeing saudi investors start getting out of the wall street and their business ties in the country. You seriously think if they went to Russia as their new ally, they wud stink around a sinking ship in the states where all the companies will go into power outages looooooool. Man they have an obligation to tell their billionaires, start selling ya stock boys and if the west sees that happening, then the shit got real, till then their bluffing
Talking about Russia, did you see the Islamic conference Putin organized in Chechnya? All the leading Muslim scholars of the world turned up and they denounced Wahabbiya. The Saudis were not invited. The Mufti of Al-Azhar blasted them for promulgating their satanic cult. It was a day to remember.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Talking about Russia, did you see the Islamic conference Putin organized in Chechnya? All the leading Muslim scholars of the world turned up and they denounced Wahabbiya. The Saudis were not invited. The Mufti of Al-Azhar blasted them for promulgating their satanic cult. It was a day to remember.

Yeah I remember it, I didn't watch it though cause I think it was not english from memory.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
What would be International/Saudi/Arab reaction if Somalia was to force shiekhs be state-sanctioned with education certificates and licenses to preach in mosques and replacing Wahhabism with something that works for and uplifts Somalia ?

What would be International/Saudi/Arab reaction if Somalia was to force shiekhs be state-sanctioned with education certificates and licenses to preach in mosques and replacing Wahhabism with something that works for and uplifts Somalia ?
It should be illegal to preach without a government license. All sermons should be pre-approved by the ministry of religious affairs. And all teaching materials too. In Egypt they're clearing out all extremist textbooks from the masjids. We should ban all theocratic books that go against human rights and freedom. Especially anything to do with Ibn Taymiyyah, Muhammad Abdul Wahab, Ibn Baz, and other far-right Wahabbi sheikhs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending