Spanish aid volunteer abused online for hugging Senegalese migrant in Ceuta

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Red Cross volunteer Luna Reyes has had to set her social media accounts to private after she received a torrent of abuse following footage of her tenderly consoling a Senegalese man who had just stepped foot in Spain's north African enclave of Ceuta going viral on social media. But as news spread of the abuse, the internet began fighting back, with messages hailing the humanity of the moment soon beginning to pour in, sending the hashtag #GraciasLuna trending in Spain

TekNiKo

โ€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I can understand the sentiment. Imagine if thousands of Africans flock to your country every single week. Africans really need to find a solution to their problems instead of fleeing to Europe

I can understand the sentiment. Imagine if thousands of Africans flock to your country every single week. Africans really need to find a solution to their problems instead of fleeing to Europe

Ceuta isnt even in spain , its in africa lmao. If these colonziers didnt pillage and rape the world , perhaps these countries wouldnt be so fucked.

everyone running to the white mans country. we gotta learn from our humiliation and make sure that the future generation don't have to tahrib.

Incredibly saddening state. Mere decades ago Africans fought for independence & the ability to lead our own, now the youth risk their lives running to the same people that once terrorized them for a better shot at life. I sometimes wonder why the corrupt leaders don't feel the slightest bit of shame :meleshame:

Trending