South Sudan International Airport Juba is flooded đź’€

How can you be a failed state when you got oil @Nilotic

How are all the other states with oil and mineral wealth also failed States?

We're not exporting much oil at the moment; the South Sudanese civil war has significantly reduced the amount that we're exporting.

We're likely paying the most expensive transit fees in the world because our oil passes through the North.

their GDP per capita is close to Tanzania, they are richer than Ethiopia, Eritrea and many others
They are ranked at 166 out of 190.

You have to be very careful with some of those figures; South Sudanese are significantly poorer than Tanzanians -- GDP per capita figures notwithstanding.

Was the oil pipeline already constructed before the south sudanese independence?

Yes, it's the same pipeline; we really should have constructed an alternative pipeline through Kenya in the Interim Period, but those death-deserving morons in Juba decided to steal $20 billion instead...

..Things would have been a lot different if Dr. John Garang hadn't died in suspicious circumstances just two weeks after we signed the Peace Agreement with the North.

The vast majority of our oil hasn't even been brought online yet; the largest Blocks (Block B & E) will significantly increase our oil reserves and production once they come online.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
You have to be very careful with some of those figures; South Sudanese are significantly poorer than Tanzanians -- GDP per capita figures notwithstanding.
I know, but this means that the country has more income (1007 per capita) in relation to its population than Ethiopia (925 per capita) and that the S Sudanese officials are very much corrupt.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
their GDP per capita is close to Tanzania, they are richer than Ethiopia, Eritrea and many others
They are ranked at 166 out of 190.
South Sudan has the second lowest GDP per capita in the world?

All the countries you named rank higher. Plus GDP per capita is the most r3tarded measure of wealth. South Sudan is virtually rock bottom in HDI, median income and PPP

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
South Sudan has the second lowest GDP per capita in the world?

All the countries you named rank higher. Plus GDP per capita is the most r3tarded measure of wealth. South Sudan is virtually rock bottom in HDI, median income and PPP
can you provide me with their GDP? :jaynerd:

I know, but this means that the country has more income (1007 per capita) in relation to its population than Ethiopia (925 per capita) and that the S Sudanese officials are very much corrupt.

I know what you're saying but that metric doesn't work.

Using that same (flawed metric) Equatorial Guinea is one of the most richest Countries in Africa and its people are relatively well off.

The civil war that broke out at the end of 2013 essentially destroyed all the economic strides we made after 2005.

We will turn things around.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yes, it's the same pipeline; we really should have constructed an alternative pipeline through Kenya in the Interim Period, but those death-deserving morons in Juba decided to steal $20 billion instead...

..Things would have been a lot different if Dr. John Garang hadn't died in suspicious circumstances just two weeks after we signed the Peace Agreement with the North.

The vast majority of our oil hasn't even been brought online yet; the largest Blocks (Block B & E) will significantly increase our oil reserves and production once they come online.
say wallahi they stole $20 billion or are you exaggerating.

$20 billion is a lot a lot. Like an insane amount lmao that’s next level greed.

I get embezzling a couple million, f*ck it, even a 100 million if you’re feeling extra greedy. But BILLIONS??

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The civil war that broke out at the end of 2013 essentially destroyed all the economic strides we made after 2005.

We will turn things around.
inshallah, South Sudan and Somalia gon make it out the muds one day.

Call me optimistic but it’s not too far away. I feel like I’ll see it in my lifetime.

Idk about you, you’re lowkey an odey.