South Korea is doomed

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
South Korea will fall in relevancy in the next 30 years. Its population is predicted to halve by 2100. It has an extremely low fertility, 0.8 kids per woman the lowest TFR in the world. Grim reality for them.

When looking at declining population and fertility, we need to note that population is also becoming much older. Young people are going to vanish from South Korea.

Similar fate awaits Europe and China, they are not safe from the population collapse and vastly older society.

Most of the european countries have been saved from this fate by massive immigration but in the end

https://twitter.com/phl43/status/1566408711547101185?s=46&t=8SMrnOtnNaorM4lMcCmFNw

Most of these countries will not suddenly collapse to anarchy but their economy will be in the gutter.

https://twitter.com/hominemdad/status/1566451625912582147?s=46&t=8SMrnOtnNaorM4lMcCmFNw

Have you guys seen the effects of older / declining populations? I have.

Low fertility will probably be present in all countries in the world in the next 50 years.

@GemState @Chaseyourdreamzz @anon2 @World @Reformed J @Aurelian

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Europe will depopulate rapidly, especially eastern europeans, mediterranians and baltics. Wee dukooween kkkk

A good thread

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
So, what do you think is the main reason for lowered birth rates?

Decreased fertility rate is caused by multitudes of reasons but the for me the biggest are these in no order.

1. Culture ( I have added lack of religion in this)

2. Female empowerement

3. Economy ( Includes the countries state)

These 3 all influence each other.

Womens empowerement / education lowers fertility as they get to choose how many children they want. As we can see, the countries with the highest fertility like ours womens empowerement doesn’t exist. Also the economy in these countries are bad, so people rely on their kids for help. Add in the fact that the culture strongly dictates that children is a must, you get a population that is growing fast.

I forgot to add the role of health, people have a lot of children because a lot of the children don’t survive. When healthcare is fixed, you get a rapidly expanding population.

However, if female empowerement / education was the single reason for lower fertility, Israels fertility rate wouldn’t be 3 kids per woman. Israel is also a developed place so you would think women would not need children rely on them. False. Here is when culture and religion comes in.

If the population is highly religious and the culture is very family oriented, the people / women will have kids. This is not the case in individualistic sociesties in the west that are not family oriented but the thing is, families get a lot of support in these countries.

In Asia the culture is family orientated, but in East Asia, the economy does not favour having multiple kids. The state of these countries here is so crushing that they have nuked their own fertility rates.

The main reasons for low fertility is low religiosity, culture that is not family orientated and an economy that disadvantages couples with multiple children. Female empowerement / education will lower fertility but not kill it at all. Look at Israel.

GemState

36/21
VIP
So, what do you think is the main reason for lowered birth rates?
In the West it's socioeconomic incentives to delay childbearing; a decline in the desired number of children; and institutional factors, such as labor market rigidities, lack of child care, and changing gender roles.

A quick decline after 2015 in fertility happened in many completely different settings though, often after many years of stability or only very slow decline. A non-exhaustive list: Argentina, Azerbaijan, Chile, China, Egypt, Iran, Mexico, Peru, Russia, South Korea Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay.
If there is any explanation, it must either be a global one, or a coincidence of many different factors happening in different places at the same time.

My guess is widespread smartphone adaption even among the middle and lower middle classes around the world. However I wouldn't dismiss local factors like the great awokening in the Anglosphere, or the oil price collapse in the Middle East (that disenchanted the wonderlands of the Gulf countries and associated Islamic conservatism) either

A mix of Capitalism ,but mainly feminism & liberalism :dead:
I knew it that would be the answer, but Korea doesn’t have that “feminism” like movement in the west and still a “patriarchal” society. In “South Korea”, there are many factors especially in the work culture and rising in the cost of living for both men and women. Unlike the past and due to advances in medicine, life expectancy is longer and children are less likely to die at a younger age. Korea needs to “take care” of working women needs when they are involved in pregnancies and child care in terms of maternity leave and day cares instead of wiping women’s rights away. And children with educated and working mothers are most likely to succeed in life proved by studies and “I have seen that personally IRL”

Last edited:
Decreased fertility rate is caused by multitudes of reasons but the for me the biggest are these in no order.

1. Culture ( I have added lack of religion in this)

2. Female empowerement

3. Economy ( Includes the countries state)

These 3 all influence each other.

Womens empowerement / education lowers fertility as they get to choose how many children they want. As we can see, the countries with the highest fertility like ours womens empowerement doesn’t exist. Also the economy in these countries are bad, so people rely on their kids for help. Add in the fact that the culture strongly dictates that children is a must, you get a population that is growing fast.

I forgot to add the role of health, people have a lot of children because a lot of the children don’t survive. When healthcare is fixed, you get a rapidly expanding population.

However, if female empowerement / education was the single reason for lower fertility, Israels fertility rate wouldn’t be 3 kids per woman. Israel is also a developed place so you would think women would not need children rely on them. False. Here is when culture and religion comes in.

If the population is highly religious and the culture is very family oriented, the people / women will have kids. This is not the case in individualistic sociesties in the west that are not family oriented but the thing is, families get a lot of support in these countries.

In Asia the culture is family orientated, but in East Asia, the economy does not favour having multiple kids. The state of these countries here is so crushing that they have nuked their own fertility rates.

The main reasons for low fertility is low religiosity, culture that is not family orientated and an economy that disadvantages couples with multiple children. Female empowerement / education will lower fertility but not kill it at all. Look at Israel.
Don’t forget that the average white man in the west also also delays having children in the west and some of them even choose not to have children like women. I agree there is this some hostility towards having children (advertised by the media) in the west but also you have the fertility business on the rise and also there is the advances of research in the “fertility” research which wouldn’t go away anytime soon. Still a lot of people want to have children. The media and government will have to advertise and soften people’s views on having children and come up with good policies and regulations towards maternity leaves and day cares.

And yall thought that Kim was losing the battle of the Koreas. The north was just playing the long game

kim jong un GIF

Anyway the South Korean government needs to start putting something in the water or they will have to import some Mamadous and Obafemis to pick up the slack coz it's clear their men aren't pulling their weight.

You Can Do It GIF by Shaka

And yall thought that Kim was losing the battle of the Koreas. The north was just playing the long game

kim jong un GIF

Anyway the South Korean government needs to start putting something in the water or they will have to import some Mamadous and Obafemis to pick up the slack coz it's clear their men aren't pulling their weight.

So? They are dying from poverty and diseases.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
In the West it's socioeconomic incentives to delay childbearing; a decline in the desired number of children; and institutional factors, such as labor market rigidities, lack of child care, and changing gender roles.

A quick decline after 2015 in fertility happened in many completely different settings though, often after many years of stability or only very slow decline. A non-exhaustive list: Argentina, Azerbaijan, Chile, China, Egypt, Iran, Mexico, Peru, Russia, South Korea Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay.
If there is any explanation, it must either be a global one, or a coincidence of many different factors happening in different places at the same time.

My guess is widespread smartphone adaption even among the middle and lower middle classes around the world. However I wouldn't dismiss local factors like the great awokening in the Anglosphere, or the oil price collapse in the Middle East (that disenchanted the wonderlands of the Gulf countries and associated Islamic conservatism) either

Smartphone adaption seems to be thing that correlates with the post 2015 fertility decline but why? Haven’t seen a good answer.

Laagite

الداروودي

kim jong un GIF

North Korea deals with famines every few decades, they're an absolute failed state held together by Chinese aid and slave labor in Qatar.

World

VIP
South Korea will fall in relevancy in the next 30 years. Its population is predicted to halve by 2100. It has an extremely low fertility, 0.8 kids per woman the lowest TFR in the world. Grim reality for them.

When looking at declining population and fertility, we need to note that population is also becoming much older. Young people are going to vanish from South Korea.

Similar fate awaits Europe and China, they are not safe from the population collapse and vastly older society.

Most of the european countries have been saved from this fate by massive immigration but in the end

https://twitter.com/phl43/status/1566408711547101185?s=46&t=8SMrnOtnNaorM4lMcCmFNw

Most of these countries will not suddenly collapse to anarchy but their economy will be in the gutter.

https://twitter.com/hominemdad/status/1566451625912582147?s=46&t=8SMrnOtnNaorM4lMcCmFNw

Have you guys seen the effects of older / declining populations? I have.

Low fertility will probably be present in all countries in the world in the next 50 years.

@GemState @Chaseyourdreamzz @anon2 @World @Reformed J @Aurelian
I think population crash isn’t a bad thing. This capitalist idea of infinite growth economically and population wise, isn’t sustainable for our planet. Those that are left in Korea when population stabilises will have a higher standard of living and be better off.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Demographics is destiny South Korea had a fertility rate of 1.8 back in the 80s crazy enough this is decades in the making @El Nino

They were doing ok with that fertility rate because most of the populations was relatively young. Decades of low fertility has made South Korea older by giving birth to less young people. These guys are screwe

I think population crash isn’t a bad thing. This capitalist idea of infinite growth economically and population wise, isn’t sustainable for our planet. Those that are left in Korea when population stabilises will have a higher standard of living and be better off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Capitalism, capitalism and more capitalism.

In an age in which two parent households are struggling to pay energy bills and nursery fees are also astronomical, what do you expect? The religion point is also an incredibly important one. Muslims who find themselves in that situation, will still try and have kids as they'll put their trust in Allah. If you have no religion, who do you put your trust in? Certainly not the economy and definitely not the government.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

You niggas are using too many big words. Mothafuckas are just too poor and worked like dogs to be porkin' out kids:

Simple as.