SOOMAALI and OROMOO SAME SAME

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Feel like @6:50 she missed a chance to say the Somali sentence like "Sagaal ilmo be qabta" which is very close to the Oromo "Ilmaani sagalii qabdi". It's too bad their language lost consonants like xa, ca and kha like Af-Maay did but unlike Canfar and Rendille or it would probably seem even more similar to Somali. Lots and lots of cognates with Afaan Oromoo:

0oMym2H.png

Apollo

VIP
Cushitic is old as f*ck.

People often think it is like Germanic or Romance which both expanded roughly ~2,000 years ago and show way more similarity.

The various Cushitic languages are more like how Welsh, Polish, Albanian, Greek, Armenian relate to each other etc., barely any similarities besides super ancient basic words.

Afro-Asiatic is also barely a language family. It is more like Uralic and Indo-European being put in the same language family with only slightly more evidence for it.

Somali is a de facto language isolate with no real close cousins (those nearly extinct laangaabs and Oromo don't count).

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Cushitic is old as f*ck.

People often think it is like Germanic or Romance which both expanded roughly ~2,000 years ago and show way more similarity.

The various Cushitic languages are more like how Welsh, Polish, Albanian, Greek, Armenian relate to each other etc., barely any similarities besides super ancient basic words.

Afro-Asiatic is also barely a language family. It is more like Uralic and Indo-European being put in the same language family with only slightly more evidence for it.

Somali is a de facto language isolate with no real close cousins (those nearly extinct laangaabs and Oromo don't count).

This nigga out here reinventing the wheel.

:pachah1:

As someone who's looked into AA sufficiently themselves and has listened to linguists drone on about it for centuries... I have to say what you claim is factually incorrect. It is 100% a legitimate language family, walaal. There is no controversy whatsoever about its legitimacy. This is not Nilo-Saharan. And Cushitic isn't that old. Yes, it's not comparable to baby language branches in Indo-European like Germanic which existed in its proto-form like 2,000 years ago but Proto-East Cushitic isn't even as old as the Kingdom of Kerma and Somali and Oromo were basically one language to somewhat notably differentiated dialects when this kingdom existed:

And the similarities with many other Cushitic languages in general is very evident despite the branch's age. Everything from sentence structure to the overall flow to much of the phonology to more cognates than you can count like I display above with the numerals.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
@Shimbiris

If you want to geek out, there is a community of nerds who make their own conlangs. Nobody has yet made a Cushitic conlang before:

Even if nobody uses it, lol, you still can claim to be the first to have made such a thing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But thanks. You know if the Horn ever united we should probably adopt a random and small group's Cushitic language or create a hybrid tongue between Ethiosemitic and Cushitic grafted off something like Hadiya and Gurage. All the big ethnic groups can't complain, lol.

Apollo

VIP
I will create a mix of Beja, Somali (Cushitic royalty as these produced the most civilized Cushites) with many Ge'ez, Farsi and Hindi loans alongside Arabic ones and call it "Cushitic city speak".

If somebody seriously attempts it. I recommend using only real Cushitic words and somehow be creative from base roots with more advanced words.

Example from Esperanto:

Hospital: Malsanulejo

mal- (“opposite of”)
sana (“healthy”)
-ulo (“person”)

malsanulo (“sick person”)

-ejo (“place”)

Pretty cool shit. I can't believe they aren't doing this with Somali instead of destroying the language with English and Arabic loanwords.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
If somebody seriously attempts it. I recommend using only real Cushitic words and somehow be creative from base roots with more advanced words.

Example from Esperanto:

mal- (“opposite of”)
sana (“healthy”)
-ulo (“person”)

-ejo (“place”)

Pretty cool shit. I can't believe they aren't doing this with Somali instead of destroying the language with English and Arabic loanwords.
Wow, that's dope. Soomaali should 100% do this. I don't mind Arabic loans too much since it's part of our culture, religion and history but we should probably cap the Arabic loans at where they are now. It's more than enough. Khalas, I will try to push this along with the Arabic script when I head back home in a year or so.

Example from Esperanto:

mal- (“opposite of”)
sana (“healthy”)
-ulo (“person”)

-ejo (“place”)

We Are Arabs

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
We Are Arabs
*rips off your full lips, tears away your soft curls and removes your convex 5head with all the melancholy of a funeral proceeding*

You're done. I've torn up your Soomaali Basaboor as well. Enjoy Comoros or whatever Arab country will give you citizenship, my nigga.

*rips off your full lips, tears away your soft curls and removes your convex 5head with all the melancholy of a funeral proceeding*

You're done. I've torn up your Soomaali Basaboor as well. Enjoy Comoros or whatever Arab country will give you citizenship, my nigga.
My Family Denoced The Somali Republic In 75 So We Have Never Had Any Baasboor I Will Return to The Homeland And Arabic Will Be The New Lingua Franca

:shaq: :westbrookswag: :rejoice::rejoice::mjohreally:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
My Family Denoced The Somali Republic In 75 So We Have Never Had Any Baasboor I Will Return to The Homeland And Arabic Will Be The New Lingua Franca

:shaq: :westbrookswag: :rejoice::rejoice::mjohreally:
*Bans your family from the valley and confiscates all those horses you always be on about*

Just out of disrespect I'm also going to eat your horses, nigga. I'm gonna fly in some Kazakhs to teach me how to make horse steak:

*Bans your family from the valley and confiscates all those horses you always be on about*

Just out of disrespect I'm also going to eat your horses, nigga. I'm gonna fly in some Kazakhs to teach me how to make horse steak:

I Will Kill A Camel While Your Beloved Abwaans Watches Then I Will Go Up Those Mountains With My Trusted Steed And Pacify It and Make Them Loyal Subjects To Us The Arabian Lords

:shaq: :mjohreally::banderas:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I Will Kill A Camel While Your Beloved Abwaans Watches Then I Will Go Up Those Mountains With My Trusted Steed And Pacify It and Make Them Loyal Subjects To Us The Arabian Lords

:shaq: :mjohreally::banderas:
Bismillah. I'm just talking about eating livestock and cancelling passports and this saaxiib on about overlording and pacifying.

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

@6:45 the Somali guy tells the Canfar dude he wants to marry an Canfar girl and the Canfar guy says he'll hook him up.

:damn: :damn: :russ:

Canfar bro speaks good Soomaali, wallahi.

Last edited:

Trending