Sometimes when you argue, u need FACTS back up

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I was arguing with a friend about the wisdom of Praying Salat with your shoes on. Intuitively, i always thought this is bad. You need to remove your shoes. Even if u r praying on a non prayer mat, praying on dirt or cement.

Surah Ta ha

Verse 12. Prophet Musa pbuh sees a fire in a bush. He goes there and God speaks to him. Musa pbuh is asked to remove his shoes even though the bush ground is dirt. He is informed you are in a sacred place. This is when God swt instructs Musa pbuh to go to Fir'oun and save the enslaved Israelites. When we start prayers, we are in a sacred state before God swt whom we are Worshiping. Yes, REMOVE YOUR SHOES!!

Side notes: It is soooooo Endearing how Allaah swt calls Musa pbuh "Oh Musa" or "Yaaa Musa" there is an affectionate tone in that which is soooooooo sweeett.

Last edited:

mrlog

VIP
I was arguing with a friend about the wisdom of Praying Salat with your shoes on. Intuitively, i always thought this is bad. You need to remove your shoes. Even if u r praying on a non prayer mat, praying on dirt or cement.

Surah Ta ha

Verse 12. Prophet Musa pbuh sees a fire in a bush. He goes there and God speaks to him. Musa pbuh is asked to remove his shoes even though the bush ground is dirt. He is informed you are in a sacred place. This is when God swt instructs Musa pbuh to go to Fir'oun and save the enslaved Israelites. When we start prayers, we are in a sacred state before God swt whom we are Worshiping. Yes, REMOVE YOUR SHOES!!

Side notes: It is soooooo Endearing how Allaah swt calls Musa pbuh "Oh Musa" or "Yaaa Musa" there is an affectionate tone in that which is soooooooo sweeett.

I usually get goosebumps when I listen to this Sura

I've heard scholars say that the Prophet (SAWS) instructed us to pray with shoes on, to be different from the jews. However the were other times when the Prophet (SAWS) prayed without shoes.
So it's not obligatory to pray with shoes.

Nowadays it's custom because it's easier to keep the masjid carpets clean.

and Allah Knows Best

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I've heard scholars say that the Prophet (SAWS) instructed us to pray with shoes on, to be different from the jews. However the were other times when the Prophet (SAWS) prayed without shoes.
So it's not obligatory to pray with shoes.

Nowadays it's custom because it's easier to keep the masjid carpets clean.

and Allah Knows Best

People can what they want to do. Our prayers come with INTETIONS & RITUALS

My intentions are to make my prayers acceptable by removing my shoes because i am standing before God swt. which is sacred. Allaahu Yaclum