Some serious dilemma

Guys.. I have this older family members who are pushing me to invest every cent I earn into buying lands and homes in Somalia.. Mind you I grew up in Scandinavia and I pretty much feel home here.. If I use all my hard earned money to build a house in Somalia there's no chance of me actually living there since my whole life is here.. Anyway the older folks have this illusion of one day going back home but this dream of them doing this is actually getting far removed for each year they spend abroad. 30 years gone and their bags are still packed, they live here but at the same they don't. As I see it since my life is here I rather prefer investing the bulk of my money here and if there's some surplus I don't mind investing it in Somalia.. Should I feel guilty for having this kinda mentality? Do you guys feel the same about older generation pushing their dreams onto you and making it harder for you to achieve your own goals?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Guys.. I have this older family members who are pushing me to invest every cent I earn into buying lands and homes in Somalia.. Mind you I grew up in Scandinavia and I pretty much feel home here.. If I use all my hard earned money to build a house in Somalia there's no chance of me actually living there since my whole life is here.. Anyway the older folks have this illusion of one day going back home but this dream of them doing this is actually getting far removed for each year they spend abroad. 30 years gone and their bags are still packed, they live here but at the same they don't. As I see it since my life is here I rather prefer investing the bulk of my money here and if there's some surplus I don't mind investing it in Somalia.. Should I feel guilty for having this kinda mentality? Do you guys feel the same about older generation pushing their dreams onto you and making it harder for you to achieve your own goals?

Its the myth of return. Many go back and forth for vacation but few relocate permenantly.

Give them a little bit of money and tell them that's all you have.

Or just straight up say no.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Take the advice and invest. If nothing else you have a nice sunny place to retire and by that time it’ll be more functional. This isn’t your country while that is.

Take the advice and invest. If nothing else you have a nice sunny place to retire and by that time it’ll be more functional. This isn’t your country while that is.
Truth be told, I know this country better than Somalia.. Beside once I get old and retire insha Allah I'll have enough money to buy a house if invest my money correctly here in this country.

Its the myth of return. Many go back and forth for vacation but few relocate permenantly.
Yeah this is what I notice too basically they go there for a vacation and get back again.. What's the meaning of building a house when you only visit the place once a year for a couple of weeks.. Also this mentality of never feeling home in where you live is unhealthy.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
My mum is like that. Wants me full time in uni but also paying her every month to not only invest but build a house. When I was working half my paychecks would go to her aswell.

It's hard setting boundaries with somali parents they either call you caasi or In my case complain to her sister who gives me a long winded lecture about how good investing is till I cave in.

I'm thinking of changing my ticket for the 3rd time so I don't have to deal with all that lol.

My mum is like that. Wants me full time in uni but also paying her every month to not only invest but build a house. When I was working half my paychecks would go to her aswell.

It's hard setting boundaries with somali parents they either call you caasi or In my case complain to her sister who gives me a long winded lecture about how good investing is till I cave in.

I'm thinking of changing my ticket for the 3rd time so I don't have to deal with all that lol.
What in the hell? My mom doesn't make me do any of that.

She does want me to build her a house in Xamar, but after I graduate college and I make good money. She's understanding.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
What in the hell? My mom doesn't make me do any of that.

She does want me to build her a house in Xamar, but after I graduate college and I make good money. She's understanding.
You're lucky then, plus you're still young. The mums are usually more demanding with their daughters, my mum is not nearly as demanding with my brothers as she is with me.:francis:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Can you convince to invest in a Islamic fund instead of well... A lawless fail state?

If they really wanted to move back they would of done it themselves and by themselves.
Though I understand your life is here you should invest back home for your future.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yeah this is what I notice too basically they go there for a vacation and get back again.. What's the meaning of building a house when you only visit the place once a year for a couple of weeks.. Also this mentality of never feeling home in where you live is unhealthy.

Some ajnabis have vacation homes. Its a similar concept.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
You shouldn’t feel guilty you and a person from somalia only have one thing in common, and that’s being somali. If you were raised in Scandinavia and you enjoy living there then don’t let some old heads choose where your going to reside. If you use all your money to build back home your most likely going to live there otherwise invest where you want. My dad tries to do the same but when he has this discussion with me I try to change the subject as much as I can.

You never know what could happen in the future sxb. After all, the place you call home still belongs to these filthy gaalos. Its nice to have something to fall back on

You never know what could happen in the future sxb. After all, the place you call home still belongs to these filthy gaalos. Its nice to have something to fall back on
I still feel home here no matter what happens, beside I'm a citizen of this country not Somalia.. If anything happens I'll stay and fight until the last breath, I won't run anywhere.

Trending