Somaliweyn ideology is toxic

As much as I want all regions that are ethnically Somali to unite, its not realistic. It's what got us in this mess in the first place and this will only hold us back even more. The only region I think will have success suceeding is Somali Galbeed but it won't join Somalia anytime soon due to the state it's in right now

As much as I want all regions that are ethnically Somali to unite, its not realistic. It's what got us in this mess in the first place and this will only hold us back even more. The only region I think will have success suceeding is Somali Galbeed but it won't join Somalia anytime soon due to the state it's in right now
We own it all man just accept the facts
giphy.gif

Maybe Somalis are not ideologically innocent anymore

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Somalis that still believe in somaliweyne are retarted immagine screaming somaliweye while you have kenya and ethiopia military in your land. Look at turkey they could not even take cyprus island because of the UN and their military is strong. so you are crazy if you think the UN will allow somalia to take the territory

If the ideology of Great Somalia is toxic, then we should change the name of the country and the constitution that was implemented in 1960. Some of the articles in 1960 is still present in the current constitution like the article that says that any Somali from Western Somalia, Djibouti, and Southern Somalia (Maandheera) has the right to aquire citizenship and to vote.

Furthermore, if Somaliweyn (Great Somalia) is toxic then, we should acknowledge that Western Somalia and Maandheera is not a Somaliland.

giphy.gif

But I see the point that previous posters are making. We should focus on unifying the country and sitting down with Somaliland with open heart and mind. First let's capture Morgan and give blood money to the families that the previous Somali government has killed via Air and ground.

And as for the three missing Somali territories, we should advocate for it through diplomacy and not with violence and gun.

PS: Worst case if diplomacy doesn't work, then we should ask all Somali citizens from Somali Galbeed, Djibouti and Maandheera to be resettled inside Somalia just Like Israel is doing. We are better than Jews, we are Muslims

Somaliweyn should be nipped in the bud. Somalia should only concerns itself with the fate of the people in its own borders (truth is even this is a monumental task for any somali gov), and kenyan/ethiopian somalis should find a way to make it in their respective countries. Kenyan somalis are already 100% there anyway.

Somaliweyn didn’t get us in this mess what got us in this mess was the greedy fucks Siad Barre, Aidid and Ali Mahdi who destroyed their country in the 90s so they could be President. Virtually everyone knows somaliweyn was a pipe dream.

Its not toxic but we went about it the wrong way. Siad Barre shouodve focused on industrializing the nation. Imagine if he focused on economic development until 1991 when Ethiopia had a civil war?

We need to focus on economic development, Somaliweyn is alive and thriving. As the Somali population rapidly expands to ~50million over the next 30 years we will become a stronger force in the horn.

Over those years we need to focus on educating the future populace.

Som

VIP
What got us into the mess isn't Somaliweyn. It's tribalism and stupidity.
If the rebels decided to act like civil people and form a government in 1991-1992 , we would have a united stable Somalia. Probably not rich, not powerful but certainly not in chaos.
As for the 1977 war we went to try to help our people who were being oppressed by habashis, we failed but it was a just cause. The real issue was Somalia falling apart just because we lost, we should have sticked together.
Somaliweyn isn't the problem, even if you divide somalia into small independent states qabils will still fight each other

Som

VIP
Somalis that still believe in somaliweyne are retarted immagine screaming somaliweye while you have kenya and ethiopia military in your land. Look at turkey they could not even take cyprus island because of the UN and their military is strong. so you are crazy if you think the UN will allow somalia to take the territory
I'm pro Somaliweyn but of course i know it's impossible right now.
Being pro Somaliweyn means believing that we are one nation and that one day we will be one country, maybe it won't happen in our lifetimes od maybe it will never happen but i still believe in pansomalism and that somalis should stick together even if we are separated by borders.