SomaliSpot Census 2018: Which Somali city are you from?

Magaaladee ayaad kasoo jeedaa?

• Muqdisho

• Hargeysa

• Jabuuti

• Jigjiga

• Gaarisa

• Bosaso

• Burco

• Baydhabo

• Kismayo

• Borama

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Gaalackyo as one city including south Gaalkacyo, probably then it's larger than Bosaso.

As one city definitely but even without.

The density and width of Gaalkacyo are underestimated. The city is majority residential, houses upon houses into the distance. Bosasso is large due to the number of commercial spaces but people don't live in an office.

Apart from main road, kamaluudin, xero dayax and suuqa weyn, Nth Gaalkacyo is all houses.

The density and width of Gaalkacyo are underestimated. The city is majority residential, houses upon houses into the distance. Bosasso is large due to the number of commercial spaces but people don't live in an office.

Apart from main road, kamaluudin, xero dayax and suuqa weyn, Nth Gaalkacyo is all houses.

I have noticed as well, majority Puntlanders in this forum are reer Gaalkacyo.

The city is also expanding north, I remember before entering the city a lot of the land was already owned and under contruction

But why Gaalkacyo is the least develop city in PL, we hardly see any pics of Gaalkacyo.
it's the most insecure one perhaps, it's getting better though more roads, new football stadium under construction and airport soon being upgraded.
IMG_2535.JPG
IMG_2536.JPG

Expect more development from it.
IMG_2537.JPG
IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_2539.JPG
IMG_2540.JPG

Filtu, Zone Liben - Somali Galbeed.

but as of the last 80 years my family has resided in Wajir,

Before going to Filtu, my family was from Beledweyne, Hiiraan.

Last edited:
But why Gaalkacyo is the least develop city in PL, we hardly see any pics of Gaalkacyo.

Its because 90% of the city was built during the war and there was no urban planning.

There are houses built in the middle of the street wallahi and streets that get narrower only to become wide again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts